Black People : Anybody Have Information About AASAP?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Feb 16, 2008.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    African Americans for Success, Achievement and Prosperity.

I signed up with them but I have strong reservations about what they are about for two reasons:

1. The sign up application asked for my ssn. It's not required information. I signed up without disclosing it but I still wonder what legit cause they have for even asking.
    2. They make a lot of grand promises but it is not immediately clear how or through what method these promises are to be fulfilled.

I don't want to just out of hand dismiss something that might be helpful for Black people, so does anyone here have information about exactly how this program operates and helps us? Has anyone had any success dealing with this program? Why do they want my ssn?

2. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I've been a member of this networking group for a couple months now.

no SSN required - although they didnt ask for it, they do explain they dont want it anyway ;)

[​IMG]

3. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey sista Zul,

What kind of experience have you had with them? What is it aqbout? What do they do? etc.

4. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    from what I understand, it is an extensive "self-help" organization- pooling knowledge and networking being the base of their success. I havent actively pursued anything within the group as of yet - but on the surface it seems to have potential to be a powerful tool for Black networking and therefore advancement.

But again - the claim to make money without doing anything.. hahaha - perhaps its just another scheme. You get paid by bringing in more people.. but first you gotta pay to get access to all the good stuff which is going to teach you everything you need to know in life.. but they dont tell you what all that good stuff is ;)

thus in a nutshell, sister river, I dont know! :lol:

5. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Oh sista zul,

This is such a common scheme it's already documented on consumer awareness websites. What they do is they get you to buy this wonderful secret then once you do you find the secret is to convince other people to buy the wonderful secret.

People motivate us with the same thing that motivates them so if they are tryiing to appeal to our greed we already know what they are about. Remember what oldsoul said about the shark and the guy selling a diamond.