Black Spirituality Religion : another part of Noah`s story .

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by High Priest, Jan 18, 2006.

1. High Priest

High Priest Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    And I and my sons began to cultive, the earth and I planted a Vine in the mount Lubar, in the fourth years, she made me a wine. And I start drinking on the first day of the fifth years ...... and I called my sons and all our women and their daughters and we met for a feast. We blessed the Lord in heaven, God the most high and the most saint , because we were saved from the destruction.(flood)

Then I entered in my tent to give thanks and praise.

Ham who was wondering why his father Noah was taking to long, enter in the tent to check. it was that moment he saw GOD with his nude/naked eyes talking to his father Noah.

his father Noah says this to him (Ham ): my son you have seen the truth in his nudity. you Ham are now in charge of guiding your brothers toward this Truth.

this is from the Qumran text (scroll). it make more sense to me.

"and, in Ham is known to be the prophet
    Glory to YAH the prophet as come through all this ages"...from brother Bob
    Bless you all
    bye now

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Interesting version.

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    How exactly does that make more sense?

Ham didn't see truth in any nudity, but saw Noe's nudity and made a mockery of it. Thus, a curse was placed upon his son Canaan, who brought another curse upon himself, but that'd be beside the point.

Ham being a righteous son and brother before the Most High could have indeed been a prophet, as were and are many of the Holy men and women before the Father, especially in the days of old, but that doesn't mean he guided his brothers per se, since Ham wasn't picked out like that.

If this is just to justify Ham in who he was, because blacks are said to be descended of him, and that he was cursed to have black skin for seeing Noe's nudity, there is no need for it.

Our skin color was never a curse, but is quite how it should be since all had darker complexions in the days of old; Noe, Shem, Ham, and Japheth, and their wives included.

I believe in the faith of the Father and the Son, one can come to an understanding of just how everything has gotten to be as it is, but we need to believe the truth of the Scriptures and all which is taught, His sacrifice for our sins, His miracles, His resurrection, His inclusion for salvation to even the gentiles, His redemption of all His people Israel, all the stories which are told which shows the faith from Adam to the Son, and the Father's living love. And we should not believe according to how people teach from traditions which seek to exclude any people for being who they are, such as the story of Ham being cursed with black skin.

Follow the truth, and the truth will be yours. Don't acknowledge the lies or ignorance, and it can't trip you up.

4. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    I thought lepracy was the disease they where talking about?

5. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    I'm glad to know you apparently understand that there is more than one version of the story! ;)

6. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    Do you believe in the literal or non-literal interpretation of the Bible? :argue: