Black Spirituality Religion : Anybody Can Be *Jesus*

ShemsiEnTehuti

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 28, 2006
Florida, USA
When Christians are confronted with the fact that Jesus was just a man and was not God, their frequently used (weak) rebuttal is that Jesus said he was one with God. This very concept is grounded in African spirituality, particularly Kemet for the Bible, but let's ignore that fact for the sake of discussion. Here is the scripture Christians often quote:

"I and the Father are one." ~John 10:30 (NASB)

However, when the Jews pick up stones in attempt to stone him, Jesus quotes Psalms 82:6 in the subsequent verse, John 10:34.

I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High. ~Psalms 82:6 (NASB)

Even the words of the Christian god, Jesus, tells us that mere men are sons of God. So what often happens is Christians then disregard what Jesus said, and start referring to the words of Peter or Paul. Some would think they should be called Peterians or Paulians, but that is a different discussion. All in all, Christians then start to dismiss this Psalms 82:6 passage simply because it is in the "Old Testament", even though Jesus uses it to justify himself. However, we find that mere men are one with God as well in the New Testament. In scripture about the sanctity of the body (I Corinthians 6:12-20), we have a passage that gives mere men the potential to be one with God, just as Jesus purported about himself.

But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him. ~I Corinthians 6:17 (NASB)

Does this not prove, within the Bible itself, that Jesus was a mere man?...that he was claiming nothing divine about himself?...and nothing greater than that which all men could achieve themselves?

ShemsiEnTehuti said:
When Christians are confronted with the fact that Jesus was just a man and was not God, their frequently used (weak) rebuttal is that Jesus said he was one with God. This very concept is grounded in African spirituality, particularly Kemet for the Bible, but let's ignore that fact for the sake of discussion. Here is the scripture Christians often quote:

"I and the Father are one." ~John 10:30 (NASB)

However, when the Jews pick up stones in attempt to stone him, Jesus quotes Psalms 82:6 in the subsequent verse, John 10:34.

I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High. ~Psalms 82:6 (NASB)

Even the words of the Christian god, Jesus, tells us that mere men are sons of God. So what often happens is Christians then disregard what Jesus said, and start referring to the words of Peter or Paul. Some would think they should be called Peterians or Paulians, but that is a different discussion. All in all, Christians then start to dismiss this Psalms 82:6 passage simply because it is in the "Old Testament", even though Jesus uses it to justify himself. However, we find that mere men are one with God as well in the New Testament. In scripture about the sanctity of the body (I Corinthians 6:12-20), we have a passage that gives mere men the potential to be one with God, just as Jesus purported about himself.

But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him. ~I Corinthians 6:17 (NASB)

Does this not prove, within the Bible itself, that Jesus was a mere man?...that he was claiming nothing divine about himself?...and nothing greater than that which all men could achieve themselves?

Was Jesus (Yeshua) a "mere" man?

Does "mere" equate with "common". If so, no he was in an advanced stage of Spiritual development, but no doubt a MAN and not god.

yet, I would say the same of Heru and Ausar who are believed by some to be pre-dynastic Kings of Kmt who were "deified". In fact "Jesus" had many of the same attributes as "Heru".

Yes, it is true that Yeshua "claimed nothing divine about himself" and said he came to "do the work of MY Father". This indicates His FAITH in a Higher Power.

As far as no greater than "that which all men could achieve" Im not sure about that. There was in Kmt a belief in the concept of the "Immortality of the soul" and achieving "immortality" does not seem to be something that "all men can achieve" seeing that, for the most part, most men are viewed as being "SAHU".

OmowaleX said:
Was Jesus (Yeshua) a "mere" man?

Does "mere" equate with "common". If so, no he was in an advanced stage of Spiritual development, but no doubt a MAN and not god.

yet, I would say the same of Heru and Ausar who are believed by some to be pre-dynastic Kings of Kmt who were "deified". In fact "Jesus" had many of the same attributes as "Heru".

Yes, it is true that Yeshua "claimed nothing divine about himself" and said he came to "do the work of MY Father". This indicates His FAITH in a Higher Power.

As far as no greater than "that which all men could achieve" Im not sure about that. There was in Kmt a belief in the concept of the "Immortality of the soul" and achieving "immortality" does not seem to be something that "all men can achieve" seeing that, for the most part, most men are viewed as being "SAHU".

Well, I understand the Kemetic perspective and your point very well (and I agree), but I wanted to ignore that aspect and analyze just what the Bible says. The Bible is clear that all who do God's work is a "son of God", and can be one with God.

(OmowaleX) - There was in Kmt a belief in the concept of the "Immortality of the soul" and achieving "immortality" does not seem to be something that "all men can achieve" seeing that, for the most part, most men are viewed as being "SAHU".

the "sahu" is a spiritual body and is (essentially) immortal. the sahu body (spirit) is viewed as the body that encompasses the specific individual identity. the higher bodies (khu, ba) are not associated or specific to a particular identity.

thus, much of kemetic practice was on sustaining and nurturing the sahu body (which would include the ka); in the duat. this is also part of the purpose of ancestral veneration; the offerings and remembering the names of individual ancestors strengthens their sahu identity.

ShemsiEnTehuti said:

Yeah he is just a MAN. He did not ask ANYBODY to worship him.

But that is what Christianity as self-proclaimed Christians has become WORSHIP instead of FOLLOWING this Jesus.

If they FOLLOW this Jesus, then they would know through UNDERSTANDING that this JESUS was not meant to be WORSHIPPED.

Oh well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back