Black Poetry : Anthology Part two (peeps read)

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by blakverb, Jul 19, 2001.

1. blakverb

blakverb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    Hey fam,

Several things:

1) I haven't checked my email that was listed as of yet. But, if you haven't left your email addy please do. I was checking everyone's profile and what I noticed was that it did not list email addys. Maybe there is an area that list this info but my brain is preventing me from ascertaining that in an expeditious manner. So if you could leave your email addy on the email listed or my [email protected] addy it would be appreciated. After I get that info then I can send an attachment to everyone outlining what I envision as the MASTERPIECE. However I'll double check to see if I can find the exact info needed (in this case email addys)

2) If you have any title ideas let me know. I've been working on a few which I will disclose by Monday July 24th

3) Theme. I was thinking that the anthology should encompass various topics/trains of thought. If anyone disagree let me know.

4) If you know of any poets in the house that have not said one way or the other if they want to take part...encourage them!!! They will not regret it.

5) I will try and post a poll in the proper area to see where people's minds are regarding the design of book. I have a few ideas which will outlined in my mass transmission email on the idea

6) What I want everyone to do is put there skills to work for this. Do I sound like I know it's going to happen? My faith is strong and I believe in the poets in this house...mos' def'...(and besides my marketing skills are second to none! belie dat!)

7) I'll end here...I just wanted a number 7... :D

8) Okay maybe I'm not done....I would like to see at least 40 poets involved. Why forty because it would be cool to have at least 25% of our fam members get down with this (actually 65 is closer to an accurate number...but I think forty is more realistic)
    If we get everyone cool! Then we could do a Volume one and two simultaneously. It would be nice to include as many as possible.

get at me

blak
    verb
    aka
    sean

2. N2urSoul

N2urSoul Well-Known Member MEMBER

Director, Community Employment Strategies
    Ratings:
    +1
    Blak

Let's do it!!

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
  4. wildflower7

wildflower7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

motherhood
    Ratings:
    +4
    yeah... 7's perfect!
    -7 :spinstar:

5. GQ

GQ Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States Air Force
    Ratings:
    +3
    Bring it on Blak!!!!!

Peace
    GQ

6. shaneak

shaneak Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Support engineer
    Ratings:
    +7
  7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hello Everyone,

I've created a private forum, The Anthology, which can only be viewed/posted to by those Members who have indicated an interest in this project.

Those Members are as follows:

BlakVerb
    Hunter
    DaStreetSo'ja
    N2urSoul
    Sherykah
    $$RICH$$
    Afridancr
    Bishop
    Shaneak
    DymePlay2G
    GQ
    CocoButterSkyn
    Kemetstry
    Nappygrl
    WildFlower7
    Destee

If I have listed you and you're not interested, please let me know. If I've overlooked someone please tell me that too.

Of course anyone who is interested may still participate. Simply add a post to this thread saying so and I'll add you as soon as I see it.

Hopefully this will aid BlakVerb in communicating with us, allowing him to post once rather than sending individual emails (not to mention that all of us get to communicate w/each other).

Destee