Black Entertainment : Another All-White Oscars? This Is ...

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Video

Oscar Host Chris Rock Delivers Searing, Hilarious Opening Monologue

upload_2016-2-28_21-38-8.jpeg

Move over Ricky Gervais: Chris Rock is the most feared awards show host in Hollywood right now. Even before the outspoken actor/director/comic stepped on the Dolby Theatre’s massive stage to emcee the 88th Academy Awards on Sunday night, he had all of the film industry — including the normally unflappable Harvey Weinstein — quaking in its boots. Specifically, attendees fretted about — and looked forward to — how Rock planned to address the raging#OscarsSoWhite controversy that’s swirled around this year’s ceremony since the nominations were announced in January, and immediately engendered controversy for their lack of diversity ...

http://news.yahoo.com/oscar-host-chris-rock-delivers-1375251274252342.html

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Chris Rock slammed for 'real things to protest' Oscars joke

... In case you didn’t spot the offending phrase, it was Rock saying ” we had real things to protest” decades ago – which some took as the host suggesting there are not legitimate issues to protest now ...

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/chris-rock-slammed-real-things-024319830.html

Chris Rock slammed for 'real things to protest' Oscars joke

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Consciousness Raising Online!

Destee Conference 1-866-4-DESTEE

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: