Black People : Another of my Relatives no longer talks to me...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ionlyspeaktruth, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    Thank God! :great: This fool is from Jamaica. He said to me that he misses the days when they called themselves "BRITISH SUBJECTS! OK hold up... I am going to let you all fill in the blanks as to what I told him. But some higher power took this step to cleanse me of this fool. Then If you can believe this he called me a "Black Racist". All he needed was some Black face, a pair of bib overalls and singin "Mammy". Lawd, I (we) got work to do.:confused:

2. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    i hear that,but you know that there are those that you will not change no matter what evidence or conversation you give,so unless you feel that you can actually change this relative's way of seeing things then don't bring it up unless they do.

3. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

The sad part bruh is that HEbrought this up! LOL. I see this dude like once a year if I am lucky. He is not the type that I would let grace the entrance to my crib, but he layed it on how much he wanted to see me etc... Oldiesman, truth is I think that if we ever get our own we will have to get rid of 80% or more of our own people. And he would be one of the first.:10500:

4. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    peace

fam...

you know we got ya back and will be here to talk to ya........

one love.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother IOnlySpeakTruth ... you think this is of God ... you no longer speaking to your Family?

God gave you your Family.

If you have more knowledge than your Brother (Sister, Cousin, etc.), then it should manifest itself by bridging the gap.

How can i talk to you every day, who i've never met, yet rejoice in not talking to my own Family Member?

We won't all think the same, be at the same place, at the same time, in our understanding of things. Those of us who may be further along in the journey should manifest that, by doing whatever is necessary, to be patient with and bring those behind, along.

Sometimes that means just being quiet and letting them talk, allowing God to work on their Spirit and mind, like He did yours and mine.

It's a journey for us all, and we must all remember from whence we came, when we were just like the rest of our Family.

It's said that charity begins at home. If you have love, patience, understanding of your people, then it too, should begin at home.

It's good to have you back with us Brother.

I guess i am fuss'n a little ... sorry ... Love You! :love:

:heart:

Destee

6. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

I know that and same here sis. You see, I still have the remnants of my greatest fault... I sometimes cannot understand why some of our people dont think in terms of Afrikan unity and pan afrikanism in general. I have gotten way better. but it is so natural for me to think that way, that I sometimes still dont get it. LOL I am real easy going most times but if I think you are playin me stupid... All the corporate business owner stuff goes out the window. Then I am right back to the brooklyn days.:laugh: :laugh: Damm, I may need a spliff to calm me down!:em2700: :SuN018: Yeah Imma crazy fool.

7. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

You kinda cute when you fuss at me:em0100: . HE said that he does not want to talk to me any more because I am "one of those crazy black militants"
    but come on now, if you say that you basically want to be owned by a white man.. I just had to let him know that cetain talk to me is highly offensive. Good to be back. I have been on the go but things are settling down.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Okay ... i've planted my seed ... i'm done ... :wink:

Destee

9. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

Huh? No you aint done. Where's my:blowkiss:? Maybe I was too hard on him. I shoulda felt sorry for him more. When I get home I will give him a few books, masks etc.... Maybe he will learn where he comes from.

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    I don't know if feeling sorry is the thing to do.

Brother ... was there ever a time when someone had to be patient with your slow pace in understanding? Did you get the impression that they were feeling sorry for you, or that they loved you and wanted to help you understand?

I don't know, but i think there's a difference.

Yes, that would be sooo good! Give him a call or visit, and don't necessarily be trying to change him, but instead, just love him as the Family God gave to you. That is a blessing all by itself. Opportune times for giving books, persuading their thinking, etc., will come as God presents them. Use your knowledge and Spirit to know when those times are.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee