Black People : Another View on The North

I've been trying to tell people for years how racist the North and Midwest is.

New York and Chicago are 2 of the most OPENLY racist cities I've ever been in and most of the neighborhoods are proudly segregated.

The South however....atleast prior to 5 years ago....was the most LIBERAL and integrated places in the country.

Everytime I went to Atlanta, New Orleans, Alabama and Mississippi I was suprised to see how much Black and whites worked, partied, and romanced together.

I remember the first time I went to Atlanta and at the airport at the food-court I saw 2 Chinese girls with FuBu hip-hop gear on and braided hair working behind the counter.
I was like :jawdrop:

I just wasn't used to seeing Orientals associating themselves with AfroAmerican style like that.

I'd come back to MIchigan and Blacks and whites barely had anything to do with eachother. Asians definately didn't associate with Black people.

Infact, MIchigan had one of the highest KKK memberships of any state in the Union.

Dual Karnayn said:
I've been trying to tell people for years how racist the North and Midwest is.

New York and Chicago are 2 of the most OPENLY racist cities I've ever been in and most of the neighborhoods are proudly segregated.

The South however....atleast prior to 5 years ago....was the most LIBERAL and integrated places in the country.

Everytime I went to Atlanta, New Orleans, Alabama and Mississippi I was suprised to see how much Black and whites worked, partied, and romanced together.

I remember the first time I went to Atlanta and at the airport at the food-court I saw 2 Chinese girls with FuBu hip-hop gear on and braided hair working behind the counter.
I was like :jawdrop:

I just wasn't used to seeing Orientals associating themselves with AfroAmerican style like that.

I'd come back to MIchigan and Blacks and whites barely had anything to do with eachother. Asians definately didn't associate with Black people.

Infact, MIchigan had one of the highest KKK memberships of any state in the Union.

"I just wasn't used to Seeing Orientals associating themselves with AfroAmerican style like that."

Brother Dual Karnayn,

Have you ever spent time partying in Los Angeles?

Notice something. Rarely do you hear Black men complaining about the women in Los Angeles. It's usually the sisters who complain because the Brothers tend to date all kinds.

I ask this question because one thing I trip off of when I visit my daughter in Atlanta is what you observed. In Los Angeles there are so many Koreans into hip-hop fashion one gets used to it easily. But I had no idea there were as many Koreans in Atlanta.

Back to Los Angeles...some of those "Oriental" actors in the commercials and films like "Fast and Furious" are actually Filipinos....and "Flips" are so into Black culture that in LA we just basically view them as Black folks...Filipino women LOVE Brothers..many date brothers exclusively....and in their case it has nothing to do with self-hate...many of them KNOW their "Moro" roots...

D*amn....how the hell did I miss this post?????

Omowale

Brother Dual Karnayn,

Have you ever spent time partying in Los Angeles?

Notice something. Rarely do you hear Black men complaining about the women in Los Angeles. It's usually the sisters who complain because the Brothers tend to date all kinds.
I used to frequent Los Angeles but now the few times that I do make it over to Southern California, I usually go to San Diego.

You're right.

Actually outside of Atlanta and Canada, the only other place I see Black and Asians dating is out on the West Coast.

Only thing about L.A. is the Blacks and Mexicans don't seem to get along well enough to date.

They are a "little" more warm to eachother in Arizona.

But in Texas Mexicans tend to date Black, especially around the major cities like Houston and Dallas.

I ask this question because one thing I trip off of when I visit my daughter in Atlanta is what you observed. In Los Angeles there are so many Koreans into hip-hop fashion one gets used to it easily. But I had no idea there were as many Koreans in Atlanta.
I went to Korea Town in Los Angeles and although most of them tend to put that blonde sh*t in there hair and lean more towards rock music, the younger men (teens) I saw lately do seem to be gravitating towards the hip-hop style.

I used to STRONGLY dislike Koreans based on my experiences with the few in Michigan who were very racist and separated from both Blacks and whites.
But when I went to Los Angeles and saw them in their own skin, then ate at a Korean resturant where the people were so nice...it changed my atttitude toward them.

They remind me of Japanese people with thier codes of honor.

