Black Sports : Anyone catch Baldomir v Gatti?

Aaghh. Ok. I thought PBF was a reference being made to Prince Badi :donttell:
My bad. I would never regard Mayweather as "Pretty Boy." Nor would I ever consider Shane Mosely as "Sugar."
I'm not a fan of either. All the soft overtones in boxing are rather... soft imo. Thanks for setting me straight on the lingo though, lol.

Man I saw Gatti get beatdown and loved it......for those that don't know Baldomir is a big strong man.....for him to fight at welter he's dropping about 40 or so pounds from his walking around weight.....and you can see it ...he has good pop is decently accurate and can take punches......I'd like to see Baldomir and Hatton get after it or hell won't somebody please fight Margarito? I mean come on man........

Seifrot as far as not being a Floyd Jr fan that's cool but dude is pretty..nah scratch that old boy is beautiful in the ring bruh ......watch his fights from a technical standpoint dudes like him are why boxing is a sweet science ... I also enjoyed seeing Vargas getting crushed.........maybe now him and Gatti will just go away......now we just need to start getting some of these welters in the ring to get that weightclass consolidated .....

Red

kemetkind said:
I really wanted to check out Mosely Vargas II since I couldn't bring myself to pay for it (glad I didn't, it wasn't a good fight)...but turns out Baldomir - Gatti made up for it.

I think Baldomir's dominance over Gatti kinda takes a little of the shine off PBF. I mean PBF handled Gatti but he had more trouble with Judah than Baldomir did. Not saying Baldomir could beat PBF (too slow), but I'm wondering now if PBF is really that far above everybody else.

What ya'll think?
I saw the fight. Baldomir was just too strong for Gatti. Gatti has had too many wars to fight that type of fight with bigger guys who can punch. The same with Ricky Hatton when he fought his first fight in the U.S. He found out that guys punch harder in the upper divisions.

PBF has the skills to outbox most of these guys. Their best chance of taking Floyd out is by brawling...where they MAY be able to get in a couple of hard punches during an exchange that may wobble Floyd momentarily. That's it. But, Floyd is too smart for that. He does what he does best...outbox his opponent until they're weak and brawl when he's got the advantage.

I believe Floyd will knock Baldomir out or the ref will stop the fight if he goes to the body early and beat him down with flurries...that is, if Floyd doesn't hurt his hands...which he's prone to do from time to time.

Sefirot said:
Aaghh. Ok. I thought PBF was a reference being made to Prince Badi :donttell:
My bad. I would never regard Mayweather as "Pretty Boy." Nor would I ever consider Shane Mosely as "Sugar."
I'm not a fan of either. All the soft overtones in boxing are rather... soft imo. Thanks for setting me straight on the lingo though, lol.

No problem bro, you probably wouldn't have known that unless you frequent boxing forums (which I do). About Mosely....he definately ain't "Sugar" I couldn't agree with you more on that one. However as Red stated "Pretty" in an accurate description of Floyd in that ring.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back