Black Poetry : And the bible says...

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Afridancr, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Afridancr

Afridancr Well-Known Member MEMBER

African Dance Instructor/Cultural Educator
    Ratings:
    +0
    Destee, please forgive me. This is not a poem. I apologize fot rhe length of it but for me...THIS IS a REVELATION.

A few nights ago I read Revelation 20 after reading Ubzorptions poem referring to htat scripture. Today, I read Revelation 18 and was a bit horrified at the EXACT predictions that were evident in this book of the bible. It corresponded with EVERYTHING that has happened since Tuesday September 11th, 2001. I've never read the enitre book of Revelation or the entire bible for that matter but I BELIEVE!! The proof is in evident. Judgement day is approaching. Are we ready?

REVELATION 18

1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2 And he cried mightly with a strong voice saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

(could the foul spirits, unclean and hateful birds represent the spirit of the terrorists and the ariplanes used?)

8 Therefore shall her plagues come IN ONE DAY, DEATH, AND MOURNING AND FAMINE; AND SHALL BE UTTERLY BURNED WITH FIRE

(is this NOT what has happened and what is STILL happening? Buildings are still burning, limited access to grocers, resteraunts, death toll rising, all/most of America in mourning)

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smile of her burning

(have we NOT mourned and composed poetic tune?)

10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in ONE HOUR is thy judgement come. 11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise anymore. 12 The merchandise od gold, silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, iron, and marble 13 and cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine and oil, and fine flour and wheat, and beasts and sheep and horses and chariots AND SLAVES AND SOULS OF MEN.

(Does this NOT sound like oppression by Americans towards Afrikans and Afrikan Americans? Hmmm...sounds like it to me)

14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all. 15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing. 16 And saying, Alas, alas, that gret city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple and scarlet and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls! 17 For in ONE HOUR so great riches in come to nought. And every shipmaster and all the company in ships an sailors and as many as trade by sea stood afar off.

(Does this NOT sound like capitalistic/materialistic America? )

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city! 19 AND THEY CAST DUST ON THEIR HEADS AND CRIED, WEEPING AND WAILING saying, Alas, alas that great ciy wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in ONE HOUR SHE IS MADE DESOLATE.

**Destee Family, I fear in my heart what's to come. Especially after reading these next few verses:

20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenges you on her. 21 And a mighty angel took up a stone and like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon BE THROWN DOWN, AND SHALL BE FOUND NO MORE AT ALL. 22 AND THE VOICE OF HARPERS, MUSICIANS, PIPERS AND TRUMPETERS, SHALL BE HEARD NO MORE AT ALL IN THEE; AND NO CRAFTSMAN, OF WHATSOEVER CRAFT HE BE, SHALL BE HEARD NO MORE AT ALL IN THEE; AND THE VOICE OF THE BRIDEGROOM AND OF THE BRIDE SHALL BE HEARD NO MORE IN THEE; for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries (witchcraft) were ALL NATIONS DECEIVED 24 aND IN HER WAS FOUND THE BLOOD OF PROPHETS, AND OF SAINTS AND ALL THAT WERE SLAIN UPON THE EARTH.

(Could this scripture be describing the musicians, dancers, artists, poets, actors etc in NYC area?)

People, I don't know about you but, to me...this says the end is near.

For those who don't know or believe...God is real. Jesus Christ is our Savior. He saved me when I couldn't/didn't want to save myself and HE'll save you too. All you have to do is believe.
    My testimony...I'm ALIVE to tell my story!!

I love you all!
    Aminata

Sorry for being long winded. Hope you understand me and the message I attempted to convey.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    sistah AFRI

I BELEIVED IN HE WHOM CARRIED ME
    FORTH MY SAVIOR IS HE CHRIST

I BE NOT AFRAID FORTH I AM READY
    WHEN HE COME

U SCRIBE THE TRUTH IN HIS WORD
    THOU SHELL BE OF GLORY FOR ME.

3. epiphany

epiphany Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +40
    Very deep afridancr....

I believe in my heart that this is more of a Spiritual awakening for us. I watch Rev Graham on the today show this morning. He spoke of the tragedy of the deaths from the WTC, but he also mentioned out of all those who died, how many were prepared spiritually? Sometimes we can become clouded with the political aspects, racial tensions, anger and feelings of helplessness. For some years now, I have notice the signs of our decaying society, intolerence, greed, no respect for life, etc and I am saddened. The world now is in a state similar to the time of Noah. It is time now to really pray and become spiritually sound, because noone knows the day or hour.........
    Epiphany:heart:

4. wildflower7

wildflower7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

motherhood
    Ratings:
    +4
    this is great afridancr... i was waiting for somebody to get biblical
    (i tend to get too adamant about thangs)
    many things that are foretold in the Bible have already come to pass:
    the stars falling, the moon turning to blood, the sun black as
    sackcloth, natural disasters never before felt, wars and rumors
    of wars...
    and disasters shall continue until He comes again
    becoming exceedingly worse until that day
    we need not put all of our trust in those leaders who try
    to convince us that there will be peace on earth
    but we need to find comfort in Jesus' soon coming
    find peace in Him because no matter the ruin that surrounds us
    He's still in control and only He can save us in this life
    and only He can save us in death.

5. shaneak

shaneak Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Support engineer
    Ratings:
    +7
    Bless your Beautiful heart..

And thank you for sharing this with us all. This was needed....

6. Afridancr

Ratings:
    +0
    The Main problem

Is that America cares more about financial stability than spirituality. And it all boils down to this:

those people who love, accept and acknowledge God, Lord, Yahweh will only strive to do better

those who have not a clue to our Lord and Savior will be left standing alone as God carries his saints with Him to live with Him for eternity.

I read this in my daily bread for Tuesday September 11th:

scripture ref: Matt 28: 16-20

How shall they believe in HIM of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? Rom 10:14

Answer: "Let those who know tell those who don't know"

I add to this, for those who have heard but have doubt, share a testimony, a simple way to plant seeds in their minds. This is what's required of us by God.

7. LISTERSCRIBIN'

LISTERSCRIBIN' Well-Known Member MEMBER

artist
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yes, Afri, you are truly right. I agree. I thank you for this here. I believe too, that this is a spiritual AWAKENING for us all. I am so glad that these chapters were brought forth in the way that they have been conveyed. It is very well needed...the spiritual knowledge. The word.

~~~myeyesareopentosee~~~

8. alyce

alyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Counselor
    Ratings:
    +85
    on September 11, 2001

as they showed scenes of evacuation at LAX (I was scheduled to take a flight that very afternoon)...only one somebody on TV..a sista, said what I hadn't heard before, or since..."those who study the Bible, know these things will come to pass".

As we mourn the loss of life of loved ones...we must understand the reality...America has placed herself in the hands of this retribution by her arrogance and willful destruction of other nations...and God is allowing destruction to take its toll. Innocent victims, and all. We are a nation who has turned our backs on God; and only now do our leaders call for a National day of prayer.

God's people pray every day.

Thank you for coming Biblical. Raising the questions, pricking the consciousness of many. If hearts are truly searching; all things shall be revealed; for spiritual things are spiritually discerned.

peace be to all of us

a

9. Afridancr

Ratings:
    +0
    I appreciate the feedback fam

At least now I know that I'm not wrong for feeling what I feel and expressing these feelings.

Thanks.
    Aminata