Black Relationships : Another interracial thread.

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Black-king, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    The house Negress host and the house Negro who is trying to sell his books by selling out the Black community. We are truly our own enemy. Only Negros are writing books telling their race to go date other people. I don't know if other races are doing that, at least they don't go on TV promoting it. It's a good thing that the Black couple on this clip tried their best to correct the message that the Aunt Jemima tv host and the uncle Tom author tried to put out there.

2. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    I chose this thread not because I like the video or even watched it for that matter - which I will do today at some point - but we have so many threads about this I just picked the closest one in order to avoid making a new one. Interracial relationship has been one of the most talked about subjects on destee.com yet the least resolved. Why? Are we still sweeping this issue under the carpet because we are tired of hearing about it? I would have to say yes - because I'm tired of hearing about it yet the issue still remains unresolved.

So I was in my FB account today and this women brought it back up and I was about to tell her enough - I don't want to read about it until I actually read her question and maybe its was her deliverance that got to me but I brought the question here because it turned on a light for me. I will be addressing different angles of this interracial phenom. There are going to be some stuff I say that might be uncomfortable but give it a chance and lets talk about it or do as the other threads and let it drift off as though it never existed.

Poster Question or Assessment:

"But the issue still lies in..... why do so many black men, specially the accomplished ones, choose white women as their companions? Do these women understand them better, do they share their culture? I understand that love has no color but how can it happen so often? It can't be just a coincidence...and we know that. Why do black men continue to be mentally enslaved?"

Do they share the same culture?? Such an interesting question yet a very revealing one at that. Now rich black men are not the only ones dating white women (
    Asians, Mexican, and all go to white women upon being rich) so then what is it about white women that all men of color gravitate to them upon becoming rich?

It is true - the rich have their own culture and quite frankly money is their god. Classism place a predominate roll in this lifestyle. I started questioning myself - would black women who want these rich dudes actually like the black man based on his new found personality? I think the movie 'think like a man, act like a woman' sheds a little light on that subject. The sista in the movie had money and she wanted a brotha that had money. She got with this cat who was broke in her eyes but he had a dream of opening his own restaurant. Anyways this brotha treated her like she was the everything but it wasn't enough - she wanted that rich brotha who had her money and much more.

When she got with the rich brotha she realized that this dude had absolutely nothing for her mentally - he was cold, and didn't care about her day - his only focus was on his accomplishment. She left the brotha who was trying to come up for a brotha that couldn't see her; period. Now she left and ran back to the brotha who would do anything in the world for her. This is not just a black thing but a white thing as well as million of white rich women are unhappy with their lives and marriage so the pool boys and delivery/cable guys are having field days with these rich white women whom husbands are engulfed in the world of finances. Nevertheless, white women in that world or come from that world understand that culture. This is not to say that black women don't grow up rich or anything close to that - its to say that in black rich houses black men and women usually become rich through hard work and together from nothing. They don't leave each other and have struggled together to get where they've made it to. There family values are usually different verses the ones that has been handed a golden cup because their root actually comes from a 'family is all we got' mentality.

Being rich is a whole different culture and we call it classism - - could it be that rich black men has become adapted to this culture - leaving their roots behind? In most occasions rich people become concerned with only money and their struggle or fight to stay rich and that becomes more important then true substance that relationships are supposed to have?

I remember growing up and yes my father told me to get a white women; literally. His reason for it was because he felt that more doors of opportunity would be opened for his boys but he never told my sister anything like that. There is some type of association to white people that many people believes opportunity comes with. A lot of young black men want to be rich and they believe that white women is that ticket to getting rich consciously and subconsciously. Somehow many black men associate black women with being poor and wanting to just fight and argue all of the time. Many black men who grew up with their mothers alone - heard how their mothers dogged the men that came and left them. This is not to say that the black men who came and left weren't fool - its to say to a child he doesn't know the workings of grown folks so he only knows what he see and hear as he makes his judgements and they become part of his reality. The black experience has been drugged with victimization and this goes back to slavery. Many of these brothas grew up in the hood or semi hood and they see the angry black women on the streets going off about black men and much more.

We cannot expect a black boy to feel loved when all he sees is anger coming from women he supposed to be loving. White people are so into the style of black dance, music, fashion and slag that they try to emulate the styles. Its no wonder why little white girls are after black boys when their white boys are trying so hard to be like the black one. Why get the fake when you can go after the real thing? White boys don't know it but they've pretty much made black boys the idea guy by their lack of personal identity and weakness. These white girls are showing love to these black boys because if their own men are trying to be like black men then its just that simple - black men are better in their eyes and white women go after the best. Its not that black boys are pro-white girls - white girls are what is coming at them relentlessly and were not talking about the so-called good white girls - were talking about the sleaziest things on the market. These white girls will do anything and lets face it - brothas like sex like any other man - so a lot of these brothas are getting it so easy that they really don't see a need to go back to black women.

Now while all of this is going on - white woman cover every beauty magazine, told that they are the second most beautiful women on the planet next to Asian women. Yet the media coverage has nothing but white women - I mean its all that black men see when watching TV or other media outlets. Now lets see how the black woman is portrayed.

They had a study which suggest black women to be the most unattractive women on the planet (B/S!!!). Black women are most likely to have HIV between the ages of 14-24. The pregnancy rate for black teens is out of hand according to white people statistics. Black women live in the most poverty stricken situations and don't know how to interact with other humans including their natural mates - basically without saying it but saying it - black women are savages. In other words - they have made black women look to be the worst humans living - such a heinous attack on black women. Yet many of our brothas are not conscious and they see the same disinformation that white people and other races are seeing. Difference is - every black man in America knows an angry black women or two and so they give into this media garbage because they can't think for themselves - plus with all of these women from different races coming at black men - it just that much easier for us black men to believe the hype.

