Black Spirituality Religion : Ankh: The Original Cross

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Pharaoh Jahil, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    The Ankh is defined as: The symbolic representation of both Physical and Eternal life. It is known as the original cross, which is a powerful symbol that was first created by Africans in Ancient Egypt.

The Ankh is commonly known to mean life in the language of Ancient Kemet (land of the Blacks) renamed Egypt by the Greeks. It is also a symbol for the power to give and sustain life, the Ankh is typically associated with material things such as water(which was believed by Egyptians to regenerate life), air, sun, as well as with the Gods, who are frequently pictured carrying an Ankh. The Egyptian king is often associated with the Ankh also, either in possession of an Ankh (providing life to his people) or being given an Ankh (or stream of Ankhs) by the Gods. This can be seen in the picture of King Senworsert below who is holding two Ankhs to his chest. There are numerous examples that have been found that were made from metal, clay and wood. It is usually worn as an amulet to extent the life of living and placed on the mummy to energize the resurrected spirit. The Gods and the Kings are often shown carrying the Ankh to distinguish them from mere mortals. The Ankh symbolized eternal life and bestowed immortality on anyone who possessed it. It is believed that life energy emanating from the Ankh can be absorbed by anyone within a certain proximity. An Ankh serves as an antenna or conduit for the divine power of life that permeates the universe. The amulet is a powerful talisman that provides the wearer with protection from the evil forces of decay and degeneration.

The loop of the Ankh is held by the Gods. It is associated with Isis and Osiris in the Early Dynastic Period. The Loop of the Anhk also represent the feminine discipline or the (Womb), while the elongated section represent the masculine discipline or the (Penis). These two sacred units then come together and form life. Because of its powerful appeal, the Ankh was used in various religious and cultural rituals involving royalty. In the Treasures of Tutankhumun, the Ankh was a major artifact found in the tomb. The circle symbolizes eternal life and the cross below it represents the material plane. The Ankh is called the "Crux Ansata," it is of Egyptian origin and can be traced to the Early Dynastic Period, appearing frequently in artwork of various material and in relief, depicting the Gods.

It is usually held to the nose of the deceased king by the Gods to represent the breath of life given in the after-world. The Ankh also resembles a key and is considered the key to eternal life after death. Its influence was felt in every dynastic period and survives as an icon possessing mystical power throughout the Coptic Christian era. The Ankh possessed by each God had power associated with that God. The Ankh of the God Anubis (shown in the picture to the right) is related to the protection of the dead, that of Sekmet, War, Hapi related to the living waters of the Nile and Amen, the spirit God, the breath of life.

http://www.swagga.com/ankh.htm

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace god,

I was just reading this book yesterday & shared it with one of my brothers who just looked at the cover & said "I just learned something, as I did not know the ANKH was associated with Electromagnetism"...........

- I've read this book a couple of times (& I didn't even know why I picked it up yesterday out of all the books on my shelf that I could have grabbed until now) & always find that there is more to find in this book!!!!!!

peace my brotha!

3. Pharaoh Jahil

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    - Info-Moetry

Peace,

You know that's interesting because whenever I wear my Ankh (which was given to me by a Master) , I actually feel a certain energy vibration but I've been told that certain people only experience this when they start getting intune with the HIGHER SELF.

Peace

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace,

True indeed god.........

In the bible the power of the ankh is demonstrated several times.........

In Genesis 2:7 - "then the lord God formed man of dust from the ground and BREATHED INTO HIS NOSTRILS THE BREADTH OF LIFE and man became a living being"

- this is EXACTLY what our ancestors did in the egyptian mummification ceremonies., They would rap the body (mummify it) to preserve the skin for the other word. THen once that is done, they would take the Ankh (The original cross of Christianity) & wave it UNDER THE NOSE TO GIVE LIFE. It is even said that the Ankh BREADTH LIFE into the body thru it's electromagnetic properties. This is why all pharoahs were buried with their Ankh. THey never went anywhere without it!!!!!!!!!

peace to you god............

5. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE:

If I may, I would like to Add-on with more info About the ANKH:

[​IMG]

One of the most crucial symbols in KEMETIC theology is the “ANKH”

This symbol represent LIFE on various levels.

The symbol itself is a fertility symbol on the lowest level, but even that understanding is very profound.

It breaks up into 3 aspects:

**The long vertical stem part of the ANKH represents the MAN (PHALLUS), or male/masculine energy of the universe.

**The cross, horizontal part represents the WOMAN (fallopian tubes), or the female/feminine energy of the universe.

**The loop at the top represents the CHILD (incubating in the womb), or the neutral or undeveloped, primordial aspect of the universe.

Thus we see INIFINITY, or every lasting life represented through the ANKH.

The word ANKH also has great significance, deriving from the KEMAU alphabet……ANKH or “AUNG” ("AH-UWNG") is the first letter of the alphabet, which is where the letter “A” originates. If you look closely at the ANKH symbol itself and the letter “A”, one can notice the similarities.

HOTEP

6. Pharaoh Jahil

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25

Thus you have...

Man, Woman and Child (Sun, Moon and Star) = THE TRINITY!

Right on with this Samurai and welcome to Destee.

Peace......

7. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE, and THANX. :book:

8. AUM

AUM Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    This would have been extremely useful if those mummified bodies AND Living Kamites were highly MELANATED....Meditate on that one.
    :bingo:

9. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,774
    Hi Jahil

Dr. Alex Darkwah "The Africans Who Wrote The Bible" has a different comparison:

NKWA [ANKH]
    http://www.enterprisemission.com/images/ankh.jpg

This Ancient Egyptian cross is the earliest and most ancient sacred symbols of religion. Egyptologists that believe they have successfully deciphered Ancient Egyptian Medu Netjer/NeterNeder {i.e. Greek word is hieroglyphics) say it is called Ankh, meaning LIFE. The meaning is correct, however, that is not what the Ancient Egyptians called it. The original Ancient Egyptian word that Egyptologists tried to decipher was NKWA. The language from which this word originiated is Akan and it actually means LIFE. This symbol was the Ancient Egyptian sacred religious symbol that reinforced the cross of which Jesus was crucified, as a sacred Christian symbol. How did this happen? The early Christian Church of Ancient Egypt adopted the NKWA symbol as the symbol of their Church and called it the Crux Ansata. From here, it was taken to Rome, and there it became a Christian symbol with only a slight variation in design. The symbol of NKWA below was excavated from the tomb of the Akan king Tutu Ankoma, the boy king of Ancient Egypt whose name Europeans have corrupted to Tutankhamun. He ruled from 1336-1327 B.C.

"The Africans Who Wrote The Bible" by Dr. Nana Banchie (Alex) Darkwah

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ankh in the bible

2. ankh and christianity

3. Ankh vs Cross

4. ankh religion,
  5. african ankh meaning,
  6. bible ankh,
  7. african unk,
  8. african unk symbol,
  9. ankh meaning in christianity,
  10. Wearing an Ankh,