Black Relationships : Any such thing as a "Good Girl"?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Sodwn2earth, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Sodwn2earth

Sodwn2earth Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    I hear about this in songs and wonder if any of the brothas out there have actually had one of these. You know, the type that you can trust, have no problem taking to mom beacuse she's always polite and well-mannered, and all the other stereotypical concepts this phrase covers. Actually, I want you guys to tell me what a good girl is, then say if you've encountered such a woman.

2. Sanaiah25

Sanaiah25 Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +3
    If being a good girl means being a decent human being who is generally pleasant and respectful of others, then i think she does exist. However i've heard the term used in many contexts that don't apply to such a definition....so i'll let the men answer............

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    that is the only way i fly.
    i don't touch nothing but a good girl.

4. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Is a good girl like a good boy or is a good girl like a good guy? When I think of a "good girl" several things to mind. One I would say all female human being have the potential be good girls. Also maybe being a good girl is a young lady that his the utmost respect for herself and has plans on going places in her life. A good girl could also be a young lady who is in total support of her guy in his endeavors. Either way good girls are OK. I would rather have a good woman though....

Peace.....

5. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Most definitely!:hearts4:

6. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    A lot of people have a tendency of equating a 'good girl' with how much sex she has. In this culture it doesn't matter if a woman is generally sweet, loving, intelligent and hard-working. If she's screwed around a lot, she's not considered 'good.'

But anyway, keeping all this in mind I say a good woman is one who respects others and herself. Sexuality should not be an issue as long as she's using protection and not screwing others when in a monogamus relationship.

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Good girls do exist
    these girls are from the likes of good parenting , respect , intelligent
    and understand sexuality has it's place and time but her commitment
    to her future is greater knowing her direction in life with great tendency
    yes i've had a good girl before when i was coming through high school.

Now a good woman is much the same yet different in priorities
    a good woman is one who have self esteem , morals and wits
    respect and truthful , she has honor and support to her mate
    understanding and have a nitch for goals in life without messing around
    or play in the game
    a good woman works as hard a family orient , warm , caring and strong
    yes there are many good women like this all around and yes i've been
    with one with such likings

so yes there is a such thing as good girl / woman
    it all start at home and spread from the growth of a
    good girl to good woman from the right core & backing
    in the home , the parenting , schooling , understanding
    loyality and respect for self and him , doing the right things
    in life with honor without the game people play in relationships
    truely a good girl will be seen through her actions ............

8. G14:Classified

G14:Classified Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1

i truely feel you on that
    tell them again

Official G 14: Classified Member

9. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    Sister Sodwn2earth, you asked for opinions of men only, do you NOT want women to respond to your question?

Respectfully,
    Queenie :heart:

10. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I posted this since the two subjects are actually related once you read what I wrote.

Okay, there were some interesting and well thought out responces. I want to thank you for those...and I want to remind you that although this may appear to be an emotional issue for many of us, it's really something that we need to just stand back and look at. Why? Because in as much as what I wrote is true, there are other factors that contribute as well. But first lets take a look at a few of them to see if we can reach some common ground, okay?

Lets first of all see if it's possible for us to agree on a few things and then take it from there.

(1.) A woman is more "emotionally developed than a man is, right or wrong?
    With this being the case, we already have a "problem" at hand in terms of "communication", "sensitivity", interpreting what each one is really saying or better yet, "meaning" when we speak and in terms of "intimacy". Just with these things alone I was able to snatch from the "emotional" aspect of who we are as men and women...with "women being better developed in these areas."

(2.) Because the woman is better developed in these areas than a man, what does it mean? It means that she is going to "communicate feelings better" than a man. It means that she is going to be "more sensitive to issues in the relationship that the man may veiw differently than she does in terms of importance. Because she is more in touch emotionally and in terms of communicating those feelings, she is going to tend to speak in terms that we as men hear "as words" but which to her carries another or deeper meaning altogether.

(3.) I heard someone speak of the man as being the "warrior", the protector and all that. That's all good, cause he knows who he is protecting and why. From a mans' perspective, he may feel that as long as he is taking care of business, working, providing, making sure that his woman or family wants for nothing...and that he spends some quality time when possible with his children and or woman, "that he is doing his job". There are many men who were raised this way and believe this whole heartedly.

(4.) The question now becomes; "Is this how the woman sees and feels about it? Is this her "definition of a man"? For some women, this is all they may feel that they need or want and could ask for nothing more. For other women more is needed. Some women may feel that they can "provide for themselves and their children economically. Some women may require more from a man than the others. There are women who simply need a man to be "whole"....someone they can build and grow with. Someone who stimulates them so as to bring out the best that they may be. As such, her definition of a man now varies from the definition of the woman who did not require all that in a man.

(5.) Again, we get back to "communication between the two", but more than that, what we really get to is "the subconsciously instilled and often preconceived concept of what a woman or man is defined as to each of us. Obviously it is going to vary, and with that variation is going to come the conflict, the miscommunication, emotional flair ups and the "blame game" that often happens. So now each of us must look within to see how we "each define what a man or a woman is". That is the beginning of communication and understanding that we are presently seeking.
    This is to ask..."what is your definition of a "good girl" or for that fact a "good man"? Ultimately only you know and it won't be a universal answer for anyone here.

Oh, this reply was actually part two of : WHY BROTHERS BLAME WOMEN IN RELATIONSHIPS

More To Come.