People want to be happy - don't nobody want to choose a women who have all of the bad things going for them as describe by white people that black women have going on. Its like white men are telling us to tame our beast. Yes this sounds extremely harsh but lets not sugar coat the image anymore - no true resolution can come from sugar coating. They want us to see our women as beast, animals savages so that we can abandon them thus killing black people off in America e.g. a form of self genocide. As I write I'm getting more and more offended at the thought - and even looking back over what I'm writing but it is what it is. The image of black women must change and we have to assure that this change happens. In reality to have to remind our brothas why black women are our equal halves and complete us. We have to basically fight against the media (internet, news, movies, etc ...) to give black women back their beauty and loving natures that they have.They must be seen in this light once again - and we have to fight for this - and when I SAY WE I mean black men and women have to fight together because this is major and it will talk both sexes to save our sistas but in order to do this we have to stop fighting each other.

I got a little off subject there but it still has something to do with what I'm talking about. Most of these NBA and sports brothas come on the scene with sistas but then the sistas are no longer around after a year or less. Here's the difference - black women still hold true to relating, communicating and the key word love - but again that is contrary to the rich - because they are not concerned with small things such as true love, affection and communications unless its about business or their fame. They become in love with their riches, fame and glory, they forget about what is truly important and black women find themselves on the losing end of that stick. White women on the other hand being so cold and unattached fits in perfectly with this lifestyle - they can deal with not being loved but they cannot deal with being broke.

Here's the kicker - many black women want that rich black man and so forth but if they had him the chances are they probably wouldn't like him as a person because he's no longer rooted but has become cold as most white people who are rich. In America rich men is what women desire - if you are not rich or at least making a six figure income then you are not the desired one. I guess it can be a little upsetting to our sistas who feel that they deserve a rich brotha too - I mean on the outside as far as skin we are the same people but the truth of the matter is - that brotha has become a different person.

What this does is kick your average everyday black man to the curb. We have to remember we live in a society that doesn't reward black men for being black - actually its quite the opposite as you can see through police brutality, black unemployment and much more. Many of these black men want to provide for sistas and they go to college to get educated but when college is over they can't find a job because it goes to their white counterpart before them. They find themselves doing work that they didn't go to school for. They paid 50k for a college education but are getting minimum wage jobs for their efforts. Many of these brothas work hard but the thug who makes his money illegally gets the girl because again - its really about money - our society as black folks are now basing relationships on money and no longer love or true love. Many sistas want themselves a baller and this leaves the brothas who are working - not making great money to themselves and the scavengers (white women). Lets face it - a lot of these girls just want the sex - and will move on eventually to marry a white man for security after the grow out of this hip hop phase but in the mean time and between times - the scavengers is always lurking.

So what is the solution to these issues?

Honestly we need to get back to who we once where - were still the same but society has chanced and we are killing ourselves trying to fit in. Sistas - the rich black man may have given up his cultural connection for the culture of American style capitalism and if this is the case then he's no longer on the same level as our people - he's abandoned or suppressed his sol for the financial institute and you are mad at a man that is no longer culturally connected to you. He's accepted the mark of the beast and his love is for beastly things now.

Hip Hop - we have to bring that back in to ourselves or change up on them because this has basically killed relationship between our men and women. First it was integration which made all of this possible and this it was hip hop becoming commercialized that opened it up for white America and through their (especially the men) trying to be like us - it opened the flood gates for women of all racist to pursue us men. That study I gave about black women supposedly being the least attractive - well in that same study black men are supposed to be the most attractive men on this planet. If the white men are trying to be like black men then why should the white women or any women go for the second placers when they can just go for the first placers? Why go for someone that is trying to be like someone else - why not just go for that someone else?

Getting back to our roots - sistas things still having chanced - its the same - the one thing about brothas and the way to them is through their stomachs - that will never change. I'm not speaking on chauvinism because I'm against it but our sistas have become fast food girls and that's killing our people ... I personally will choose a woman who can burn in the kitchen over some fake sista any day and I really don't care how she looks physically (with the exception of healthiness - she would have to be healthy). In reality its a race out there - and it just so happens that black men have women from all over the world flocking to them - its reality - our sistas need to get back to the old ways and that will bring the brothas back home. Again - I'm not talking about slavery or the leave it to beavers - I'm talking about doing the things that we as black men love - and not what's convenient. I know I might get some sistas who feel that they don't have do anything special and the black man need to do this and do that - and that might be the truth - but as it stands reality is much more different - I said cooking - but there is so much more then that - we have to get back to our roots.

O AND SO THAT WE ARE CLEAR HERE!!! I'm not suggesting that black women are the guilty party - there are some ways that need to change such as the angry black women thing in front of little boys and girls - that must change and FAST!!! I suggesting that capitalism and the hip hop culture opened up the flood gates for other women to have access at black men - and this leaves black women behind. If you think your physical appearance is what going to do it - I'm talking about the video vixen types - then they got another thing coming - because that will eventually age and the brothas will get someone who has that and more in a younger women if that's all you got to offer - but if you don't have any substance to you then there is no reason why any brotha will keep a sista like that around. Lets keep it a 100 - substance substance and more substance -

3. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +666
    If she chooses to date interracially thats up to her. I don't see the need to make a book about it. Probably bitter from previous experiences.

Seems like the majority of Black people have already decided there is nothing worth salvaging in our culture/heritage let alone keeping it alive...

4. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    The host is one sexy chick. Other than that, this is the first time I agree with Black-king. Yuck.