Computers - Software Hardware : Android Programming Anyone?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by umbrarchist, Jul 19, 2013.

1. umbrarchist

umbrarchist Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +103
    Leraning a language is so boring and aggravating. They usually teach in these teeny tiny steps bit by bit and it gets so boring.

This is different.

Android Development Tutorial

He throws a bunch of stuff at you really fast. It is hard to keep up. But it's a video. You can play it again Sam. And again, and again.

Ran into a weird problem and have not really resolved it yet, just found a work around and that is the weird thing about it. On my Ubuntu system I am using the Eclipse ADT system in the videos. But running the APK in the emulator and on my Nexus 7 gave the result

Unfortunately AppName has stopped.

But there is another development environment called Android AIDE that runs directly on my Nexus 7. I copy over the entire source code directory and compile on the Nexus and the same source code runs fine. Google is not giving an intelligent response just that when I find the error in my source code they will comment. This is not impossible. Maybe AIDE ignores some error or fixes it, but I do not know what it is.

Maybe I will find it later when I understand more.

Another thing. Don't bother with this book:

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023005.do

Programming Android

Get thoroughly up to speed on Android programming, and learn how to create up-to-date user experiences for both handsets and tablets. With this book's extensively revised second edition, you'll focus on Android tools and programming essentials,...
    shop.oreilly.com

Searched the whole book, no mention of radiobuttons. How do you learn Android programming without radiobuttons?

This looks far more interesting and has radiobuttons:

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9781118183489.do

Professional Android Sensor Programming

Learn to build human-interactive Android apps, starting with device sensors This book shows Android developers how to exploit the rich set of device sensors—locational, physical (temperature, pressure, light, acceleration, etc.), cameras,...
    shop.oreilly.com

um

2. umbrarchist

umbrarchist Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +103