Brother AACOOLDRE : Ancient Egyptian 42 laws vs OT 10 commandments

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Mar 2, 2015.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    ANCIENT EGYPTIAN LAW NEVER AMEMDED IN THE OT &NT

By Andre Austin

The Ten Commandments were influenced by the 42 Admonitions of Maat (Moral order truth) and wasn’t superseded by the fictional death of a fictional person.

The first Israelites spoke Egyptian and adhered to Egyptian cultural practices and beliefs. The evidence shows how the early Israelites adapted Egyptian myths about the god Osiris and his family and transformed them into stories about their distant human ancestors, removing them from the magical realm of Egyptian religion. The major events in the lives of the Hebrew patriarchs and set forth many of the Egyptian myths and stories upon which the Biblical accounts were based. The first Israelites were followers of Pharaoh Akhenaten who turned away from Amen & Osiris etal. However, different factions and alliances developed and they went back and forth and we get to the NT they all came back home to the Egyptian theology. This is a stolen legacy manipulated the treacherous three Emperors of the Roman Empire who wished to have the masses of the people unwittingly worship them under the Title: “Jesus Christ”. Basically we became a fool for Titus. Being fools made us die before our time not knowing the truth of the deception is Jesus ministry was a parody, satire and spoof of Titus military campaign. This is why the word Gospels means “Good News of military victory”.

In the beginning God manufactured mankind from his factory and stamped it “Very Good” (Gen 1:31) because it was his image and attribute of spiritual likeness of Light & Good. We are lead to believe God became Very Sorry for his creation because after we ate from a forbidden fruit we became Very bad?

The Gnostic Christians taught that Jesus was Chretos=Good, useful, virtuous etc and that Christ/Chretos was within you.

Adam would die if he ate from the tree of Knowledge

The Myth: But the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die (Gen 2:17)

The reality: The purpose of this story is to condemn the Egyptian idea that knowledge of moral order (Maat) would lead to Eternal life, which conflicted with Hebrew monotheistic teachings from the Akhetaten cult.

If Genesis draws upon the Egyptian doctrines, why does the biblical story take such a radical turn when it comes to eating from the tree of knowledge? After all the Ten Commandments evolved from the 42 admonitions of Maat Aka 42 negative confessions. The Egyptians believed that if you lived a life of moral order (Maat), the god Osiris, who ruled over the afterlife, would award you eternal life. That was the philosophical link between these two fundamental principles of life and moral order, and that is why Egyptians depicted them as children of the creator. In effect, knowledge of moral order (Maat) was a step towards immortality and godhood. This is precisely the issue framed in Genesis. Akhenaten wanted to turn against Amen Osiris and the other gods and worship just one Aten’s rays of the sun. Not the sun but the creator of the Sun.

The Hebrew story is actually a sophisticated attack on the Egyptian doctrine of moral order (Maat) leading to eternal life. It begins by transforming life and moral order from deities into trees. And from Atum eating his daughter Nun into a forbidden fruit.

However, when we get into the New Testament Jesus Christ is a composite figure of many Gods including Osiris. We see him making interesting statements:

“Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, Teacher, what Good things must I do to get eternal life. Why do you ask me about what is Good? Jesus replied. There is only One who is Good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments” (Matthew 19:16-17) His fictional death didn’t cancels this especially with him being symbolic of Osiris.

