Black People : Any advice or ideas for Black group in Central Illinois area?

coltkilla

BANNED
Oct 27, 2014
Hi everyone,my name is Chris and I am rather new to this forum.I joined primarily to get involved with like minded individuals who are equally concerned with the ongoing digression of black society or better known as the so called "black community"(<--- even though it is anything but).

Although I was also hoping to take it a step further.I would like to get involved in some activism in the central Illinois region where I live work and went to college but it is extremely hard to find black organizations or groups that cater to black issues and that actually meet and discuss and or do things for the "black community" in this neck of the woods because central Illinois unlike Chicago is a mess pool of "diversity" and races are mixed in and there are only tiny pockets of minority neighborhoods here and there.Thus outside of student groups or churches there really isnt anything like the activist and interest groups one would find in a more major urban area.

Is anyone who lives in the mid west interested or knowledgeable about even small amateur groups that meet in person anywhere near here or neighboring states?

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone,my name is Chris and I am rather new to this forum.I joined primarily to get involved with like minded individuals who are equally concerned with the ongoing digression of black society or better known as the so called "black community"(<--- even though it is anything but).

Although I was also hoping to take it a step further.I would like to get involved in some activism in the central Illinois region where I live work and went to college but it is extremely hard to find black organizations or groups that cater to black issues and that actually meet and discuss and or do things for the "black community" in this neck of the woods because central Illinois unlike Chicago is a mess pool of "diversity" and races are mixed in and there are only tiny pockets of minority neighborhoods here and there.Thus outside of student groups or churches there really isnt anything like the activist and interest groups one would find in a more major urban area.

Is anyone who lives in the mid west interested or knowledgeable about even small amateur groups that meet in person anywhere near here or neighboring states?

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome, we are glad to have you join us, coltkilla, and I'm hoping that someone steps up that may be able to help you, from those neck of the woods.

If that doesn't happen however, remember, getting started is very important, even if its only you and one other person. The goal would be to grow the group of two (2), until it reaches something more in line with the numbers you are in search of.

Don't lose sight of the goal, and keep your eye on that prize ...

Peace In,

Well, good luck with your efforts and desire to organize like minded local black people.....

Welcome Xeon, I can't help but to think that by your post, you've had a bad experience with organizing Black folk, is that true?

If so, tell me more about the experience.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back