Black People : ANGRY PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KWABENA, Aug 11, 2005.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Jambo:

In your humble opinion, Why do you suppose that there are so many angry people in our society?

So many people who do not want to do anything, don't want to give?
    Just want to be frustrated for their life?
    Don't want to say hello when they pass by people?
    Don't want to get involved in the community?

What do you believes makes this effective?

CD

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I think a lot of people having a feeling of hopelessness. They see the problems but they don't know what to do about it, or they don't think there's anything that will imrove on the situation. I also think our people have a deep rooted hate for their own people, since may of us strive to be part of white society rather than our own.

3. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Behind every angry man is a fearful man, anger is a defense mechanism that everybody has when they feel that their are under some type of attack, and I can speak on that from experience. The anger and fear itself is just a product of this ignorant environment that I come from, the mind games that are being played on an everyday basis by everyone, even those who don't possess any type of real intellect on their own can participate in them games, and man its just all messed up in the 'hood. When I leave I ain't never coming back or looking back, lol.

When you strip a man down to his bear essentials, leave him without the ability to reason, you no longer have a man but a child, or even worse an animal.

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    That's right......too many animals in our society.

CD

5. Riada

Riada Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    Why do people who can afford it stay in that environment?

But when some Black folks do leave the 'hood and move into the 'burbs, they get criticized for 'selling out' or 'forgetting where they came from' 'cause some folks believe we should stay in the hood and straighten it out. These critics don't want you to move out of the hood and still 'give back.' They argue that you should stay in the hood and 'give back' and be a role model there for everybody there to see. I dunno.

6. Riada

Ratings:
    +18
    Also Deepvoice, you mentioned in another thread that in the hood,

"the sons have an extreme hatred for women, and the daughters despise men themselves."

Could you explain to me why the sons hate women. I responded to that post of yours in the 'child support' thread, saying that if I, a female, grew up in a place where the males hated me, I'd probably depise them too.

But why do they hate the women? What have women done to them?

I mean I need to know why a large portion of AA men (those in the hood)hate me? or look at women in a negative way. I've picked up on this to some extent and I've asked my teenage and twenty-something nephews about it. They don't understand it either.

7. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I believe anger or fear is good if used correctly. i am an angry person have been since childhood, but i control my anger i dont kill or steal , i use it to motivate. Some are angry because of adverse situations or being screwed over by evil people in their life. therefore they have a right to feel anger.

Another question is why do "happy people" disrespect those with problems and try to make them out to be abnormal when they dont know what that person has gone through.

also just the way this society is set up breeds anger, anerikkka was founded on violence, violence is deep in this society.

one

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Riada:

It's funny that you mention Men hating women, because I live to see the opposite. In my 'hood,' I do not wear my boxers hanging out, swear like I have lost my mind, lover to fight others, smoke weed, and ride around in expensive cars, so the ladies want nothing to do with me. Thanks to the Media and such, we all approach each other in the worse way. I know that nowadays, I will say hello to a young man, middle-age man, or old man, and they would say hello back to me. As for the sistahs - I get either: Do I know you? a mean look, or nothing at all......or they will just say something under their breath. Here I am dressed casual, with a black bag around me, and they look at me as if I were a stranger, and they don't say nothing to me. That is what I witness in the community. What do you witness?

CD

9. wildchild510

wildchild510 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I kinda agree with deep voice. It is a sort of defense mechanism but even then this capitalistic society breeds a dog-eat-dog mentality. I gotta get mine, you gotta get yours. expecially amoungst Black people. Plus coming from the Hood from what I see , Black people dont know how to love. they dont even know what love is. they dont have fathers, some dont have mothers. This country creates a hate culture. even amoungst white social groups.

10. Riada

Ratings:
    +18
    I'm truly sorry that you get snubbed by sistas because you seem to be a nice guy.
    I've been very outspoken in several threads about not speaking to men who might speak to me. But here's a recent experience of mine.

We were in the City early one morning. I was standing in a residential neighborhood waiting for my boyfriend to park the car around the corner. I noticed a movement from across the street and looked and saw a brotha there. He asked me how I was doin. I said "Fine." Now, as far as I'm concerned, that should have been the end of it, but he continued talking to me, asking me questions. I ignored him and kept looking toward the corner, hoping the guy would catch the hint. He didn't and started crossing the street to where I stood. I took off walking as fast as I could toward the next corner. Just as I reached the corner, my boyfriend started yelling my name and I looked back and saw the guy just standing there pretending he didn't know I existed.

Now, what did I do wrong? But this experience makes it less likely that I will speak the next time.