Black People : another brother killed in philly

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jun 1, 2006.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    shot dead in a robbery down the street from where i live. he was out there trying to make money for college.
    we have lost several student/brothers that were trying to make it through school this year.
    it might explain why there are more females graduating.
    they keep killing the males.

one of the reasons that i am available on the computer so often is that i no longer go out at night.
    i run my errands during the afternoon and then lock it down.
    it's sad.

2. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    NOT GOOD.......

Now Brother James, while it is sad to lose another Brother to a senseless killing, I'll have to sympathize with the folks whom he attempted to rob. The Brother that was shot to death committed a crime, and may have had a weapon on him as well, thus harming a totally innocent family.

The fact that he was robbing homes to make it through college doesn't sit well with me. There is financial aid which any student can qualify for based on income. There are also student loans where the only requirement is you be enrolled in school at least half-time with a 2.0 GPA. Was he known to have a drug problem? Another unnecessarily slain Brother:(

3. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I don't think he robbed the store,he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Perhaps he worked there.
    I think that's what brother james was saying.
    It is truly sad his life ended before his dreams began.
    Rest in peace young brother!

4. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Sorry Brother James, I didn't know whether it was a store or a home. I figured a home because you said "right down the street".

5. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    This is true in a sense. The males are always a bigger threat than the women.

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    no, no, no the one who was shot was working at a parking lot and they attempted to rob HIM. he refused to give up the money and they killed him.
    these students who have been killed in philly were young cats trying to do the right thing.
    shot dead on the streets.

7. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118

My apologies to the family and loves ones of this victim. Brother James, your original post really confused me. I see now. Seems like some conspiracy.....all of the young men were college students?! I 've thought up some wild conspiracy theories....I would not be surprised:crying:

May he and the other Brothers rest in Peace:angel1:

8. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62

Who were the shot dead by, and Why were they shot dead by these people???

Actually, brother James, this is nothing new... It has long been an epidemic in our communities, and were it happening in White America, they'd have gotten to the bottom of it, and attempted to do something about it... African Americans sit around and report these incidents; we complain about these incidents, and then we do nothing about these incidents...

What's interesting is that these incidents are related to how our children are reared, and the PSYCHO-SPIRITUAL nurturing we FAIL miserably to give them, while extolling ourselves as such a LOVING community... How you got so much love and your babies run around MURDERING one another over a piece of CHICKEN??? Who's freakin' crazier than that???

As long as brothers don't stay in our homes to rear the male children, they will continue to feel hurt, rejected, and angry, and that hurt, anger, and rejection will manifest itself in the shedding of Black Male Blood - as well as the blood of Black Women and Black Children... In fact, if you look at the recent mass fratricide in the Quaker country of Pennsylvania, it would appear new doors of mayhem upon Black Families are about to be blown ajar... We better wake up, and stop making all of these excuses for one another... I know some of us a squeamish about facing ourselves, but if we want to survive as a people, then we will be corageous enough to do it, or die a slow excruciating death as a people - a people who because they feared to challenge their own fears, destroyed themselves...

Peace!
    Isaiah

9. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    it really does seem as though you despise black people.

10. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother James, think whatever you want...

Peace!
    Isaiah