Back to Los Angeles...some of those "Oriental" actors in the commercials and films like "Fast and Furious" are actually Filipinos....and "Flips" are so into Black culture that in LA we just basically view them as Black folks...Filipino women LOVE Brothers..many date brothers exclusively....and in their case it has nothing to do with self-hate...many of them KNOW their "Moro" roots...
Oh heeelllllllll yeah, if there are any such thing as "Black Orientals"...Filipinos are them.
Even in Michigan Filipinos tend to gravitate toward Black culture.

It must be the Spanish and Moorish roots.

A lot of Filipinos also have that "negrito" blood in them and are short and brown.

Another group who really seems to like to us are the THAI people!

Even in the Midwest Thai and Hmong people seem to love our culture and date among us, especially in places like Flint and Pontiac.

Even thier spicy food and spicy behavior is similar to ours.

Now if we have to have East Asians in the nation, I'd vote for more Thai and Filipinos and less Koreans and Japanese.

Dual Karnayn said:
D*amn....how the hell did I miss this post?????

Omowale

I used to frequent Los Angeles but now the few times that I do make it over to Southern California, I usually go to San Diego.

You're right.

Actually outside of Atlanta and Canada, the only other place I see Black and Asians dating is out on the West Coast.

Only thing about L.A. is the Blacks and Mexicans don't seem to get along well enough to date.

They are a "little" more warm to eachother in Arizona.

But in Texas Mexicans tend to date Black, especially around the major cities like Houston and Dallas.

I went to Korea Town in Los Angeles and although most of them tend to put that blonde sh*t in there hair and lean more towards rock music, the younger men (teens) I saw lately do seem to be gravitating towards the hip-hop style.

I used to STRONGLY dislike Koreans based on my experiences with the few in Michigan who were very racist and separated from both Blacks and whites.
But when I went to Los Angeles and saw them in their own skin, then ate at a Korean resturant where the people were so nice...it changed my atttitude toward them.

They remind me of Japanese people with thier codes of honor.

Oh heeelllllllll yeah, if there are any such thing as "Black Orientals"...Filipinos are them.
Even in Michigan Filipinos tend to gravitate toward Black culture.

It must be the Spanish and Moorish roots.

A lot of Filipinos also have that "negrito" blood in them and are short and brown.

Another group who really seems to like to us are the THAI people!

Even in the Midwest Thai and Hmong people seem to love our culture and date among us, especially in places like Flint and Pontiac.

Even thier spicy food and spicy behavior is similar to ours.

Now if we have to have East Asians in the nation, I'd vote for more Thai and Filipinos and less Koreans and Japanese.

Brother Dual, you sure didn't "happen" upon the WRONG website??? Your posts sound like, perhaps, you were looking for an Asian Sex Tourism thang, and, ****, you missed it, and wound up here(smile!)

Nothing personal, brother, but interracial dating does not indicate "liberalism" or "openess", or anything of exceptionally redeeming value... There has, without a doubt, always been "interracial dating" in this country - even, sometimes, when sisters didn't wanna "date" with a white cat, they just hadda "date" that white cat...and brothers bet not even whistle at no White Woman(smile!) Seems like your forgot that, brother???

As far as Asians wearing cornrows, and seemingly heavily involved in Black Culture, ask yourself how old are these Asians, and how old are these White folks??? You'll find - and I GUARANTEE you this - that they are almost exclusively of the HipHop generation... And as HipHop is the "happening" thang in the WORLD of our youth it is quite understandable... But, I am old enough to remember white folks wearing Afros and Dashikis in the late 1960's and early 1970's - Asians and Latinos, too! That was THEN something to consider quite unusual, as African people were not nearly the cultural power on the world stage as we are 35 years later... Now, we KNOW what time it is, I hope...(smile!)

BTW, there is a LARGE Asian community living in Harlem, and there is even a GOSPEL CHOIR started jointly by African Americans and Asians at a church in Harlem... I will find the name of the church so that next time you are in town you can check that out, if you like... Also, in Harlem and Brooklyn, an ASIAN woman owns at least 5 soul food restaurants... The name of all of her eateries is MANNA'S... I am sure brother Sek will vouch for what I am saying... Point is, brother, things aren't always what they appear to be... As a well-traveled young man, you should know this...(smile!)

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back