Black Poetry : And the bible says...

Afridancr

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 21, 2001
Buffalo
Occupation
African Dance Instructor/Cultural Educator
Destee, please forgive me. This is not a poem. I apologize fot rhe length of it but for me...THIS IS a REVELATION.

A few nights ago I read Revelation 20 after reading Ubzorptions poem referring to htat scripture. Today, I read Revelation 18 and was a bit horrified at the EXACT predictions that were evident in this book of the bible. It corresponded with EVERYTHING that has happened since Tuesday September 11th, 2001. I've never read the enitre book of Revelation or the entire bible for that matter but I BELIEVE!! The proof is in evident. Judgement day is approaching. Are we ready?

REVELATION 18

1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2 And he cried mightly with a strong voice saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

(could the foul spirits, unclean and hateful birds represent the spirit of the terrorists and the ariplanes used?)

8 Therefore shall her plagues come IN ONE DAY, DEATH, AND MOURNING AND FAMINE; AND SHALL BE UTTERLY BURNED WITH FIRE

(is this NOT what has happened and what is STILL happening? Buildings are still burning, limited access to grocers, resteraunts, death toll rising, all/most of America in mourning)

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smile of her burning

(have we NOT mourned and composed poetic tune?)

10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in ONE HOUR is thy judgement come. 11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise anymore. 12 The merchandise od gold, silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, iron, and marble 13 and cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine and oil, and fine flour and wheat, and beasts and sheep and horses and chariots AND SLAVES AND SOULS OF MEN.

(Does this NOT sound like oppression by Americans towards Afrikans and Afrikan Americans? Hmmm...sounds like it to me)

14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all. 15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing. 16 And saying, Alas, alas, that gret city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple and scarlet and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls! 17 For in ONE HOUR so great riches in come to nought. And every shipmaster and all the company in ships an sailors and as many as trade by sea stood afar off.

(Does this NOT sound like capitalistic/materialistic America? )

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city! 19 AND THEY CAST DUST ON THEIR HEADS AND CRIED, WEEPING AND WAILING saying, Alas, alas that great ciy wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in ONE HOUR SHE IS MADE DESOLATE.

**Destee Family, I fear in my heart what's to come. Especially after reading these next few verses:

20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenges you on her. 21 And a mighty angel took up a stone and like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon BE THROWN DOWN, AND SHALL BE FOUND NO MORE AT ALL. 22 AND THE VOICE OF HARPERS, MUSICIANS, PIPERS AND TRUMPETERS, SHALL BE HEARD NO MORE AT ALL IN THEE; AND NO CRAFTSMAN, OF WHATSOEVER CRAFT HE BE, SHALL BE HEARD NO MORE AT ALL IN THEE; AND THE VOICE OF THE BRIDEGROOM AND OF THE BRIDE SHALL BE HEARD NO MORE IN THEE; for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries (witchcraft) were ALL NATIONS DECEIVED 24 aND IN HER WAS FOUND THE BLOOD OF PROPHETS, AND OF SAINTS AND ALL THAT WERE SLAIN UPON THE EARTH.

(Could this scripture be describing the musicians, dancers, artists, poets, actors etc in NYC area?)

People, I don't know about you but, to me...this says the end is near.

For those who don't know or believe...God is real. Jesus Christ is our Savior. He saved me when I couldn't/didn't want to save myself and HE'll save you too. All you have to do is believe.
My testimony...I'm ALIVE to tell my story!!

I love you all!
Aminata

Sorry for being long winded. Hope you understand me and the message I attempted to convey.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
sistah AFRI

I BELEIVED IN HE WHOM CARRIED ME
FORTH MY SAVIOR IS HE CHRIST

I BE NOT AFRAID FORTH I AM READY
WHEN HE COME

U SCRIBE THE TRUTH IN HIS WORD
THOU SHELL BE OF GLORY FOR ME.

epiphany

REGISTERED MEMBER
Very deep afridancr....

I believe in my heart that this is more of a Spiritual awakening for us. I watch Rev Graham on the today show this morning. He spoke of the tragedy of the deaths from the WTC, but he also mentioned out of all those who died, how many were prepared spiritually? Sometimes we can become clouded with the political aspects, racial tensions, anger and feelings of helplessness. For some years now, I have notice the signs of our decaying society, intolerence, greed, no respect for life, etc and I am saddened. The world now is in a state similar to the time of Noah. It is time now to really pray and become spiritually sound, because noone knows the day or hour.........
Epiphany:heart:

wildflower7

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 2, 2001
maryland
Occupation
motherhood
this is great afridancr... i was waiting for somebody to get biblical
(i tend to get too adamant about thangs)
many things that are foretold in the Bible have already come to pass:
the stars falling, the moon turning to blood, the sun black as
sackcloth, natural disasters never before felt, wars and rumors
of wars...
and disasters shall continue until He comes again
becoming exceedingly worse until that day
we need not put all of our trust in those leaders who try
to convince us that there will be peace on earth
but we need to find comfort in Jesus' soon coming
find peace in Him because no matter the ruin that surrounds us
He's still in control and only He can save us in this life
and only He can save us in death.

shaneak

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 6, 2001
Atlanta
Occupation
Technical Support engineer
Bless your Beautiful heart..

And thank you for sharing this with us all. This was needed....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Keita Kenyatta Black People : New Book Says African Prophetesses May Be Original Author of Bible Prophecies Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Your Bible Says... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Bible Says:There will be no rapture & Jesus is not coming back Pastor Ray Hagins. Black People Open Forum 3
Amnat77 Black Spirituality Religion : God's Wife, Asherah, May Have Been Edited Out Of The Bible Says Theologian Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Bible says that you reap – what you sow in the land. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
anAfrican Black Spirituality Religion : Evolution in the bible, says Vatican Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Energy Black Spirituality Religion : Don't Forget, The BIBLE is the ULTIMATE Black History book Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : ?Did Black Women Author The Bible? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Willie345 Black Spirituality Religion : "Jesus as the true God of the Bible" Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Cory Corn Black Hebrew Israelites : Who are the Negros in the bible and the color of the people of the bible (WITH PICUTRES) **95% Scripts** Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 0
O The Front Porch : Bible made me do it! The Front Porch 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Texas mayor tells council member women can’t pray at city meetings because Bible forbids it Christian Study Group 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Is the coronavirus in Bible prophecy? Pastor David Jeremiah answers Christian Study Group 14
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Stolen 400-year-old Bible from Pittsburgh's Carnegie Library recovered in Netherlands Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : The Wicked Bible Christian Study Group 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : World famous Dead Sea Scrolls at Museum of the Bible 'are fake' Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
A Black Spirituality Religion : According to the bible do women have souls? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
K The Front Porch : where is the bible of africa ? The Front Porch 8
A Black Spirituality Religion : What aphrodisiacs are mentioned in the Bible? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Archaeological find in Jerusalem ‘proves Bible passage is historically true’ Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Prosecutor: Man killed inmate after Bible verse dispute Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : 20 Everyday Things We All Do That Are Strictly Forbidden By The Bible Christian Study Group 0
Chevron Dove Black Christians : REPARATIONS or REPATRIATION--What Does the Bible Say About it? Christian Study Group 11
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : The Bible Has No Place In Modern America: Sobering Lessons from Donald Trump and Kim Burrell Christian Study Group 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : many scholars have insisted that the bible is entirely Egyptian AACOOLDRE 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : YOU HAVE TO BE ANTI-BLACK IF YOU TAKE ON THE FULL BIBLE PACKAGE AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : One of the biggest Contradictions in the Bible AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Egyptians invented writing & Papyrus=Bible AACOOLDRE 3
Energy Black Spirituality Religion : Is The Bible The Black man's History Book? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Temperament & Temperature of the Bible AACOOLDRE 0
Shibboleth Black Spirituality Religion : Is the 'Bible' still the word of God? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : The spark of life: Science and the Bible meet again Science and Technology 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Bible Expert’s Surprising Findings About Jews and Judaism Revealed in the New Testament Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : The Bible Unlocked: Jesus and Christ Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Destee Network : Does Color Matter? Only When Misrepresented!: The Bible depicts the Colors of Man and Consequences Destee Network : 3
crwn Black Spirituality Religion : You Won't Believe in Christianity Anymore or The Bible After Watching This Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
crwn Black Spirituality Religion : Eve Was Created From Adam's Penis: Bible Scholar Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : Vati Leaks : A glaring omission in World’s oldest Bible (Sinai Bible) Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Zodiac killers in the Bible AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Egyptian Trinity in Bible of Word/Light AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Top Ten Anti-Semetic remarks in the Bible AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The NSA in the Times of the Bible AACOOLDRE 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Tennessee House votes to make Bible official state book Christian Study Group 5
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Bible Code: finding its Enigma machines to decode AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Bible creation sequence: include this black history AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Bible Serpent is: THE Egyptian Aphophis AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Castration in da Bible: OT & NT AACOOLDRE 0
Keita Kenyatta Black Spirituality Religion : Bible on Trial Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
blazejay Black Spirituality Religion : The Bible Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
CosmicMessenger Black Spirituality Religion : The Bible From A Black Perspective Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2