Why would Jesus say only one is good when all were manufactured Good in the Old Testament. And why would Jesus countermand the OT scribes by having the Law of the commandments which are based on the Admonition of Maat lead you to eternal life. Even James backs up Jesus and the Law when he said: “Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom” (James 2:12). In Egypt the spirit is set free from the prison of your body flesh to ascend to heaven if your heart and words were truth and in moral order which is alluded to in Matthew 12. In Egypt there was an old saying that Maat sets the Tongue (The word/spirit) free from which we get the famous line of knowing truth (Maat) to get freedom (John 8:32). But let us turn back to Matthew 12:

“Make a tree good and its fruit will be good , or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. You brood of vipers (Jews), how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart and mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the Day of Judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned” (Matthew 12:33-37). In Egyptian mythology to enter into their heaven your mouth and hands had to be clean of sin: “Make ye not accusations against me in the presence of Osiris. I’am clean of mouth and clean of hands” Egyptian Ideas of the Afterlife By E.A. Wallis Budge p.151 When Jesus knew who would betray him he said “not everyone was clean” (John 13:11) Pontius Pilate is supposed to have washed his hands and passed on responsibility for the death of Jesus to the crowd. The washing of hands to indicate innocence was the custom of the Essene community (borrowed from Egypt). It wasn’t a Roman custom and the scene is an invention”-The Biggest secret By David Icke p.100. Much later in Western law in jurisprudence under “clean hands doctrine” cited in the Blacks Law dictionary “Clean” defined as innocent of fraud which was the bases of the 42 negative confessions or Admonitions of Maat I will cite at the end of this essay.

This judgment is no different than the Egyptian double halls of Maat/Amen where your words are weighed on balance beans against a feather of truth (Maat). Likewise your heart is weighed in the same manner. Revelations 20:11-15 the Tree of life into a book of life and by inference a book of the dead which was the slang terminology for the 42 admonitions of Maat.

Rome under the Flavian Dynasty canceled portions of the Law that were impediments to recruit followers like circumcision, certain foods, but retain other laws to extract tribute, slavery and non-violence to benefit their criminal enterprise. Keep Vespasian, Titus and Domitian’s command and avoid their trials of testing your soul (Rev 3:10)

1. The father Vespasianmakes cameo appearance in the gospel of spiting in the eyes of a blind man making him see cited by Roman historian Suetonius. “The deceased Horus/Osiris says “Iam one who spits on wounds which will heal”-“Christ in Egypt” p 297

2. The son, Titus is the main dude who Fishes for Men, builds wall around Jerusalem, deals with the demons of Gadara, allows Joseph Bar Mathias (Joseph of AraMathea) to let down 3 crucified from which one survives. He was also 666.2 being called a second nero by Suetonius who equals the number also. Titus, Greek name Teitan =666

3. Domitian is the terrible spirit, and bald head sucker who wears a Lamb’s wool wig as described in Rev and the Morning star (Lucifer). There was debate if Domitian or Nero was the red dragon because he was ruddy in complexion and forced abortions on women.

The Ten Commandments and The 42 laws of Maat

The following list reflects the numbering most commonly used in English –language referring to Ten commandments, and those which are similar to the 42 declarations are highlighted by parenthesis:

1. I’am the Lord thy god, thou shalt have no other gods before me. (41).

2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image… (Remember the golden calf of Hathor?)

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the lord thy god in vain. (7, 37, 41)

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. The Sabbath was to either honor God for creating the Earth from which the sequence is plagiarized from Egyptian creation stories; or celebration of their so-called slavery in Egypt. Apparently they stole the Sabbath from Babylon’s “Shabatu) or with the Bacchus (Egyptian) called Sabboi.

5. Honor thy father and mother. (1, 12, 28)

6. Thou shalt not kill. (4)

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery. (11, 20, 21)

8. Thou shalt not steal. (2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 39, 40)

9. Not to bear false witness (8, 13, 18, 29)

10. Thou shalt not covet a wife or neighbor’s house. (13, 20, 21, 29, 33)

42 Laws of Maat, or 42 Negative Confessions, or 42 Admonition to Goddess Maat, or 42 Declarations of Innocence or Admonitions of Maát, 42 Laws of Maat of Ancient Egypt, or the Laws of the Goddess Maat

[​IMG]

Hieroglyph of Goddess Maat iconography, i.e.,

feather of truth (Shu) on top of her head

The 42 Divine Principles of Maat in Budge's native English follows:

