Black Sports : Antonio Tarver vs. Glencoffe Johnson Tonight!!!

panafrica

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Sorry I'm late posting this but the 2 men to KO Roy Jones face each other tonight on HBO! This should be a great fight for boxing fans! Both fighters are in their prime, and riding high after knocking out Roy Jones in their last fights! The program begins in 20 minutes at 9:00pm (EST). However the fight probably won't actually start until 10. This should give some people a chance to see it.

panafrica

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
In a fantastic action fight Glencoffe Johnson pulled off a minor upset and defeated Antonio Tarver by decision. The HBO announcing crew felt that Tarver deserved the decision. Personally I felt the fight was razor thin, and could have gone either way! Big win for Johnson, congrats to him!

kente417mojo

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 22, 2004
I think Tarver would've won if he didn't back up and run all fight long. I think they gave it to Johnson because he initiated the action the entire fight. I understand that Tarver is a longer fighter and wants to use his jab...but some of the time he looked like he just wanted to put together a few pitty pat punches and get the hell out of dodge. I was glad that they gave it to Johnson...even though Tarver is the better fighter. If they fight again I think Tarver will make sure he's a lot more willing to stand there.

kente417mojo

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 22, 2004
panafrica said:
Running will make you lose 9 times out of 10!

Yup, I second that...and so does Oscar Dela Hoya. It was a good fight though, but it should have been better than it was because one guy was basically chasing the other.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.
sekou kasimu wrote on ZIbijah's profile.
Have you read "The Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Origins of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression"?
$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days
Destee wrote on Marcchris's profile.
Hi @Marcchris ... Welcome Welcome Welcome!!! :wave: ... Thanks for joining us AND becoming a Premium Member! :cheerleader: ... I am honored. Please make yourself right at home! Much Love and Peace.