Black Entertainment : Angelina Jolie To Play Cleopatra In Upcoming Flick

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by HyperKill, Jul 14, 2010.

1. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
  2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    I salute Holly-wood for being consistent, and if you get a chance check out what the term "Holly" wood actually means, as explained by Jordan Maxwell.

They have a purpose since "Birth of a Nation" and they are pursuing it, what else can they do?

they can't make movies anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When is the last time you took your lady to a movie you actually enjoyed?

Cartoons are now top movies,
    and back in the days a cartoon was something they played in between movies,

so even they plan all of it as 3 card monte
    and they intend to play the consumers as suckers,

while actors even great actors play in stuff folks would not have watched on TV back in the days,
    just to get a tax write off.

They hype a flik, make their break even bucks the first week or 3 days and pay the critics to say whatever whatever,
    and don't give a hoot or holler what the consumers and patrons thinks

remember how they cast the homosexual from "Crying Game" as Akhenaton

and demonized Imhotep in that dumb "Mummy" flik?

3. e-forty

e-forty Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    hmmm...i always thought cleopatra was white.she was mecedonian greek wasn't she?

4. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Here a comment after the article of which is pretty much what I believe:

21, 2010 - 7:01pm Billy Lawson Says:
    Cleopatra was a TEENAGER when she died. Read the play by Petrarch. She was very, very young. And though she may have HAD Greek heritage, she was very much consider African by the Romans. In the play by Petrarch and the remake by Shakespeare, they both refer to her as AFRICA, meaning she is the physical symbol of the inhabitants. They also refer to her having a tawny (brown) front. She is also called a gypsy. It is widely known that gypsies are brown in appearance. Cleopatra may not have been dark skinned, but from CLEOPATRA the TEXT, it is clear that she was not white like Angelina Jolie. She would have had to have a browner look because both plays distinctly testify to the difference in color of Cleopatra and the Romans. And in all of my days, I have NEVER heard of a woman of European Decent being named CLEOPATRA. Although, I have met many black women with the name.

Based upon her ancestry, and the line of men that dominated for a long time, she would have been considered to have African ancestry and mixed with Oriental ancestry coming from the ancient Greeks in Turkey. The Ptolemies had original Greek and Gypsy [Egyptian] blood and that means a lot more than just the term reveals to us today. They became influenced by the white Greeks of whom became known as HELLENES. Here's another comment that i pretty much agree with:

June 12, 2010 - 11:52am angelina jolie for cleopatra - no way! Says:

@mari True. Cleopatra was a diect descendant of Alexander the Great's general. It is believed her mother may have been a descendant of Alexander the Great himself. This means Cleopatra had Macedonian, Greek and Roman ancestry and all images of her show a plain looking woman, with a big nose. But as we know, Hollywood loves to glamourize everything, so the movie wont be a true depiction of real events, but have much creative license. I can only hope this is just a rumour and that they are actually going to use a different actress in the role, someone with more substance and who actually have some acting skills and more than two expression on their face!

5. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    Back in the day there was a movie called "Sadat" that cast Louis Gosset Jr as Anwar Sadat whom was in real life a "black Arab". Remember Anwar Sadat was the president of Egypt who sign the peace deal with Israel The Arabs specifically in Egypt were mad because they knew Louis Gosset was a str8 up African American. But in all actuality, He looks somewhat close to Anwar except Anwar had curly hair. Slightly curly. Why arent we as upset over Cleopatra as Arabs were oveer Sadat even though Louis Gosset looks way closer to Anwar Sadat than Cleopatra to Angelina Jolie

6. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I thought so too, but what do I know?

Also from my understanding wasn't there a long line of Cleopatra's. I thought the title (Cleopatra) was passed down from generation to generation.:10500:

:heart:

7. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Cleopatra VII Philopator (in Greek, Κλεοπάτρα Φιλοπάτωρ; (Late 69 BC[1] – August 12, 30 BC) was the last person to rule Egypt as an Egyptian pharaoh – after she died, Egypt became a Roman province.

She was a member of the Ptolemaic dynasty of Ancient Egypt, and therefore was a descendant of one of Alexander the Great's generals who had seized control over Egypt after Alexander's death. Most Ptolemeis spoke Greek and refused to learn Egyptian, which is the reason that Greek as well as Egyptian languages were used on official court documents like the Rosetta Stone.[2] By contrast, Cleopatra learned Egyptian and represented herself as the reincarnation of an Egyptian Goddess.

Click Here to read more:

8. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    really interesting.

And it makes sense too. I also believe I've heard that the name Cleopatra was handed down through the generations as you mentioned earlier.

9. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Yes, there were.

The one most known to the world is the 7th cleopatra.

She is primarily of greek stock. Many suspect she's mulatto,
    for there was much mescegenation betwix the greeks and
    the nile valley afrikans.

10. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I also read somewhere they would only marry their relatives (Brother/Sister). I figure if she was the 7th Cleopatra and the Ptolemy reigned in Egypt for a 100 years, She must of only had a pinch of native Egyptian blood in her, if any at all. All that intermarrying must have washed out the original Egyptian blood.