Black Sports : Anthony Mundine the "Black Superman"

Deepvoice

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 16, 2005
How come nobody has mentioned this guy on destee before? I think he has a big fight coming up real soon, as a matter of fact I think Roy Jones Jr has teamed up with him and elected to become a sparring partner of his. He is the son of legendary boxer Tony Mundine, both of whom happen to be Australian Aborigines.

They have compared Anthony Mundine to Muhammad Ali, because of his political views about war(especially the one in Iraq), his conversion to Islam, and claims some kind of brotherhood with with all "black" people around the world. Mundine started boxing at 25 years old and was one the highest paid Rugby players in the world before his switch to boxing.

He has dubbed himself the "Black Superman."

Deepvoice said:
How come nobody has mentioned this guy on destee before? I think he has a big fight coming up real soon, as a matter of fact I think Roy Jones Jr has teamed up with him and elected to become a sparring partner of his. He is the son of legendary boxer Tony Mundine, both of whom happen to be Australian Aborigines.

They have compared Anthony Mundine to Muhammad Ali, because of his political views about war(especially the one in Iraq), his conversion to Islam, and claims some kind of brotherhood with with all "black" people around the world. Mundine started boxing at 25 years old and was one the highest paid Rugby players in the world before his switch to boxing.

He has dubbed himself the "Black Superman."

I am quite familar with Anthony Mundine, I never mentioned him before because he is only an average boxer (he was once knocked out by Sven Ottke who only had about 5 knockouts in over 30 fights). I was aware of his heritage, but unaware of his political views (converting to Islam is nothing special to me, but claiming brotherhood with all black people worldwide is). I'll look into him more.

Deepvoice in case you're interested Anthony Mundine fights this weekend:

Former WBA super middleweight world champion Anthony Mundine (23-3) will step into the ring against Rashid "Snake Boy "Matumla (30-7-1) of Tanzania at the Institute of Sports Stadium, Canberra, ACT, Australia in a WBA Pan African super middleweight eliminator on Wednesday. Mundine, 30, is coming off a twleve round points loss to WBA 168 pound champion Mikkel Kessler at the Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney in June in what boxing experts rate his best ring performance. Negotiations are taking place for him to clash with former WBC super middleweight champion Danny Green early in 2006. Matumla who has had most of his fights as a jr middleweight is stepping up two divisions to fight the Australian. The 37-year-old Matumla was defeated by Mpush Makembi over twleve rounds in April.

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headlines//EEkVAEVykyLUuTXuDm.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back