Black People : answer me this

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldiesman, Aug 12, 2006.

1. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    i enjoy this forum and all of the different viewpoint within,but let me ask you sisters and brothers something...DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY LIKE LIVING IN AMERICA? because i get the feeling that most of us would rather be someplace else,just asking.

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    NO. I do not like living here but decided to stay because all my family, that I know of, is still here. I would rather LIVE in Cape Verde or the Seychelles and may actually move if I live long enough to finish writing a few books which necessitate my being here to conduct some of the research.

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

If I may add to this, one problem is that, as a real estate investor, this country has comparable real estate that can be purchased through forclosure, tax-lien or auction that is cheaper than much real estate overseas. Believe it or not. Check the internet for a home in Brazil or other coutries at similar market value to the home you may own and determine whether a move is cost effective. When I can find a home with comparable value and an opportunity to live at lower cost, within a stable economic and political situation, I'm out.

4. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122

I love my country and my home. But I dont see things getting any better. And next month, I will be seriously looking at properties in Canada :bullseye:
    :ref: :welldone:

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Brother Oldiesman ... i don't think it's about "not liking living in america" ... so much as it is ... "not liking living under white domination" ... and unfortunately, no matter where on the earth one lives ... in this current day and time ... that is the case.

While i can't speak for everyone, i personally don't like the fact that every where we look ... on the earth ... Black people are overwhelmingly at the bottom of all things ... except the worst things ... and in those cases, we're at the top.

We need to discuss this reality.

Unfortunately, many people view our discussions as a threat to the status quo, as if we are attacking america, or attacking white folk, and they quickly come in to defend them ... to tell us that we need to just be happy, ignore the big picture, lift ourselves up by our boot straps, etc. ... but that's not the case. We are not attacking anything or anyone. We're just wanting to better understand, discuss, and perhaps even come up with solutions ... to why our people's experience in this world, is such as it is.

It's amazing ... when Black Folk start talking about loving themselves and each other ... it's simultanteously described (by some) as hating, not liking, something or someone else.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I think most would prefer never mentioning a white person, or the devastation that they collectively put on us, collectively ... it's just kinda hard to avoid mentioning the water, when you're in the middle of the ocean. That's how i liken this. We are living in a sea of white domination, and our getting out of it, is going to require we mention the water every now and again.

It's nothing personal.

:heart:

Destee

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    i like living here. that is why i am here.

7. Geo64

Geo64 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Now I am really confused here. Past Slavery allowed us to come here and we want to be here with the standard of living we have. We don’t want to live with whites in control but we still want the standard of living this allows us. We are at the bottom of things because we do things differently but don’t want to change or improve to what is called the white mans way that would allow us to have the standard of living ourselves. We are asking for something that we can see does not work and is impossible. We see how 2+2 = 4 but are trying to get 1+1 to = 4. We have tried all over the world and even where there are no whites and we have not been able to make it work with the way we do things. It’s like we are running around flapping our arms trying to fly. How long before we face reality.
    So are we waiting for the whites to find a way for us to have this without them being around?

8. charity2

charity2 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand what your saying but, some black people need to change their mindset, the only way to progress is to invest in the long term. People are too focused on presenting an image of false wealth, by investing in things that depreciate in value, they want immediate gratification, it makes no sense. The only thing that does is to make the white and wealthy owners smile and say come back again, because it keeps them rich and say you some info again into the newest and latest gadgets and make you use more credit, to stop you investing in things that make more sense and provide long term financial security and wealth.

9. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    The only reason why the white man is at the top and we are at the bottom is because the white man had guns and he was/is willing and eager to kill to get what he wants. Is that what you mean when you say we need to do what white people do because that is the only thing that has made a difference in deciding who gets what. But despite the white ma's attempts to make us act like the animal that he is we still hold on to our human dignity and values. Except for those few whom the media loves to focus on Black people for the most part are not heartless killers. We don't go out and annihilate people so that we can steal their land. We don't drop bombs on innocent civilians. We don't create and desciminate deadly diseases. We don't spray civilians and military alike with deadly chemicals like agent orange.

We had flourishing businesses in this country. The KKK came and burned them down. We try to have businesses now. The government subsidizes asian and arab businesses to undercut us.

These are just a few of the things the white man has down to claw his way to the top. It is a testiment to our humanness that we have never done the same no matter the cos. We know that the white man's position at the top is only temporary and short lived and ours will be too if we do the same things he does.

I know it seems like we are going too slow but like the man said sometimes the longest way around is the shortest way home. The white man thinks otherwise. He thinks it's the survival of the fittest. Every man for himself. All you have to do is see how many countries hate Bush and how many supported Nelson Mandela to know that such a worldview will not prevail in the longrun.

Do you have statistics and facts to show and prove that Blacks are on the bottom in places where there are no whites?

The civilizations of our ancestors lasted for thousands of years. Name one white civilization that lasted three thousand years. Amerikkka is only a little over two hundred years old and already it is in the same place morally and plitically that the Roman empire was when it fell. Black civilizations fall because of white inerference. White civilizations fall by their own internal volition.