another cat died last week....

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
another cat that i used to hang with he died last week. stroke.
we was talking on the # 23 bus not too long ago.

every year one or two more die. i get more and more alone.

i try to hang with the younger crew most of whom don't know what i'm talking about most of the time.

oh well.

man

i get more and more alone.

i try to hang with the younger crew most of whom don't know what i'm talking about most of the time.

oh well.

keep hanging JFP, as long as we are here, you will never be lonely
and you have my phone number if you get lonely give me a call
if i can't take the call right then you will get a call back

the younger crew might not catch on right away but we/they will

eventually

I know what you mean too brother mostly every body i came up with are nearly gone
one way or another if they not in jail they way way out there like walking zombees
or have move on from this life time .....younger guys don't know what brothers of age
talking bout ! Guess we gotta teach them and bring them up to our speed so we can
hold a convo at times .....But i feel you where are all the folkz my age at ?????

It's Lonely at the Top

But there is an alternative if life isn't short enough for you.

You are blessed to live when others die and no one is blessed for no reason. Like Rich said it is time to teach. When an old man dies it's like a library burnt down.

Now botha James what are you going to do, waste your blessing feeling sorry for yourself or fulfill your purpose by giving what you have (knowledge) to those who need it most (the younger crew)?

BTW I posted about the song before I saw this thread so there is no conscious connection:D

another cat that i used to hang with he died last week. stroke.
we was talking on the # 23 bus not too long ago.

every year one or two more die. i get more and more alone.

oh well.
i know where you're coming from james,i too am experiencing deaths to good friends and there aren't too many left,we just have to stay strong and remember the good times and i'm sure there were plenty.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back