Black Spirituality Religion : ANYBODY SIMILAR TO JESUS IN THE HISTORY OF AFRICAN SPIRITUALITY?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Afru Shukuwr, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Afru Shukuwr

Afru Shukuwr Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    I was just wondering if anybody ever heard of or read about a person performing miracles like Jesus in African spiritual history.

2. puregenius

puregenius Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14
    Elaborate

Define African. "Judaism" has many stories please see my post on the secret of all religions- and techincally it is a "african" religion.:number1:

3. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    Just Black or whatever. Judism, ok well this is the time for that particular person of this era. Are you ready? It shouldnt be a big shock to you should it?

4. larry

larry Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I'm not sure exactly the question, mainly due to the way it was worded.

But, if I may, I can say I'd not be prepared. In my mind I thought the assigned Meshiach has already fulfilled his duties to his people. There are some here who say no, others who say the OT isn't literal therefore there are no prophecies of a Meshiach.

I say I'm not prepared because I don't know enough about the cosmos and what is happening on a cosmic level. For instance, the procession of the signs says we're going into Aquarius. Ok, what is Aquarius? I don't mean definition, I mean if I look up in the sky I should know what is what, and I don't. Our calendar system is a little odd I think, but I'm not a math genius so I can't figure out the cycles of the day week month seasons years. I feel once I get that under control I'd be ready for anything. My problem.

There are intelligent people here who know some of those answers. Some aren't really approachable, some don't have time as we all have to make money, some feel the information is too difficult to understand, some are fearful of sharing what they believe to be truth behind secrets. Etc . . . That's my stance on a question I partially understood. But I think I was on the right track. If it wasn't clear, I'm not debating, competing, or undermining you at all. Just being honest about my lack of understanding, and it bothers me.

5. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Shango/Jakuta...he didn't go around healing people but the story of his death is very similar to Jesus...

6. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    Astrology doesnt control you. You control the astrology. A particular sign is usually definite but people control all of the variations of happenings.

7. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    Look into the mythology of wisr heru and iset the combination of their feats are found in the fictional character know as je-zeus

8. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    So why all the upheaval when Christians talk about Jesus and miracles coming?

Ive only complained about Christians when they disrespect other cultures of today and the past.

9. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    I personally have no quarrles with the mentioning of Je zeus for i understand the base from which it comes. However when it is taken out of it's fictional context i try to inform the in dividual that non fiction cannot be born of fiction. Rather or not they perceive it is up to them. hetep

10. larry

larry Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I want to say first that I'm speaking with you with humility and knowing that I don't know the truth or the answer to this matter. I just have my opinion based on limited observation.

From my post http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?p=705539#post705539

I'm not sure if I said that astrology controls me, because I attempted to make sure I didn't say that. Mainly because I don't know enough. Based on my short understanding I feel that I disagree with your comment we control astrology.

So I'm clear, I wasn't necessarily speaking about "I was born in june I'm such and such sign." I was speaking more about the procession of signs (the counter clockwise one).

I have to ask the question, if we control astrology (or let me say the alignment of celestial things) then how come I can't order the orbit of the moon so that it doesn't affect the water in my body? I'm not trying to be a smart-elleck with that, I used to say to people when they asked my sign "I'm not governed by the planets." I got this mostly from Moshe Deut 18:10 and a saying the humans are the "measure of all the universe." So I'm clear I'm not saying you got this from here, I'm saying that's where I got it from when I used the phrase. But I'm inclined to say now that I don't control orbits or alignments of stars / planets etc . . . All I can do is understand the order and move accordingly. Kind of like the motion of water, it's harder to swim upstream so I try not to, I try to go with the motion of currents (as above so below?)

I'm interested to hear what you have to say, with all respect of course.

Thanks for sharing.

quote from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protagoras