Black People : Another View: The State of the Union

anAfrican

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
[THREAD PREFIX CHOICE TOO LIMITED: NOT RELEVANT TO THREAD]

looks like i might could swing a job if i wanted one: wa state appears to get the lion's share of them bucks for train improvements out here. .... but how many black folks commute on the train from vancouver, bc to eugene oregon? (wow! the whole state!! yippee! i can go about anywhere and get a job ... although, with the exception of "pullman porters" most of the jobs on the train are part of the "good ole boys network". ah well, it was a fair illusion, i suppose ...) ('course there's the "ageism" angle, as well as the "pre-existing condition" clause to most health insurance ... oh and our old friend "racism" ...) oh, but, silly me: i gotta get more in tune with the real push around here: gentrificated tourism!

but the real news is that i'm still in the best "growth industry" in this entire nation, if not the world: homeless support structures!!!!!

as long as there is an economic structure, where "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer", there is always gonna be somebody that done got poor enough that they can't afford the rich's efforts to increase their profits by raising rents, (anybody else "suffering" from a plethora of empty condos/business offices?) thereby falling victim to being ground through the cracks on down here to the streets. like i joke with state representative santos everytime i go to the state capital (gotta go again soon for homeless advocacy day feb12 - missed the trip down last week for public testimony on buying bonds to shore up the housing trust fund [but was there the week before for our renewed push for [more] funding for our chronically ~20K annual shortfall]) WE are the final "safety net" when it all drops in the pot.

(although i think there might be bucks in offering to the rich and bored "street people tours/reality shows": spend some bucks and experience a night of scrounging for someplace to sleep; dodging the transit police as one tries to catch some sleep on the longer bus routes; simulated assaults/muggings/bad dope deals; experience the pleasures of revolving door social services; living a week in an "over-night holding shelter"; the dumping ground that is some food banks - "better eat it all tonight cause tomorrow it'll begin to mold/rot"; experiencing the joys of having all the stuff you own in the world getting wiped out in a "sweep of illegal encampments" - and it's partner - going through the hassles of trying to get some of the stuff back from where they claim you can re-claim your stuff for the next 72 hours - but one doesn't want to do that because trying to prove that it is your stuff could land you in jail since part of the reason you are out there is that somebody decided that you shouldn't kill time sitting on that park bench and wrote you a ticket .. but since you don't have a street address, you never got notice that you were supposed to be in court so now you discover that you have had a bench warrant hanging over your head for the last month. as sick as some of the "thrill seekers" in this society are, somebody will be glad to pay the big bucks for "extreme thrills" like this. ... and watch all this pop up someplace as "guests" to the site read this and try to capitalize on it - i can't since i don't do capitalism ...)

[THREAD PREFIX CHOICE TOO LIMITED: NOT RELEVANT TO THREAD]

looks like i might could swing a job if i wanted one: wa state appears to get the lion's share of them bucks for train improvements out here. .... but how many black folks commute on the train from vancouver, bc to eugene oregon? (wow! the whole state!! yippee! i can go about anywhere and get a job ... although, with the exception of "pullman porters" most of the jobs on the train are part of the "good ole boys network". ah well, it was a fair illusion, i suppose ...) ('course there's the "ageism" angle, as well as the "pre-existing condition" clause to most health insurance ... oh and our old friend "racism" ...) oh, but, silly me: i gotta get more in tune with the real push around here: gentrificated tourism!

but the real news is that i'm still in the best "growth industry" in this entire nation, if not the world: homeless support structures!!!!!

as long as there is an economic structure, where "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer", there is always gonna be somebody that done got poor enough that they can't afford the rich's efforts to increase their profits by raising rents, (anybody else "suffering" from a plethora of empty condos/business offices?) thereby falling victim to being ground through the cracks on down here to the streets. like i joke with state representative santos everytime i go to the state capital (gotta go again soon for homeless advocacy day feb12 - missed the trip down last week for public testimony on buying bonds to shore up the housing trust fund [but was there the week before for our renewed push for [more] funding for our chronically ~20K annual shortfall]) WE are the final "safety net" when it all drops in the pot.

(although i think there might be bucks in offering to the rich and bored "street people tours/reality shows": spend some bucks and experience a night of scrounging for someplace to sleep; dodging the transit police as one tries to catch some sleep on the longer bus routes; simulated assaults/muggings/bad dope deals; experience the pleasures of revolving door social services; living a week in an "over-night holding shelter"; the dumping ground that is some food banks - "better eat it all tonight cause tomorrow it'll begin to mold/rot"; experiencing the joys of having all the stuff you own in the world getting wiped out in a "sweep of illegal encampments" - and it's partner - going through the hassles of trying to get some of the stuff back from where they claim you can re-claim your stuff for the next 72 hours - but one doesn't want to do that because trying to prove that it is your stuff could land you in jail since part of the reason you are out there is that somebody decided that you shouldn't kill time sitting on that park bench and wrote you a ticket .. but since you don't have a street address, you never got notice that you were supposed to be in court so now you discover that you have had a bench warrant hanging over your head for the last month. as sick as some of the "thrill seekers" in this society are, somebody will be glad to pay the big bucks for "extreme thrills" like this. ... and watch all this pop up someplace as "guests" to the site read this and try to capitalize on it - i can't since i don't do capitalism ...)

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This nation and society blames the homeless for their plait.

If the homeless were responsible, they would not be in this situation. They should just get a job, and live up to their responsibilities.

Never mind that this nation has exported over 60% of the manufacturing jobs over seas. A growing homeless population is not being addressed in the white house. But 100s of billions for crooked banks, Mega-corporations and the War Machine is priority number one.

This nation and society blames the homeless for their plait.

If the homeless were responsible, they would not be in this situation. They should just get a job, and live up to their responsibilities.

Never mind that this nation has exported over 60% of the manufacturing jobs over seas. A growing homeless population is not being addressed in the white house. But 100s of billions for crooked banks, Mega-corporations and the War Machine is priority number one.

Each ethnic/racial group either gives lip service to/actually does comes to the aid of their own...

Some black folk presume and assume they can merely blame it all on 'whitey/racism/the system' and nobody recognizes their hypocrisy and deceit too...

Time's have changed:

How some of our own just front--as opposed to what the truly represent--have too...

Welcome back to Black America: 2010...

My and our lives go on anyway...

:em0200:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back