1. I have not committed sin.

2. I have not committed robbery with violence.

3. I have not stolen.

4. I have not slain men or women.

5. I have not stolen food.

6. I have not swindled offerings.

7. I have not stolen from God/Goddess.

8. I have not told lies.

9. I have not carried away food.

10. I have not cursed.

11. I have not closed my ears to truth.

12. I have not committed adultery.

13. I have not made anyone cry.

14. I have not felt sorrow without reason.

15. I have not assaulted anyone.

16. I am not deceitful.

17. I have not stolen anyone’s land.

18. I have not been an eavesdropper.

19. I have not falsely accused anyone.

20. I have not been angry without reason.

21. I have not seduced anyone’s wife.

22. I have not polluted myself.

23. I have not terrorized anyone.

24. I have not disobeyed the Law.

25. I have not been exclusively angry.

26. I have not cursed God/Goddess.

27. I have not behaved with violence.

28. I have not caused disruption of peace.

29. I have not acted hastily or without thought.

30. I have not overstepped my boundaries of concern.

31. I have not exaggerated my words when speaking.

32. I have not worked evil.

33. I have not used evil thoughts, words or deeds.

34. I have not polluted the water.

35. I have not spoken angrily or arrogantly.

36. I have not cursed anyone in thought, word or deeds.

37. I have not placed myself on a pedestal.

38. I have not stolen what belongs to God/Goddess.

39. I have not stolen from or disrespected the deceased.

40. I have not taken food from a child.

41. I have not acted with insolence.

42. I have not destroyed property belonging to God/Goddess

[​IMG]

Left to Right: Goddess Ma'at, Thoth/Tehuti, The Petitioner of Maat,

Scales of Goddess Ma'at (Lady Justice), and Anubis

The ibis-headed Thoth is the patron saint of Maat scribes and priests. He is also known as Tehuti. In the Duat (place for judgment/underworld) and the Hall of Two Truths, Thoth/Tehuti holds a tablet and writing tool and records the scale's reading of the 42 affirmation of the petitioner. The successful petitioner will be led from Duat to Arus (the Field of Reeds) where Osiris sits as the last gatekeeper judge.

2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Now if I am not mistaken, each of the 42 negative confessions were toward 42 different "aspects".

Could you identify the 42 different ones addressed in the Papyrus if Nebseni below?

