Black People : answer me this

oldiesman said:
i enjoy this forum and all of the different viewpoint within,but let me ask you sisters and brothers something...DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY LIKE LIVING IN AMERICA? because i get the feeling that most of us would rather be someplace else,just asking.

NO. I do not like living here but decided to stay because all my family, that I know of, is still here. I would rather LIVE in Cape Verde or the Seychelles and may actually move if I live long enough to finish writing a few books which necessitate my being here to conduct some of the research.

omowalejabali said:
NO. I do not like living here but decided to stay because all my family, that I know of, is still here. I would rather LIVE in Cape Verde or the Seychelles and may actually move if I live long enough to finish writing a few books which necessitate my being here to conduct some of the research.

If I may add to this, one problem is that, as a real estate investor, this country has comparable real estate that can be purchased through forclosure, tax-lien or auction that is cheaper than much real estate overseas. Believe it or not. Check the internet for a home in Brazil or other coutries at similar market value to the home you may own and determine whether a move is cost effective. When I can find a home with comparable value and an opportunity to live at lower cost, within a stable economic and political situation, I'm out.

oldiesman said:
i enjoy this forum and all of the different viewpoint within,but let me ask you sisters and brothers something...DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY LIKE LIVING IN AMERICA? because i get the feeling that most of us would rather be someplace else,just asking.

I love my country and my home. But I dont see things getting any better. And next month, I will be seriously looking at properties in Canada :bullseye:
:ref: :welldone:

oldiesman said:

Brother Oldiesman ... i don't think it's about "not liking living in america" ... so much as it is ... "not liking living under white domination" ... and unfortunately, no matter where on the earth one lives ... in this current day and time ... that is the case.

While i can't speak for everyone, i personally don't like the fact that every where we look ... on the earth ... Black people are overwhelmingly at the bottom of all things ... except the worst things ... and in those cases, we're at the top.

We need to discuss this reality.

Unfortunately, many people view our discussions as a threat to the status quo, as if we are attacking america, or attacking white folk, and they quickly come in to defend them ... to tell us that we need to just be happy, ignore the big picture, lift ourselves up by our boot straps, etc. ... but that's not the case. We are not attacking anything or anyone. We're just wanting to better understand, discuss, and perhaps even come up with solutions ... to why our people's experience in this world, is such as it is.

It's amazing ... when Black Folk start talking about loving themselves and each other ... it's simultanteously described (by some) as hating, not liking, something or someone else.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I think most would prefer never mentioning a white person, or the devastation that they collectively put on us, collectively ... it's just kinda hard to avoid mentioning the water, when you're in the middle of the ocean. That's how i liken this. We are living in a sea of white domination, and our getting out of it, is going to require we mention the water every now and again.

It's nothing personal.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back