Black Christians : Any Christians In The House?

Discussion in 'Christian Study Group' started by cherryblossom, Apr 1, 2009.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Oh my goodness! This Christianity forum is a wilderness, a barren land!

Why no discussion or bible study in here?

Anybody got a testimony?

How about some praise up in here?

2. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Jump start it. Name the topic.

3. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Where did you get the idea that this is a Christian forum?

My testimony ain't glorifying Jesus, so I don't think you'll want to hear it.

How about some Ancestral Veneration up in here?

4. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Oh, I guess I should warn you. Many of the Brothers and Sisters here at Destee will not respect your faith. They consider it "the white mans religion" and as such it is nothing an African person should subscribe to.

As for me, I know what I believe and why I believe it. I am a strong believer in the God of Heaven. I am led of the Holy Spirit and my testimony DOES glorify the Lord Jesus Christ. I am firm and unapologetic about this position.

On the other hand, I have no problem putting my belief system up for scrutiny. Other than vain claims that "The church is harmful to blacks" or other unsubstantiated claims, no one has put together a logical case against Christianity in it true biblical form. (In other words, No one has identified a biblical principle that if practiced by blacks, would adversly effect us.)

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Knowledge Seed,

cherryblossom was making reference to the forum, Christianity, Christian Study Group, and not the entire Destee.com Forum....Peace In Seed

6. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Oh ok

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister CherryBlossom ... Welcome Welcome Welcome !!! :wave:

Thanks for joining us, and sharing! :love:

Oh No Sister! That's not true, though the path of Christianity has not been the dominant path discussed of late. In the early years of the community, things were quite opposite, than they are now. It's just how it goes, the natural ebb and flow of things, for it is you all ... the Membership ... that actually drive the dominance of any topic. I'm glad you're here, resurrecting Christianity! :)

Aint nuth'n like a good resurrection ... and i know! :wink:

Here's a few Christianity threads, proving, our ground is not barren ... by any means! While i've not read all of these i'm sharing, i do hope you find them enjoyable.

In addition ... feel free to start whatever discussions you'd like, and hopefully those who are of like mind and Spirit, will share with you.

Christian Testimonies

A Question for Our Christian Famblee Members

Christian Devotionals

Yes, i have a testimony. Let me say first though, that i'm only just seeing Sister True's testimony thread above. Sorry i missed that Sister True.

Yes, i have a testimony.

Briefly, my Mother, my Father, my GrandMother, my GrandFather, my Great GrandMother, my GreatGrandFather, my Father-in-Law ... so many that i loved, and loved me, and taught me, and had patience with me, and to whom i owe my very life ... they all died believing, living, as Christians (in their whole hearts, minds, souls, bodies, and strength). They believed it so, that they taught it to me, and it got us here ... me here, with them in me. To forsake it, would be (to me), to forsake a great part of them ... for they lived this thing, lived it and died it. I will take nothing from them, nothing at all.

To disparage Christianity, would be like disparaging them, their wisdom ... and i just can't do it.

That's my brief and heartfelt testimony regarding Christianity.

Thanking God and Our Ancestors, right now, for all things !!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

... and i learned that from my Christian Momma! ... :)

Please make yourself at home Sister, because you are!

:heart:

Destee

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

cherryblossom,

What few Bible believers there are find themselves either defending the faith, attempting to reconcile or just plain scared:), maybe thats why there has been no Bible studying.

9. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    LOL! Somebody came in here just READY to get CRUNK and got his face cracked when told that this IS the Christianity sub-forum! Therefore, my post was appropriately placed. :laugh:

However, thank you to all the other posters who supported and respected this topic.

Yes, I am aware that this site does not "lean" to Christianity. I saw that when I "lurked" for a month before posting yesterday. However, I am NEVA scurred.

I can respect other religions and spiritual beliefs, but I am a Christian.

So, maybe now, Destee can have a spot for Christians to converse and those who can't respect a Bible Study will, respectfully, stay out.

10. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261

Hotep Brother Excel and Sister CherryBlossom:

I must say that we do respect your faith...

it is modern day religion that is questionable...

when ur a free thinker then u follow ur faith and live as a civilized human being...

the problem is that they have taken the teachings of Jesus Christ and used them to be self serving...

sometimes we get into heated discussions and many of us have agreed to disagree on certain things...

however at the end of the day everyone is given a free will

we respect each other and everyone is different and that is what makes destee so special and beautiful..

they can't divide us.. even if we don't agree.....

nuff respect