Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Any Natural Sisters Out There???

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by ShemsiEnTehuti, Oct 9, 2006.

1. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    Ok, I am not hating on my American sisters, but I have a woman problem. I am a single, hopefully decent-looking, 25-years old, university-schooled (BSE & MSEE), Americanized African professional engineer living in Central Florida who can't find very many natural sisters. When I say "natural", I am talking about a sister who wears her hair in its natural state without chemical or thermal processing for a straightening effect and/or those who wear weaves to mimic the look of European women. Now, I love all of my African women, my sable princesses, my Kamitic Queens, but I need a natural sister unless she is very special in other ways.

Anyhow, is it really that few of you around? If so, why aren't there more sisters wearing their hair natural? Could I just be looking in the wrong places?

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    I wear my natural hair !!!!! :jumping: i absolutely love it !!!! :toast:

I believe more Sisters are doing it ... considering such ... took me a minute to get here.

What a wonderful thread to start ... thank you Brother !!! :bowdown:

Natural Sisters Reprezent !!!! :toast:

25 years old ... bless your heart ... just a baby ... ohhhh but a cute one ... i saw the pic ... :wink:

:heart:

Destee

3. ShemsiEnTehuti

Ratings:
    +32

Thank you, Destee. You know, age is just a number :wink:, state of mind is far more important IMO.

You say it took you a minute to get to wearing your hair natural, but what took you so long? Perhaps I shouldn't be saying this on here, but I have come across quite a few sisters who were several years my senior that were natural...my mind wandered quite a few times about what I would do if I were a bit older or they a bit younger. This one sister was 43, but I didn't think she was older than maybe early 30's. I approached her anyhow knowing she was considerably older, perhaps because I have been experiencing a looong drought of natural sisters who are around my age. However, I have always been more attracted to women a bit older than myself for some reason.

4. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    In the above statement; are you stating that you would be willing compromise processed hair on Sister if she possessed other "special" qualities? What qualities would those be?

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother ShemsiEnTehuti ... :love: @ age is just a number :love:

Yes, it took me a minute to get to the point that i even thought about my own natural hair, let alone, wanted to wear it ... and then even longer ... actually taking the step, cutting all of my hair off, and starting all over again ... getting to know me ... the way the Creator made me. Yes Yes Yes, it actually took much longer than a minute.

Taking off all of that conditioning is not easy for any of us to do. Much of it has been embedded in us, by the very ones we love most ... our parents ... our Mothers and Fathers. Of course, they didn't know they were putting the wrong thing in us, for it had been put into them as well, by their parents. It's very hard letting go of that which your Momma and Daddy gave you, taught you.

That's the precision of white supremacy.

I'm soooooo excited to be learning and loving me ... just like the Creator made me! In all of my glorious nakedness! :)

Now that i'm doing it, i see other Sisters that are too! Kinda like gett'n a new car, you notice all of the same cars on the road.

This is so dear and near to my heart, that i've created a brand new forum for it specifically ... Wearing Our Natural Hair! I've been thinking of doing this for a minute, and your thread inspired me to go on and get it done ... Thank You Thank You Thank You !!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bless your sweet darling heart at liking older women! :love:

Whew ... wait ... is this allowed ?? ... Moderators ... QQ

oh gosh ... someone ... save this baby !!! :love:

:heart:

Destee

6. ShemsiEnTehuti

Ratings:
    +32
    Well, every woman is different and so I like to talk and get to know people before getting intimately involved. There is usually something special about every woman with a good heart in my opinion, but I would need to figure out if whatever that may be is also special to me. However, in a general sense, perhaps the most attractive, arousing, and lovable things for me are:

• A strong, intelligent, and an independent thinker.
    • She doesn't have a demasculating attitude towards men, but an attitude none the less that demands respect.
    • Not being hidebound about religion or or its dogmas and accepts my non-religious and non-practicing spirituality (unless I choose).
    • Although perhaps politically termed "African-American", fully embraces being an African woman only displaced in America.
    • Knows history of African people before European enslavement or at least wants to learn.
    • Doesn't have an aversion to Ancient Kemet, given it is a significant thread in the great African cultural fabric greatly connected with West, East, and South Africa. This aversion is too often present with Qur'an or Bible thumpers
    • Knows what she wants out of life.
    • Not threatened by my privacy or time alone to work on hobbies or business ventures/investments.
    • Open sexually to satisfy my particular needs, as I satisfy her needs (both emotionally & physically).
    • Likes to go out and have a good time to dine, dance, socialize, and just have fun while letting go of any stress.
    • A sense of humor that isn't too dry. I can get kind of goofy sometimes.

Did I list enough? I could probably list more, but that's all I have off the top of my head. But again, every woman is different...

7. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    WOW:blush:. I guess you listed enough; only YOU know what YOU want/need. Bon de la chance amidst your love query:spinstar:

PEACE

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,736
    my number is up..........

9. sweettee29

sweettee29 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    WOW! ITS CRAZY CUZ I LOVE TO WEAR MY HAIR NATURAL, I STOPPED DOING PERMS ABOUT 3 YRS AGO AND I TELL YOU I AM A LEO BY BIRTH BUT MY HAIR LOOKS LIKE A WILD LIONESS' MANE AND I LOVE IT, I HAVE A VERY GOOD MALE FRIEND WHO LOVES MY HAIR. EVERYTIME HE SEE'S ME HE SAYS "[email protected] GIRL YOUR HAIR HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN, BUT I LOVE IT!" I GET UP TOSS IT A COUPLE OF TIMES AND GO AND I THINK ITS JUST THE BOMB. LOL!

SWEETTEE, LOVE

10. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    Does it count if im naturally nappy.. if its permed or not? lol:bellydance: