Black Short Stories : And Who are you?

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Qwamii, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Qwamii

Qwamii Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    AIGHT Fam don't crucify me 4 this one.....LOL

I finally closed my eyes for the time being. As I opened them, I saw a very familiar setting, the weighing of the heart. “I got this”, I thought to myself. “I have my spiritual portfolio ready to go I’ve done well, this should be easy….”

Just as my heart was about to be weighed Tehuti looks at a papyrus and commands that the weighing be stopped. He then asks me “Who are you”? What could this mean? Did my registration not make it, did he truly no know who I was, was I really supposed to be here? As I thought of about 20 questions as to why he asked me that question the only thing that could come out of my mouth was “Huh”? He then said “I know that you heard me so answer.” I said “I am Qwamii Ausu.” His face showed a look of slight displeasure to my answer. He then said “I did not ask your name I already know it. Who are you?” So he knew my name and yet he asks me this question? Filled with a mixture of uncertainty and displeasure I replied “I am a priest of your teachings, I have successfully debated many other religions and sent them crawling back to their doctrines. I am the teacher of many powerful up and coming priests and priestesses. Looking for more credibility I began to stutter. “Um…. I am the lead donor from my township for giving to the needy and….” Just as I was about to continue he yelled stop! “I did not ask you to tell me of your frivolous accomplishments.” “Frivolous!” I thought with fire in being.

“Ahh I feel the fire in you from my words. You tell me these things in vain, have you forgotten I was there with you? You seemed to be pleased with the egotistical references that you spew from your mouth. You have read many testimonies that were written by Men and Women such as yourself. You can name dates, facts, and quote other PEOPLE at the drop of a hat. Thousands of hours studying, lecturing, and meditating and you cannot answer this question correctly. More so even if you did you still would not understand it.”

He then started to add insult to injury by saying “let me give it to you in Novice terms, had you no money would you be less than what you are now because you could not donate”? He then added, “had you no time to study, or poor health would you be less than you are right now”. Really think on this one, if you had no one near that opposed your way of thinking, or your teachings, would you be the great debater as you claim”. If you had no students would you be less of a teacher? I started to BELIEVE that I understood what was being taught so I answered with a stern “NO”. He shook his head and said wrong again. These are the things by which you define yourself so if you didn’t have them you would indeed be less that you are right now. All of these feats that you claim are nothing more than glorified superficial relevance”. You have mastered the art of HEARSAY through reading and debating, and that you mistake for knowledge. You never truly understood IN~formation, IN~tellect, and IN~telligence”.

Now is the time Last chance, who are you?

Peace and Blessings
    ~Qwamii~

2. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    BlacK write Brother Qwamii!!!

I'm waiting for the next page:skate::skate:

M.E.
    :hearts2:

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    kept me inside like a book worm ....lovin it more more more !!!

4. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    :eek:
    Great 'story' that cannot end should one strive to answer Tehuti's question. A psychological horror story when one realizes that minus the 'superficial relevence', they have no answer. :eek:

5. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    A question that causes the reader to pause and do some self reflection as well. Great write Brother Qwamii.

6. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    Brother Qwamii,

A very powerful write!!

Oh how so many of us attach to ourselves our possessions, our clothes and styles, the work we do, how much we know, what and how much we give, etc to define our worth and who we think we are. It makes me ask: then how strong are our relationships to these external factors? When our house collapses, do we collapse with it?

As your story questions, who are we behind the temporary veneer of the external world? I wonder whether many of us look at how we use knowledge and/or material things and whether we use them for self/inner-knowledge or do we allow these things to enslave us? External things and un-utilized knowledge merely serves to nurture the ego - as someone once termed as “out-formation” :SuN011:. Inner knowledge and applied In-formation causes inner transformation. I wonder not so much on what I will leave behind, but what I am sending ahead. :SuN045:

I thank you for sharing this light with us Bro. I am totally enthralled by
    your perspective. Let us continue to seek truth as the vehicle for our ultimate spiritual freedom.

Peace, Love, Light...
    1UL

7. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Yes, Sister Soul :heart: it certainly gave me pause for thought. In addition, one can easily define what one IS NOT by comparison to what is seen/heard/learnt... It requires much soul searching to define who one IS without these external parameters.

Will there be a part two, Brother Qwamii?

8. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    Hey sis Zee :wave:

I hear that sis... If we were to make a list and take away all the things we attach ourselves to, then who are we or who are we not? I guess the question arises for me: What would one sacrifice to know the Divine/God :qqb010:

And Brother Qwamii...Will there be a part two??

Peace, love, light...

9. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Deep question indeed...hmmmm ..food for thought, I know I am who I am, but ...Who am I ??

10. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    I liked this as well Qwamii....Are you gonna add a part two? I would really like to read it.....Please please please please please:martian:
    This was a good write bro