Black Spirituality Religion : any Yorubas around here?

panafrica said:
Brother James just to let you know Yoruba is not the original religion for all African Americans, but it is one of many traditional African religions (primarily in Nigeria). Yoruba is also becoming increasingly popular among African Americans. I do believe that brother Chukwuemeka is Yoruba, he'd be the one to ask.
it's all good.

Yoruba/voodoo/Santeria/catembe is all i know about.

if there are others, i'd love to hear about them.
too many blacks seem to think there is nothing but Christianity and Islam.
i want to get back to my roots.

jamesfrmphilly said:
it's all good.

Yoruba/voodoo/Santeria/catembe is all i know about.

if there are others, i'd love to hear about them.
too many blacks seem to think there is nothing but Christianity and Islam.
i want to get back to my roots.

The Medu Neter, from Khemit is one.

One thing you need to bare in mind about these "religions" is that the a person's ancestor is the go "messenger" between the living and the creator. And only an ancestor of the highest morals and upstanding character(Djed). Ok?.... so this is crucial

Vondun (voodoo) & Santeria are both Christian based, native African religion mixed with Catholicism. Therefore I don't know if brotherJames would be interested in these two...I'll drop a list of some "native" African religions later. However brother James Christianity, or the Christian GOD, was in Africa before the coming of Europeans (in Axum-Ethiopia) since at least around 1000 BC....FYI!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back