Black People : Another Black Man Killed By Police

Joyce

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 23, 2001
Florida
Occupation
people
I am curious to know what you think about the high incidence of black men being beaten or killed by police. Do you think that black men would not get beaten or killed by police as often they do if they'd only stop "resisting" arrest?

The reason why I ask this is because in my area, a few days ago, Demetrius Tillman Nelson, age 44, a black man, made the mistake of pulling over into a parking lot shopping area. His car had ran hot and he was arguing with his girlfriend. Police came over while he was under the hood. They said he became incoherent and aggressive and thus, they had to shoot him with a taser gun. They shot him with it repeatedly until he collasped and died 15 minutes later. The 2 deputies have not been suspended and are working their normal shift. At the time of this incident, they were both working "off duty" as security guards for Destin Commons. Demetrius was on his way from Panama City to Pensacola when his car overheated, forcing him to pull over into the Destin Commons parking lot.

They said because he became incoherent and aggressive, it was necessary to subdue him with taser shots.

What do you think? Do you think that black men just have a bad habit of putting their self in a bad position with police or are some police just plain trigger or baton happy and looking for an excuse to "vent" on a black person?

Read about Demetrius Here

So, whenever a Black man leaves his house he should be dressed in combat gear including assault weapons? Where ever a Black lives can easily become a combat zone when there's a cop involved.

Seems that Black men should get special consideration to autmomatically be approved to carry a gun since he is more susceptible to becoming a victim on the streets than any other man. Just look at the criminal statistics. A cop approaches a Black man and immediately puts his/her hand on the holster of his/her gun. What are Black men to do when shown such obvious signs of aggression? Huh?

Where was the so-called girlfriend when her boyfriend was being tasered to death? You mean every Black person needs to have a video cam hooked up to their car and turned on at all times to capture the abuse that's bound to happen whenever you're pulled over?

I'm curious as to how these two off-duty cops define incoherent and aggressive behavior? Hmmmm...we know how they define it in our children while in school--they quickly label them as "problemmatic" and want them to take drugs to "chill" them out. Black children are easily tagged as being ADD or ADHD.

Now, here is a man who is probably already upset that he's having car trouble and winds up having an argument with his lady friend which doesn't leave you in a very good mood right there. Then along comes the calvary which is known to single Black men out and treat them abusively and you have an 'accident' just waiting to happen.

What do I think about the high incidence of Black men being beaten or killed by the police? Sister Joyce--come on...do you really need to ask that question sis? Do we EVER hear of a time when a Black man's encounter with the police has not been brutal? *smh*

It's a wonder that life insurance companies don't consider Black men a high risk when it comes to insuring their lives because the rate of incidences is so high in comparison to men of other races. But of course they can't deny our men on that basis because that would be obvious discrimination on the basis of race.

Queenie :spinstar:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back