Science and Technology : Any Hard Core programmers Here

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by river, May 6, 2007.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey Fambly.

I am a web applications developer. anybody here can talk shop about the .net framework, asp.net 2.0 and microsoft sql 2005

2. nibs

nibs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +22
    in terms of web development i can talk shop about ruby on rails & postgresql. maybe a little python/django...etc; possibly some j2ee (jboss) + (spring/struts/...etc).

over the weekend i used a ruby on rails app + rss + a couple flex applications to get comments working on my myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/nibs_ra

i used a div overlay for my page and had to recreate the myspace-like functionality, including comments.

i tend not to deal with .net or ms platforms to any great extent. can't help you there.

grand hustle did the blackchessplayers.com site in php; we know he has some skills too :)

3. twashing

twashing Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I'm a software developer mostly with java/j2ee, ruby, javascript, and XML. As well, I've designed my own language for a double entry bookkeeping system I developed, so I know a bit about DSLs (domain specific languages). But I'm the same way in that I try to stay away from ms technologies in general.

What are you trying to do with MS?

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    LOL - That depends on your definition of 'Hard-Core,' Sistah Khnumet. Then, it depends on what Program(s)/Application(s) you are speaking of. If you are talking about Object-Oriented Programs (C, C++, Java), then I know a little something-something. Otherwise, I am sure Bro. anAfrican, or maybe even Bro. GrandHustle can get up there.

MK

5. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    I have 2 websites thats been just doing nothing One is still under construction :( :em4200: :SuN025:

I purchased the domain names from yahoo business. I was told of a better site to go to called 'one on one' i believe. But I had trob transfering the service from yahoo to another. I could use some suggestions :idea: I just got some e-mail today that my 1 yr subscription is up and I need to renew. :bye:

:peace:

6. twashing

twashing Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Well, technically you can only transfer the domain name between ISPs, not the account you have with the ISP per se. The way it usually works is that your new ISP should take care of transferring your domain names to their DNS servers. They should give you any detailed instructions needed to complete the task. I haven't registered a domain in a while, but my brother recommended godaddy.com to me.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Hiphopolx ... i've been talking about web sites, basic things, in my last few classes (Sundays @ 8 pm ET) ... so you should join us this Sunday, and get your particular questions answered. If not by me, then maybe someone else will be there that can help.

:heart:

Destee

8. hiphopolx

Ratings:
    +209
    Thanks

9. hiphopolx

Ratings:
    +209
    Thank you, That was very insightful I'll check out the site ("http://www.godaddy.com") out

10. hiphopolx

Ratings:
    +209
    Sorry for the late responses I hardly come to geek discussion.
    My bad
    :qqb017: