Anti-biotics and Melanin Binding

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by phynxofkemet, Jun 28, 2008.

1. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    My OB gave me a prescription for anti-biotics, and because of my pregnancy I thought it might be best to give them a try. I haven't had a pharmaceutical in my body for ??????? probably the last 10 years of more. Anyways, I took one, and a few hours later my brain felt like it was on fire.

I continued to research the drug which on the surface seems "fairly" safe although no tests or trials have been conducted on actual human beings, never mind pregnant womben. The drug has the ability to bind to melanin, particularly in melanin rich organs like the brain and liver.

My gut wants me to find another way around the drug, I need to heal a bacterial infection and because I'm carrying baby there's a bit of a challenge - my local naturopath didn't want to take this on.

I am concerned that if the drug felt like that to me, how did my baby react inside? Yikes!

I am finding the research about drugs and melanin to be quite interesting to say the least. Wish me success on this hunt!

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    WHAT WAS YOUR FINDING OR DID YOU EVER FIND MORE ON THIS ???