Black People : Another problem in Africa,terrible dictators and crooked governments.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by I-khan, Feb 20, 2006.

1. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    http://www.ssn.flinders.edu.au/global/africa/marcroberts/body.htm

ABACHA, Sani (1944 - 1998)

Abacha seized power in Nigeria via a military coup in 1993. He immediately annulled the results of presidential elections which had been won by the opposition and began to consolidate his position by purging sections of the army that he did not trust. In 1995, Abacha had nine of his most vocal political opponents executed, an action which caused Nigeria to be suspended from the British Commonwealth. Despite continual promises to restore civilian rule, Abacha remained in office until his death in1998. Since his death it has been revealed that Abacha and his family had helped themselves to around US $3 Billion from Nigeria's treasury. An out of court settlement has paved the way for most of the money to be returned, but the family will be able to keep US $100 Million.

AFEWERKI, Issayas (1945 - )

Afewerki became president of Eritrea upon that country's achievement of independence from Ethiopia in 1991. In recent times his ruling party has split and Afewerki's faction has begun to brutally repress its opponents. In 2001, Afewerki shut down all of Eritrea's free media and arrested eleven former high ranking officials from his own government. According to one web site, Afewerki has cracked down on dissidents at Eritrea's only university by arresting the student union leader, who has since 'disappeared'. Over 2000 other students have had their compulsory national army service 'commuted' to service in 'community work camps', where conditions are terrible and deaths are not uncommon. According to Reporters Sans Frontiers, Eritrea is the only country in Africa without any private media.

and the list goes on:
    http://www.ssn.flinders.edu.au/global/africa/marcroberts/body.htm

2. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    IMO, Africa's leaders are currently its biggest problem. Many of the leaders are dictators, murderers, and thieves to the maximum extent. They pledge allegiance to their ethnic group, not to the country they are supposed to lead.

3. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    An overwhelming trend is that any leader that seems to reallly try and make a positive difference ends up dead,almost always overseas or in a "mysterious planecrash."

4. Riada

Ratings:
    +18
    If you spend enough time around Africans, you'll find out there are lots of "mysterious" deaths among them at all levels. Since post-mortems are not required by law or demanded in some African countries and they don't have the best investigating facilities, many times some of them feel that others of them are poisoning them or working "black" magic on them. Many of them "STRONGLY" believe this and laugh at me when I try to dispel this notion.

5. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    Why would you easily dispel it?

6. Riada

Ratings:
    +18

It causes so much distrust between people when they think that their neighbor is trying to poison them. As a matter of fact, as I was writing the above post yesterday, my Nigerian godsister called me and we started talking about Nigeria.

She told me that when she and her husband went home last year to bury her mother-in-law, she had to pretend to be a neighbor rather than a daughter-in-law because she was afraid that some of the people in the village would try to poison her. She couldn't even stand next to her husband at the funeral for that reason. The folks in that rural village know that he lives in America with his wife (her), so she was scared that some of the folks there would get very jealous and try to do something to bring him low. Jealousy is a BIG problem there. She said he had warned her over and over not to eat any food that anyone gave her. I was also warned of the same thing when I was there. I was also warned not to let certain people put their arms around me because there are these seeds they can put on you that cause blindness.

Now, I believe some of it, but not all. I do know there are lots of "mysterious" deaths. Two of my boyfriend's older brothers died mysteriously. One got an upset stomach one day and three days later he was dead. The other one was in a not-so-serious car accident with 2 other people and he was the only one who died. The other people walked away without a scratch. My boyfriend is convinced that it was "black" magic that killed them.

7. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    Jealousy,one thing that may continue to divide us.Perhaps the "black magic" notion they (and I,though not as detailed as the native or "tribal") have may be equivalent to the "luck" complex in other parts of the world or the "jinx" complex as well.

8. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    Westernization is a (Black) Mental Dis-Ease*

Hotep

Think for a minute...Ware on this earth do you find any African who is influenced by western ideas not acting out of their cotten pickin minds and is insane and out right crazy...including in America and Great Briton or Europe??? There is no such thing as any Black or person of color who is going to ack civilized with a western european "Mind-Set"! The "Real" Africans have "Always" lived in "Peace and Harmony". Those are the ones we "Don't" hear about. We always hear and read about the westernized "Negro-Minded-Africans" who don't know who they are no more than the Africans in America know who they are. If (You) don't know your history and others...how can you think you know what to think independently of the programers and indoctrinators who tought you what to think and when to think it. If you don't believe it...when they call you to a "Draft" into their military...you-will-go! You don't have to nerve to dis-obey your masters when they call you. Remember: Some of the so-called Africans in Africa are still suffering from the Colonialization of their lands and are confused in some cases and in others are "Fighting" againts the westernizing of their lands and the western media will all ways paint a terrible image of the Blacks who struggle for African Liberation. Why are Africans fighting in th streets of America...shooting, killing, rape-ing, robbing, lieing, cheating, stealing againts their own kind??? Is it for African Liberation or something else?? What is the difference?!??

Ase`

9. I-khan

Ratings:
    +47
    What you say is true,but the problem being those " out right crazy cotton pickers" are the ones that have much of the power,not the peacefull people you tell of .

Those who do think independently are overthrown,the most indoctrinated of us like to call themselves "educated" (by european standards)and cannot see any different from what they may be shown.

I will not,do some research on being a soverign citizen and let me know what you find since that is what I plan on becoming.

Of course the media may paint a terrible picture of those who fight for liberation,but keep in mind thay many of the so-called leaders are in it for themselves.They are the only ones who seem to gain any power while the ones who really care end up dead.

\
    THe difference is is that a person with power would be more likely to hurt or damage others in a matter whether it be economically,politically,etc, than a person who just does something out of spite or desire.Some of those leaders are hurting their own and it must be addressed.