Gabon : Anger Rises in Gabon After Rash of Ritual Killings

Alarm Clock

May 6, 2013
Reuters) - A rising number of mutilated bodies washing up on Gabon's beaches this year has sown fear in the normally sleepy capital Libreville of a resurgence in ritual killings.
The body parts of humans and animals are prized by some in central Africa for their supposed supernatural powers, including among some politicians bent on gaining influence.
"We have seen 20 killings since the start of the year," said Jean-Elvis Ebang Ondo, the president of Gabon's Association for the Prevention of Ritual Crimes, in Libreville.
He said most of the victims were young girls whose lips, tongues, genitals and other organs had been removed.
The killings have stirred rising anger against President Ali Bongo's government for doing too little to halt the murders.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/26/us-gabon-killings-idUSBRE92P0SF20130326

Alarm Clock

May 6, 2013
Why is it always females being sacrificed? :10500:
All I know is this crap gotta stop, and stop now! we dont call Africa the Fatherland we call it the Motherland and there is no excuse for abuse of the Black woman any where on the planet!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: