Black People : another hair question

redlady

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 6, 2001
New Jersey
I wanted to post this question separately, but I thought about it when I was reading the replies as to whether or not little girls should have weaves put into their hair. If a woman marries a man and her hair has been permed the entire time she has known him, but now the woman wants to express herself differently and wants to go natural (ie: locks), but her husband does not like locks (on HER) and feels as though it is a total disrespect to him to change now, especially since he thinks she is fine the way that she is...Do you think it's disrespectful to go against a husbands wishes IF HE FEELS THAT WAY...and what about the woman's choice to want to express herself. Curious to hear your feedback...

well red first of all if she so choose then i'm down wit what
makes her happy even if i don't like it
and on the other hand we will sit back and talk about it like
why i didn't want to see the change and why she want to
change weight out the whole thang and we go from their
now i can't speak for all men but me i can see i love that woman
for her inner beauty now da shell of the out side she pose
so to see her happy i'm wit it just that simple wit no problems
now i do know of a friend who had a problem wit it as far as his wife goes coz it didn't become of her beauty so i feel that he
used her as a show piece and not the woman he so loved
i don't see the big fuss over dis .........she has her rights as a
woman as well as he do if he choose to change his looks
dat's da way i see it ................................................................$R

he must ova look da facts of his personal feelings and see
how she must feel at the same time she must understand
his emotional feelings that he don't care for it ...................
i'm sure something can be worked out if not then each
must do what's need to be done even if it means a split up
but true love is skin deep and surely one will break for the
other mate in this case of i like and i don't
if they don't break and continue the love will be a false love
and headed into a self destructional mask...now we ask self
is this a myth of what should be or reality of what is....
da answer yet known !
only those two can answer dat .....
his opinion do count big time as a household leader
she should respect his wishies
and on the other hand he should understand what makes her
feel complete as a woman
so we still sit here at a standstill
all i can say if it was me i would have my say but if this what's
make her complete and happy then so be it ...coz love ova take
all if it's true love & respect for one's mate
trust me one would break before it get out of hand if not
then they both need a bit of help to refind self

red

chile lookit here.... I had a perm for as long as I can remember. I used to color the hair, cut the hair, wore braids, you name it I did it. My hubby neva said he liked my hair one way or the other. So I went natural.... you heard me sista girl went natural. I've been a nappy head for a year now and have been kicking the afro, twists, coils and what have you. I too have decided to loc my hair and throw away the key. At first hubby was like you ain't going natural so you need to quit. After he saw how determined I was to stick to it he started encouraging me.

Oh he had the Tito jokes as well as the Florida Evans jokes, but he likes my hair. I mean for him to say you are disresprcting him is way off base. I mean what if he decided he wanted to grow a high top or something and you were opposed. He would do it any way. I say all that to say, girl it's your hair, you have to deal with it and he should be understaniding enough to let you experiment with your wig. Hell you may not like being natural and decided to go back to perming your hair. I do recommend you trying the twist or coils before you loc. Just my opinion because if you get the locs and feel that they aren't you then you know you gotta cut em chile and start from scracth as witht he twist/coils you can always wash em out.

One

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back