Black People : Anybody here have a saltwater aquarium?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by PurpleMoons, Sep 24, 2006.

1. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Anybody here have a saltwater aquarium?

The reason I've asked is, I want to setup a saltwater aquarium and need some beginners tips. I love ocean colors, the corals, rocks, the beautiful fish, and just the natural serenity of the ocean bed. Besides, I've heard watching fish swim does wonders for releasing stress.

So tell me, any aquarium hobbyist on board the Destee's family forum?

2. lilpea

lilpea Moderator STAFF

United States
    retired
    Ratings:
    +343
    Well I'm glad to see someone is in to aquariums beside myself. I've been into this off and on for the last 20yrs. First of all let me say that one saltwater fish can cost as much or more then the aquarium it self. So be sure that this is what you want to do before you invest your money. But you are right it can have a calming effect on you and it will take you away lol. Here is a site that I reconmend for you http://saltwateraquarium.about.com/c/ec/1.htm The class is called saltwater aquarium 101-getting started. It is free and only 7 days. So tell me how it goes and ..........Good luck.............

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Thank You lilpea!

I registered for that class and for some reason I haven't received any notifications. I did everything as far as making sure my spam guard was off. I'm gonna try to register again. Yes I seen some of the prices of the fish. They were so beautiful too. I know that I am not experienced enough to afford to pay some of those prices, so I thought I'll start with the damsels.

Sister, when you started your saltwater aquarium, did you use live sand, corels, and/or live rocks? If so how did that work out for you?

Thank you for posting Sis, I was beginning to think I was an oddball amongst our own.:laugh: Even though I'm aware that I am a little odd.