Black People : AND PROMISES TO KEEP?

oldiesman

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 9, 2006
i remember as a child how excited i got when an adult would[promise]to do something because to my young mind that meant that it would be done no matter what,and as an adult i still feel that if someone says[I PROMISE]]that it should be kept it is your word and bond,now what am i talking about..politians specifically obama whose making promises that we know he can't and won't keep,we are getting all geeked up about the possibility of the first BLACK PRESIDENT but have we asked ourselves...WILL HE KEEP HIS PROMISES? WE KNOW THAT THE OTHERS WILL LIE,WHAT MAKES THIS POLITICIAN DIFFERENT?

oldiesman said:
i remember as a child how excited i got when an adult would[promise]to do something because to my young mind that meant that it would be done no matter what,and as an adult i still feel that if someone says[I PROMISE]]that it should be kept it is your word and bond,now what am i talking about..politians specifically obama whose making promises that we know he can't and won't keep,we are getting all geeked up about the possibility of the first BLACK PRESIDENT but have we asked ourselves...WILL HE KEEP HIS PROMISES? WE KNOW THAT THE OTHERS WILL LIE,WHAT MAKES THIS POLITICIAN DIFFERENT?

I think we are excited more about the change that Obama represents. Would our ancestors have ever thought that we who were once counted as 3/5 of a person is now in the running to be one of the most powerful men on the planet? We who were denied education, denied the right to marry who we loved, denied the right to raise our children, denied even our freedom are now free to run for President.
Even if he doesn't keep every promise he made, even if he keeps half--isn't that progress we can claim?
I've wrestled with this same question and came to the conclusion that he can'e be any worse than the racist dictator we currently have in office? I'd rather he try and he fail than to never even try and alwys wonder "what if".

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back