Black Entertainment : Any Cash Money Fans Here At Destees?

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by spicybrown, Jan 5, 2006.

1. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I was in my ride bumpin' "Ha" by Juvenile. The song is so simple, yet was a smash hit. Anywho.....what was the secret to Cash Money's "overnight" success? I once heard they 'flipped' $35,000 into $1,000,000, within a matter of days, and made somethin' outta nothin. Any Feedback? No, I do not plan on taking that route. Just curious.

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

All the black people who bought their terrible albums, that didn't realize they were paying good money to be called "[email protected]","*****" and "*****".

3. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Kente417Mojo

I understand how you may feel about airing dirty laundry in the AA community. I'll step on the male/female rapper's defense this time: Is it impossible for a BM to have had a few bad encounters with a BW that acted lke a ho3, bitc#, or a BM who has acted like a sorry motha-lova, and rap about it? With so many other races in the videos these days, why are BW the main women to get their thongs in a bunch, should the "other" women speak out too? I'll mosy on back to the conservative side of things....this is what happens when you get liberal-minded Blacks with a chip on their shoulder. In fact young white males make up roughly 80% of rap record sales. Hmmmm. Ol Country songstress "Bessie McSmith" can howl all night long how her kids climb curtains all day, how her old man beat her with a sawed-off 12 gauge, or how her dog died, and their is no major uproar from the white community. Why is this? Believe me those issues are critical to most white folks. Are AA's too sensitive?

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

I do agree that white people do have their issues with music also. I think the only difference is that black people have much more negative in our music than positive. Think about it, even most of the R&B videos have women dressed like [email protected] These are supposed to be the more mature, romantic part of our music, and it's just as trashy in some instances. I think that's what many black people dislike, me included. I would not mind trashy stuff here and there, but it dominates our music heaviy. For every positive song or rap, you'll have a hundred negative, sterotypical ones. I think people just want more balance.

5. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Cash money sold thousands of records in the south before they were even signed to a label. and were noticed by major labels. they singed a distribution deal owning their masters but still being paid millions and getting world wide play.

kente your right though , just another example of how trashing our selves and clowning our selves sells.they promote garbage period.

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Is there anyone on this website that would openly admit to being a "Cash Money fan"...??

:lol:

7. ibrahim

ibrahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ghana
    Student
    Ratings:
    +122
    I am a fan.

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Okay, bruh!

Lol!

:eek:hmy:

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Goodness No....although I admit to liking "back that thang up", but only the video!

10. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Ummm Hmmm...

See, I told you......, that other side is slowly yet surely emerging...:eek:hmy: Bout time I put you on front street, and off the back burner:eek: