Black People Politics : Anti-Obamans and Pro-Obamans

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by legit-writer, Sep 28, 2012.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I really need some straight to the point and cut and dry answers. I am not as politically savvy as some of you guys on here, and if a thread was already made about this, I apologize, but I need to be explained in layman terms what I am about to ask. For those who do not like Obama and his policies, why not? What would make him someone you would vote for or brag about? For those who are happy with Obama being our president, what are you liking about him and his policies? Why?

My only viewpoint about him is, he plays too nicely and isn't the average crooked politician. Us as a country is so used to dirty playing politicians and liars that we are blinded and dumb when it comes to someone honest who is actually in office. We, especially us Blacks have been brainwashed and the most victim to lies, that we are unknowingly under a spell. While some of my friends, say that he talked himself out of having to fight a war and making such a point that he has not fought one war since he has been in office, I don't see why it's essential that we must always be at war.

I need some answers please. Thanks in advance.

2. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,530
    I feel and think those who are anti or pro obama in our midst are just wannabes themselves...

I also suggest checking out the BBC's special morning program on black chicago and who has to know who Obama truly is (or was) before he became this nation's president...

We too play a role, and perhaps other folks dreams/schemes/etc. and perhaps a few have been undermining our own efforts to make a difference, in order to advance their personal self interests...

FYI...

3. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    Doesn't matter if you are pro or anti Obama as long as you support the black man over the white man. It's never good to let a white man defeat a black man.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Well sister legit-writer, another honest thread you've posted which hits to the core of the black mindset; well done.

For those who are happy with Obama being our president, what are you liking about him and his policies? Why?

Obviously, I'm pro-obama, and happy he's our president. And what I like about him is his swagger, his coolness, his brilliancy and his characteristic liken to a Timex Watch: to take a licking and keeps on ticking, lol. I also see what you see, a level of honesty beyond typical politicians.

His policies are aimed at restoring America to greatness from a horrible state of affairs tied to the Bush Administration. His main concern is for the middle-class, the poor and not the rich. And last but not least, his wife, the first lady, Michelle, a sister, guides him.

Peace In,

5. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,530
    I admit not being as good at finding links etc as you are:

And for the sake of a balanced discussion, please do provide a link to this morning's BBC special report on obama's remaining supporters etc., in Chicago...

If you're able and willing to do that, thanks in advance, Clyde...

FYI...

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    :fyi:

... :fyi: Let me get this right, lol, you want me to help you pour salt on the President, correct chuck? Or do you want me to find some pro-obama stuff in Chicago? Be specific.

Peace In,

7. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,530
    It isn't pro or anti Obama:

It is a balanced report, i. e., based on interviews, with some of his past or present backers, also including a candid assessment of the ups and downs about what blacks living in Chicago have to cope and deal with...

Etc.

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,530
    Maybe you also need to reread my posts too...

I. e., it was and is my attempt to move above and beyond popularity contest 'politics', weigh the pros and cons of the fella's first term in office, give props when they've been earned, be as candid and honest about where he's fallen short of my expectations...

We tend to do that as a given if the guy is as white as the oval office:

A no brainer I'd do likewise, and the guy's of the same ethnic/racial/background...

Also, no time to be airing our differences in public, and long overdue we settle them, for the sake of our relations...

FYI...

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

... Sorry, but my search failed to find what you mentioned, a morning special on Chicago supporters of the President.

Peace In,

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,530