Black Spirituality Religion : Any of Muslim faith here?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Slowly, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    What you think? I'm Christian, but I feel just a promise to do right is enough. I've appeared in court a few times, and there was no Bible swearing.

By Andrea Stone, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON (Dec. 1) -- The first Muslim elected to Congress hasn't been sworn into office yet, but his act of allegiance has already been criticized by a conservative commentator. In a column posted Tuesday on the conservative website Townhall.com, Dennis Prager blasted Minnesota Democrat Keith Ellison's decision to take the oath of office Jan. 4 with his hand on a Quran, the Muslim holy book. http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/newly-elected-muslim-lawmaker-under/20061201093309990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

2. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    I am not a "professed" Muslim or Christian even though at earlier times in my life I was raised under both faiths.

What happened to the concept of separation between church and state?

The conservative argument is that swearing Ellison in under another faith than Christianity somehow undermines "American culture". What is that? The culture of white christian nationalism? If so, then I have no personal problem with any person being sworn into public office in respect to their particular religious faith.

3. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    I think the concept of church and state is nonexistant. There was a Christmas tree delivered to the white house from pennsylvania. What if there was a muslim, jewish, or atheist president? Or perhaps just a real christian who knows christmas tress have nothing to do with Christ? I think there are many things this country does politically that are very religious so there is no separation of church and state...even in the pre-Bush Christian Right era.

Bottom line is though, both the bible and holy qur'an differ with the constitution and policies of this government, so no one can serve two masters...

4. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    Separation of church and state has been overly complicated by our bastardized language. Simply put, it was supposed to mean that if I was President and Baptist, I couldn't force the rest of the country to be Baptist. Now these lawyers, by using 5000 page summations just to say yes done screwed everything up!

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace....

Has swearing on the "holy By-bill" ever made these other congressman honest??

More than likely this is just another attempt at taking the publics pulse of the ongoings and feelings on Islam since the Iraq invasion.......

secondly, he could be a 32 degree or higher Mason .....meaning once you achieve that level you leave the By-bill and use the Qu'ran...

even when they greet each other at this "level" they say A-SALAAM-A-LAIKUM!~~

both books are always open to certain pages on their altars in their temples~

- He does look very Arabic to have a name like Ellison, don't he???

""The Constitution guarantees for everyone to take the oath of office on whichever book they prefer"This is a quote from the article to the link provided~~

""The vast majority said, 'You should resign from office if you're not willing to use the book our country was founded on,' " Colling said." - NOT TRUE.....The U.S. was founded upon it's "Forefathers" all of which were MASONS who adhered to the QU'RAN & still do!!

"Members of the House of Representatives traditionally raise their right hands " - YES, because this is a MASONIC RITUAL as with anyone ever in court and asked to SWEAR ON THE HOLI BIBLE with their right hand raised........

& say "I SOLEMNLY SWEAR" - why do they force you too swear on SOLOMON????????which is where the books are turned too most likely in their temples..........

"from a dead level too a living perpendicular"

6. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    This is why white amerikans are fooling themselves. If "once you achieve that level you leave the By-bill and use the Qu'ran.." Ellison is only asking to openly do what the american presidents (who are 33 degree) have done covertly. Besides, from what I read from the treaties that Noble Drew Ali taught about any african of "Moorish" descent who is an amerikan citizen also by right has Moroccan citizenship also and their holy book is recognized as the Qu'ran. This is another deep secret steeped in constitutional law.