Antihistamines: A Deadly Truth

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by river, Feb 1, 2009.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey fambly,

A few months ago I described a sickness that left me feeling like I was going to die. Well I finally let folks convince me to go see the primary physician my medicaid hmo assigned to me. She was not actually a doctor but a nurse practitioner but she was as close to a doctor as my insurance let me get.

Anyway I told her about the sickness which I thought was due to some alergy. She said next summer she would give me antihistamines if I needed them. Just like that. No diagnostic test to see what wa causing the sickness. Just a prescription based on an anecdotal description of the symptoms. My heart sank and I've never been back since. Good thing because I later realized the sickness was not due to an allergy but to food poisoning because my fridge was turned down way to low.

But I know that antihistamines are a favorite drug doctors like to push on us. To understand antihistamines we must first know what histamine is. If we ask our doctors they may give us a flippant rather dismissive answer. What the doctor told me was that histamine is the body's way of over reacting to something causing us to have an allergic reaction. White people like to act like the body doesn't know what it's doing. If nature gave us histamine then it is for a reason so I'm not going to just dismiss it without at least finding out what that reason is. When I take antihistamines what am I really fighting against.

Did you read that? read that again. when we take antihistamine we are not only fighting against a part of the body's immune system but also against the neurotransmitters. That's deep. Piled high and deep. Need a shovel and a pick axe. It's just like with tonsils. They used to take kids tonsils out in a minute. Come to find out tonsils are a part of the immune system that protects the upper respiratory system.

2. free2b_me

free2b_me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    ESPECIALLY SINCE

SOME PEOPLE LIKE ME DEPEND ON THEM DURING THE SPRING AND SUMMER MONTHS. I HAVE REAL BAD ALLERGIES. I HAVE ALSO, TRIED SOME HOMEOPATHY TYPE MEDS THAT ARE REALLY EXPENSIVE BUT THEY WORK NONE THE LESS. IF YOU GO TO YOUR LOCAL HEALTH FOOD STORE THE CARRY THEM IN A 1/2 OZ VILE FOR $8. IT COMES IN A ALCOLHOL SUSPENSION AND YOU PUT 10 DROPS UNDER YOUR TONGUE EVERYDAY. SOME ARE LIKE TINY BEADS THAT YOU TAKE. AFTER AWHILE, YOU WILL NOTICE THAT YOUR SYMPTOMS JUST DISAPPEAR. THE ONLY THING IS, THERE IS NO IMMEDIATE RELIEF, YOU MUST START TO TAKE IT BEFORE YOU ARE IN FULL ALLERGY MODE. SO, WHEN YOU START TO NOTICE YOURSELF SNEEZING, START TAKING IT. OTHER WISE, YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SUFFER A LITTLE BIT.:insane: AS SOME OF US ALLERGY SUFFERERS KNOW ALL TOO WELL.

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey sista free,

I am glad to know there is an alternative. I wonder too if it might not be possible to do something phsical like using a cloth as a filter when outdoors. anything is preferable to messing up our immune system.

I understand that there is an array of blood vessels near the sufgace under the tongue so some medicines placed under the tonue go directly into the blood stream. But this depends on if the medicine can be absorbed.