Black People : Any solutions to the problems we see in our community?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Putney Swope, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    There is a reactive, activity and there is a proactive activity.

with the number of problems in our community
    such as

a need for a serious focus on our children,
    safety, education , and cultural enriching environment

a need to patrol our own communities to remove nihilistic and self enslaving processes from the community and making such unwelcome

a need to form an economic safety net to help those who will fall through the cracks when the economy goes bust, as well as build our own industries,

Wuold it be possible to set aside a Black solution month, to take time and creativity to formulate solutions,
    since no Black leaders are doing that now?

a word from the real life spook who sat by the door
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAsy_0NzAsU"]YouTube - COINTELPRO: White Supremacist Plot? (Part 2)[/ame]

2. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    OK if not aBlack solution month how about just one week ..

of discussing nothing but solutions?

3. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Brother Putney
    In your youtube video
    It was said. The foundations of what needs to be done has been laid by Malcolm and the Black Panther Party.

Malcom was about to take the human rights issue to the U.N.
    Not that controlling Civil rights issue. Pause the youtube video below and read it again.

We need to talk once a week collectively , everyday... there is someone in front
    of us.

We need to do more than talk. We need as I have said in a post.
    Take the Malcom cause ( human rights violations ) to the U.N.

And charge those across the world with their crimes against us and humanity.

That cost a few days, a few dollars and a few men with fire and guts.
    I will sign and support a petition before the U.N. for human rights.

On Tuesday @ 8Pm est everyweek.
    There are a core number of Brothers in Brothers Chat.
    Discussing issues. Ready to discuss such an endeavor.
    We are combining funds, considering projects, and discussing ideas and matters that support all of us here and in our communities.

Any balck man interested on this site, that has ever wanted to be a part of change.
    Should be there or as they say.. Stay not square.

I hope your schedule allows you to come and listen.
    Allows you to come contribute and participate and speak your mind.

This is not something new from Brothers in the past here, but what is new is how.
    I see this commitment forming this time.

That is different from other times.
    Come and give your opinions and vote every week.

It is a fact, waiting on someone else to do. Will leave you waiting.

Where two or more or gathered in my name! There I will be also. ( Bible verse )
    This is why many join church, ( because of that verse ) but all that is needed is a mind focused on anything.
    Two or more and with focus.

Things get done, deligated and changed.
    Marriage is two hopefully focused on one thing, some goal.
    Then they grow and see fruit from the effort.

There are CORE Brothers that are committed
    We are non denominational, in rethoric, in sprit all denominations are welcome.

We pray to our fallen and past ancestors, then we get down to discussions...and issues you can sink into.

:em0200:

4. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    I am not sure if you are aware of 2 points

The first point is that Malcolm X was not dangerous until he formulated the Charter of the Organization of African American Unity, which can be found in it's entirety in the back of Macolm X a Man and his Times by Dr John Henrik Clarke.
    To speak of Malcolm without a knowledge of what this Blueprint for community successs, was -is is like a Muslim not nowing Hadith, or a Christian not knowing the Gospel, A Kemeticist unfamiliar with the Pert Em Heru, or a Yoruba unfsmilair wih the key colors favored by the Orishas.

Second here in NYC The Patrice Lumumb Coalition and the December 12th Movement have continued to the point of now maintianing GAO status with the UN in regards to Malcolms attempt to adress the UN, regarding our human rights concerns, and this has been going for the past 30 years.

In all reality the UN is a sham with defense forces that rape children in every port they R sent.

As to the Charter of the Organization of African American Unity, what is your opinion of it?

5. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Brother

From my readings of Malcolm. I do know of the Organization of African American Studies. I haven't read the charter, I read about his work in founding the Organization.

So is this suppose to be a qualifier....of not understanding Malcolm? You bought a book and read a bit more... if I buy the book. Then maybe I will know the same as you... then or still... doesn't qualify either one of us or pays the rent.

I read his biography, I read Malcolm X speaks...I read a lot of his quotes online.

I went on line, No I haven't bought this book. But reading a few reviews did Dr John Henrik Clarke trash and bad mouth, ( put down ) other great Black ancestry like Carver, Booker T. Washington, and MLK?

GAO maintaining status for 30 years. Have they accomplished anything besides being listed?
    I haven't heard a Black Man come close to the articulation or passion Malcolm commanded.

There are some commanding brothers out here. But only Malcolm possibly could have delivered his message better.

I don't know about these things brother. Never interested me. I am a christian.. and I am proud of what I do know about the gospel.

6. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    The Charter was mentioned in Spike's movie, in fact that was the scene on that fateful day when he lost his temper at the sister for not hsving it ready in print.
    The Charter is a Blueprint for how we can clean p and prosperitize our community,;
    Dealing with;
    1 Community patrol
    2 Grassroots school involvement on a heavy and direct level to ensure that the schools in our community become hallmarks of education
    3. Developing and supporting our own banks and savings and loans
    4. have a knowledge of all levels of elected officials in ones district, register to vote and divide our party membership strategicaly as a people so we could play one party off of theothr so that no party takes us fpor granted nor disregards us alltogether.
    In conjunction the need for a 10 billion dollar(1963) lobbying concern in Washington DC so we as a people can buy politicians like other ethnic groups do.
    and more.

Please purchase the book, this is not asales ploy but many of these books have been tampered with ad the only one with the complete charter is at the Schomburg.
    In the following week I will be posting exerpts peiecmeal, in respect of copyright, but had we followed this great Blueprint we would as a people not be in the situation we are today.

Also Dr Amos Wilson's Black Power has an exhaustive amount of information on developing Black Economics, along with the last Chapter of Chancellor William's Destruction of Black Civilizations.

7. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    of all the topics of discussion the Black community is in need of a consensus on this

8. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    back up to keep the focus

9. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    every part of the body that the creator has given us is neccessary, and some parts are liable to be abused like the sex organs and the liver, but these organs are the basis of life and to remove them or neglect them just because they are liable to be abused or abused by some, is to end ones life

money is the same

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    :ghost: