Black Spirituality Religion : Any Wiccans Here?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by FloatDarkMoon, Mar 13, 2008.

1. FloatDarkMoon

FloatDarkMoon Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hotep,

Just wanting to know if anyone else practiced Wicca here.

Floating DarkMoon
    Hut Sut Ra

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i don't think black people follow that, we got our own thing going on.
    are you black?

3. FloatDarkMoon

Ratings:
    +0
    Hotep Jamesfrmphilly,

I'm African American and I'm Wiccan. I was just wondering if there were any others here to connect with.

:uhh:

Floating DarkMoon
    Hut Sut Ra

4. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i have dealt with a few wiccans back in the day. i never saw a black one.
    are you knowledgeable of the black african spiritual systems? do you have full knowledge of the black systems and then chose the white?
    or are you blinded by the light?

you say that you are african american, but to me you seem quite hostile toward black people. a neocon.

if wicca promotes this neocon philosophy, that may explain the lack of black interest.

5. FloatDarkMoon

Ratings:
    +0
    Hotep Jamesfrmphilly,

You should get out of the house/hood more. We're everywhere these days.

I'm knowledgeable enough to know that I'm not called to them, nor is my Path leading me in that direction.

Actually, I chose no Spiritual system; Wicca chose me. Further, Spiritual systems, by definition, do not operate on petty notations of "black versus white". They operate on a plane that dismantles "-isms".

:smokin:

:SuN032:

Can you point towards *anything* that I have said that is hostile towards *anyone*? Just because I reject tired notions of "we be oppressed" fails to make me "hostile towards black people".

I reject ignorance whether it resides in an African American or some other "race".

:qqb016:

Floating DarkMoon
    Hut Sut Ra

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    help me out here....

is the neo con philosophy "it's all your own fault" a tenet of wicca? do most wiccans believe this?
    how do wiccans view the inquisition? it was their own fault?
    the salem witch trials? you guys slipped up?

did wiccans found EST? the laws of attraction?

why would anyone consent to being oppressed?

relieve me of my ignorance, please......:SuN045:

7. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I was practicing Wicca at one time, but I did not like a lot of the wiccan principals, but I still respect wicca. I do my own form of Goddess worship now.

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Kuwe! Të'ë niyutyéê, FloatDarkMoon? (Hey! What's happening, FloatDarkMoon)

The closest I ever came to Wicca was a very brief dabbling in Western ceremonial magic. How did you come to Wicca and its beliefs? We all have stories and I would like to hear yours. Also could you explain Khemetic Wicca?

Hau',
    Blackbird

9. FloatDarkMoon

Ratings:
    +0
    Hotep Jamesfrmphilly,

No, but neither is the neo con philosophy "it's all the white man's fault".

"Most Wiccans" probably will disagree with anything beyond that there is a Goddess in our religion...:spin: :spin: :spin:

The Inquisition(s) had nothing to do with being Wiccan - as there were no Wiccans prior to 1970 - or even a witch. :donttell: It was The Church oppressing those who didn't fight back - as is all oppression.

First, "we" were not a part of that...Secondly, just because someone accuses you of witchcraft doesn't make it true. Ironically so, there were no witches during the "witch" trials. :donttell: It was Christians oppressing other Christians, who didn't fight back.

What's EST? and No.

You know, they say that "when a student is ready the teacher will appear." Up til now, I thought that was complete BS...

I'm glad you asked :lips: ...There is several reasons why people, human beings, consent to being oppressed.

1. How the human brain works - synapses. "Synapses that fire together wire together." Meaning that if you have a thought over and over, that thought is what reality your brain produces. So if your thought is "I got to keep on struggling", you're going to keep on struggling. Your brain is unable to to produce "smooth sailing" from this mindset; including "generational curses".

How many of "us" have this mindset? Why would we expect anything different to happen if we affirm with every thought "struggle, struggle, struggle" (which is insanity!).

2. The amygdalae - These almond shaped nodes in our brains relates feelings to memory. The more you feel your thoughts - "I hate white people; let's cut them open and see what runs out" - produces a reality...because you are causing the synapses to fire together in an emotional, primal way.

"White" people - hate - violence
    Ad nauseum

Where is there room for love, peace, beauty, gratitude, abundance, etc...? Those synapses are dying because they are not firing together.

Oh, and the rub is that the amygdalae fire more quickly when it gets negative emotional stimulus than positive ones...however, the positive emotions have a greater impact on the emotional health of the person. This is called 'hope'.

3. (This is more of a psychological idea, so bear with me.) Group dynamics. One group ("white" people) have convinced everyone else that they are "better" than everyone else, and everyone else is going along with it. Why, I am unable to tell you.

I'm sure there are more reasons why some of us collectively participate in our own destruction - psychological reasons why we keep repeating the same patterns over and over, but it all stems from ourselves.

I hope I've provided you with a preliminary basis to research more into the human mind.

:qqb018:

Floating DarkMoon
    Hut Sut Ra

10. FloatDarkMoon

Ratings:
    +0
    Hotep MANASIAC,

Neat! :terrific: Care to share?

Floating DarkMoon
    Hut Sut Ra