Black People : Any Folks into anything related to Filmmaking? WRiters, ACtors, Directors and etc.

What are you interested in doing?

Hi Manasiac,

Welcome to the Forums and it's good to see you again! (We met in chat, remember?) :wave:

I'm not a filmmaker, writer, actor, etc. but I think this could be an interesting and critical thread which is why I'm responding.

I know that there are some members who are into this type of profession, but I don't think they've seen this thread yet. I hope that they respond though, when they do see it.

We have a lot of discussions here about movies these days--their themes, topics, quality of actors, producers, etc. The movie industry is one form of media that is used to convey messages through storytelling. Outside of national geographic documentaries, seldom is the true story of Africans and their cultures reflected in movies. Many of the images portrayed of Africans are negative. The breadth of our existence is limited and shallow on the silver screen and as for jobs in the industry, few of us are able to earn a decent living wage.

What type of filmmaking are you interested in and what impact do you want to make on the industry? Are there any role models in the industry that you want to be like? Who are they and what are your favorite works that they have produced?

Tell us more about your interests.

Queenie :spinstar:

I am interested in the industry

MANASIAC said:
Anyone interested in Filmmaking or already in the biz, I would like to link up with you and discuss thangs,

Manasiac :uzi:

Hello. I am interested in the industry. I will be owning my own film production company and creating shorts and docuemtaries. I also want my film production company to distribute. What is on your mind?

Lets talk

Shadow

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back