Black Entertainment : Another slave movie (Belle) (Black female British writer and film director)

is it me or did all these slavery flicks come out after barack was elected?
they tryin to keep us from gettin too ambitious?
see, that's what comes of "getting old": one starts to see clearly!!

Now they are going to run this into the ground. We have had so many brothers and sisters do so many great things. Why must this be the only aspect of our life explored?

Now they are going to run this into the ground. We have had so many brothers and sisters do so many great things. Why must this be the only aspect of our life explored?

Well, with caucasians, you can't expect someone living on the outside of the experience to know each road you've been down, to understand how complex your paths have been, nor to portray your life's story as if it were their own. I don't see too many black people trying to tell the world about the Irish experience, but they're always trying to tell us about ourselves.

And it would seem that once hollywood sets a trend for black people, everyone better be on board or you're just not going to get attention.

Well, with caucasians, you can't expect someone living on the outside of the experience to know each road you've been down, to understand how complex your paths have been, nor to portray your life's story as if it were their own. I don't see too many black people trying to tell the world about the Irish experience, but they're always trying to tell us about ourselves.

And it would seem that once hollywood sets a trend for black people, everyone better be on board or you're just not going to get attention.

I thought this was a black writer/director doing this?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back