Black Spirituality Religion : Answering Dual's Question

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Brotha, I thought your question merited a response but did not want to hijack Destee's thread to do so.

You ask me why I quote from the bible. This is the same question I have asked others. I take an eclectic approach to all these different systems. They all claim to be the one and only true way to salvation. Rather than throwing out the chicken with the grease I salvage what I find useful and leave the rest alone. So if I quote from the bible or the Koran or the Metu Neter don't put me down on record as saying I think the whole book is the inerrant, infallable and inspired word of God.

Now we are told
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

To me this is the litmus test for anything that wants to be considered scripture.

Brother Omowale

Your post may be justified and I will address it no doubt.

......but personally speaking it's embarrasing for you to call me out like that out of nowhere, especially in the presense of sister River in her thread.

Would you please erase your post and start a thread on it separately?

I'm just reading through the forums this morning but later on in the evening I will be back to address your concerns.

Thanx in advance.

"Would you please erase your post and start a thread on it seperately?"

I erased the post at your request. However, I decline to start a separate thread.

My hands are washed.

Peace!

River

Brotha, I thought your question merited a response but did not want to hijack Destee's thread to do so.
I respect your decision sis.
Actually I was tempted to start a thread myself but didn't want to put you on the spot so I declined.

You ask me why I quote from the bible. This is the same question I have asked others. I take an eclectic approach to all these different systems. They all claim to be the one and only true way to salvation. Rather than throwing out the chicken with the grease I salvage what I find useful and leave the rest alone. So if I quote from the bible or the Koran or the Metu Neter don't put me down on record as saying I think the whole book is the inerrant, infallable and inspired word of God.

Now we are told
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

Actually I didn't ask why you quoted from the Bible.
I asked do you still BELIEVE in the Bible as being divine scripture or how much of it do you believe is divine?

I still quote and use the Bible myself for various purposes but I understand it's limitations, history, and accuracy.
The reason I asked you is because reading your posts although you are no longer a Christian I still notice what I consider to be deep emotional connections to the religion of Christianity.

It goes back to what I was saying about religion and gender....how so many women are attracted to Christianity versus how so many men are attracted to Islam.

But you've answered my question and honestly from what I've read you still use the bible for the same reason I do...lol.

Omowale

I erased the post at your request. However, I decline to start a separate thread.

My hands are washed.
Whoa.....

Actually I really looked forward to addressing your post becuase as one of the elders of this community I have respect for, I thought the dialog would have been quite beneficial...especially for me.

But if you take it back then there's no more to say.

Dual Karnayn said:
River

Gimme some love....R.Kelly said: If you don't miiind.
:love: :hearts1: :luvu: :bellydance: :hearts3: :hearts2: :luvv: :hearts4: :luv: :blowkiss: :peace: :heart: :heart:

Thank you sis.

You don't have to apologize but like I told sister SpicyBrown in another thread, most women instinctively know not to step into a debate between two men and most men know not to do the same.

It's not as if women don't have an opinion or should stay out of a debate all together. But any support she gives to one or criticizm of the other will CLEARLY boost the confidence of the man with the views she agrees with.

If Cedric and Kemestry got into a disagreement and a couple of the sistaz sided with Cedric...I GURANTEE you brother Kem will fall back and stop debating.
Even if he know's he's right.
Because the sway women hold over the community is too powerful for him to try and overcome.

One of the purposes of women is to support/motivate men so they are confident enough to fight for the community.
I wish that element weren't in it. But it is and when I see it I try to back off. Unfortunately sometimes I back off too late because I'm not coming in like oh this is a debate between two guys but like this is an open forum where everyone is expessing their views.

I have a very good relationship with my father and have never had problems talking to guys which means I sometimes forget they're guys. but I should not be so obtuse but recognize that gender does play a part even though we can't see each other.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back