Black Entertainment : Another slave movie (Belle) (Black female British writer and film director)

shaka64

Feb 15, 2007
africa
Occupation
Photographer
What are your thoughts on this movie?

Amma+Asante+Belle+Premiere+Arrivals+2013+Toronto+W3smDE1WK2kl.jpg

THIS is the director, Amma Asante!
and this is the star Gugu Mbatha-Raw

Gugu_mbatha-raw_01.jpg

MS234

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 1, 2010
This boggles the subconscious mind. At first I thought this was Slave Movie you know like Scary Movie, I was waiting to lol but watching that made me cringe.

Blackbird

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
tired and sic...
sic and tired...

one love
khasm

Yessir, when will the madness stop? More of the same ole same crap. Let's look at this:

1. Atypical looking Black woman (lighter skinned, less ethnic styled hair, features look like a mix between African and Asian)
2. Adopted by a "altruistic" British socialite
3. Comments about the repulsiveness of her looks, yet secretly wanting her.
4. Identification to the white elite and their dominance.
5. Instances, based on trailer, of interracial ....

No matter what the actual overriding theme may be or any redeeming elements this movie may have, the motifs described here are enough to consider this film in the long line of "mentacide" and anti-Black movies.

Asomfwaa

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 16, 2011
Looks like a Liberal movie. It's not Black Nationalist, yet whereas that's a flaw of itself, it's not surprising or unexpected.

Were I still a Liberal, I'd think it a touching film; but of course the ideology is unsuited for Africans and--of course ahistorical.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.
sekou kasimu wrote on ZIbijah's profile.
Have you read "The Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Origins of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression"?
$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days