Black Women : any threads discussing BW and access to education?

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by SugarShark, May 2, 2006.

1. SugarShark

SugarShark Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    support programs, scholarships, testimonials that sort of stuff

2. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Hi SugarShark! Welcome to Destee's! You're welcome to start your own thread on the topic. I'm sure it will be much appreciated. Enjoy your stay!

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Greetings and welcome SugarShark... :hi:

Try exploring the College Forum and see if you run across any information that could be helpful to you.

http://www.destee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=192

Hope you enjoy your time here and please find time to tell us a little about yourself.

Peace,
    Queenie :heart:

4. SugarShark

SugarShark Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    yup it's a big site
    I'll also be looking for comments supporting the existance/extent or not of dysfunctional IR dating/marriage trends by black women
    it could take awhile, but I'll be starting with education hurdles first cause I think they're be more of a consensus for problems and solutions compared to
    the latter

5. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Sister we are inundated with threads covering the topic of IRs. We have exhausted that topic, dissected it, turned it upside down, inside out. You name it, it's been shared. For now, let's give it a rest, shall we? If you're curious about them and want to know what members think, take your time and surf carefully through the various forums and I'm sure you're bound to run across the ones that will capture your interest.

Peace,
    Queenie :spinstar:

6. draconisz

draconisz Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Sister Queen, my apologies. Blame me for this one. I know "Black" folks here are tired of this IRR stuff. But "we" have a question to ask.

We know that most "Black" women here do not entertain the thought of getting with any man but a "Black" brotha. And I certainly do not want to insult any of the "Black" women at this site. But I wanted to find out, whether or not I was correct.

If a sister did date out, aren't the chances much higher that she would be with a "White" man than a male from another group?

I was debating Shark in another forum. He, not she, seemed to disagree. We just wanted to get some quick opinions.

7. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    There's no need to apologize for your curiousity draconisz. It's just that everytime this topic is raised, and it's been raised a lot lately, it leads to some very heated debates that border on arguments. I'm not sure that the community is ready to have yet another discussion ensue, even if the topic is slightly different. But, if members are interested, they will let you know by their response. Good luck and thanks for the clarification about SugarShark! :)

Queenie :spinstar:

8. draconisz

draconisz Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    No Madam. Thank you for your kind reception here. I have been to BlackVoices, Africana, BlackAmericaWeb, and there is no "Black" forum in my searches that even begins to compare to this site.

I would like to give you a bit of background on me and this particular conversation.

I am a member of the African-American Culture forum at Delphi. I am also a member of the Bumblebee forum, AllNatives forum, and RainbowTribe at the same site. I ran into Shark at the ModelMinority (Asian-American Enpowerment Site) while searching for information to post at my "Black"/Asian site. Please understand this is not a dating site. Merely a place for the different communities to come together.