1. Hail, Usekh-nemmt, who comest forth from Anu, I have not committed sin.
    2. Hail, Hept-Shet, who comest forth from Kher-aha, I have not robbed with violence.
    3. Hail, Fenti, who comest forth from Khemenu, I have done no violence.
    4. Hail, Am-khaibitu, who comest forth from Qerrt, I have not stolen.
    5. Hail, Neha-hau, who comest forth from Rasta, I have not slain men.
    6. Hail, Ruruti, who comest forth from heaven, I have not made light the bushel.
    7. Hail, Arti-f-em-tes, who comest forth from Sekhem, I have not acted deceitfully.
    8. Hail, Neba, who comest and goest, I have not stolen the property of the god.
    9. Hail, Set-qesu, who comest forth from Hensu, I have not told lies.
    10. Hail, Uatch-nesert, who comest forth from Het-ka-Ptah, I have not carried away food.
    11. Hail, Qerti, who comest forth from Amenti, I have not uttered evil words.
    12. Hail, Hetch-abhu, who comest from Ta-she, I have attacked no man.
    13. Hail, Unem-snef, who comest forth from the execution chamber, I have not salin a bull which was the property of the god.
    14. Hail, Unem-besku, who comest [forth from the Mabet chamber], I have not acted deceitfully.
    15. Hail, Neb-maat, who comest forth from Maati, I have not pillaged the lands which have been ploughed.
    16. Hail, Thenemi, who comest forth from Bast, I have never pried into matters [to make mischief].
    17. Hail, Aati, who comest forth from Anu, I have not set my mouth in motion.
    18. Hail, Tutuf, who comest from from A, I have not been wroth except with reason.
    19. Hail, Uamemti, who comest forth from the execution chamber, I have not debauched the wife of a man.
    20. Hail, Maa-anuf, who comest forth from Per-Menu, I ahve not polluted myself.
    21. Hail, Heri-uru, who comest forth from [Nehatu], I have terrorized no man.
    22. Hail, Khemi, who comest forth from Ahaui, I have not made attacks.
    23. Hail, Shet-kheru, who comest forth from Uri, I have not been a man of anger.
    24. Hail, Nekhem, who comest forth from Heq-at, I have not turned a deaf ear to the words of truth.
    25. Hail, Ser-Kheru, who comest forth from Unes, I have not stirred up strife.
    26. Hail, Basti, who comest forth from Shetait, I have made none to weep.
    27. Hail, Her-f-ha-f, who comest forth from thy cavern, I have not committed acts of sexual impurity, or lain with men.
    28. Hail, Ta-ret, who comest forth from Akhkhu, I have not eaten my heart.
    29. Hail, Kenmti, who comest forth from Kenmet, I have cursed no man.
    30. Hail, An-hetep-f, who comest forth from Sau, I have not acted in a violent or oppressive manner.
    31. Hail, Neb-heru, who comest forth from Tchefet, I have not acted [or judged] hastily.
    32. Hail, Serekhi, who comest forth from Unth, I have not.... my hair, I have not harmed the god.
    33. Hail, Neb-abui, who comest forth from Sauti, I have not multiplied my speech overmuch.
    34. Hail, Nefer-Tem, who comest forth from Het-ka-Ptah, I have not acted with deciet, I have not worked wickedness.
    35. Hail, Tem-Sep, who comest forth from Tetu, I have not done things to effect the cursing of [the king].
    36. Hail, Ari-em-ab-f, who comest forth from Tebti, I have not stopped the flow of water.
    37. Hail, Ahi-mu, who comest forth from Nu, I have not raised my voice.
    38. Hail, Utu-rekhit, who comest forth from thy house, I have not curse God.
    39. Hail, Neheb-Nefert, who comest forth from the Lake of Nefer, I have not acted with insufferable insolence.
    40. Hail, Neheb-kau, who comest forth from [thy] city, I have not sought to make myself unduly distinguished.
    41. Hail, Tcheser-tep, who comest forth from thy cavern, I have not increased my wealth except through such things are [justly] my own possessions.
    42. Hail, An-a-f, who comest forth from Auker, I have not scorned [or treated with contempt] the god of my town.

From what I gathered from some comments, both Djehuti and Ausar were real people.
    What lead to the deification of them if they were once real live human beings?

Or was this some form of "rites of passage" when they mastered certain knowledge and wisdom, they were elevated to a god-status... ie "masons"?

"They have become one with the gods"

How does one become a "god"? <--- this is a rhetorical question, and a loaded one, so don't attempt to respond to this one, as it was just for though value.

3. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    I was reading a book by DR. Ben "We the black Jews" and he stated there were 147 negative confessions. and to your Q I can't do that.

4. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Yea, there were nearly 170 "deities" (did the research awhile ago), or however they would be classified... which I am still not sure of.

Nobody knows what or who these 42 different different neg confessions are to or for?
    Only asked because this was posted in reference to other information, to show where those writings came from.

Anyone know what these are?

The Papyrus of Nu offers this...

From the Papyrus of Nu
    From the Book of the Dead
    Translated by E.A. Wallis Budge
    Brit. Mus. No. 10477, Sheet 22

[THE FOLLOWING] WORDS SHALL BE SAID BY THE STEWARD OF THE KEEPER OF THE SEAL, NU, WHOSE WORD IS TRUTH, WHEN HE COMETH FORTH TO THE HALL OF MAATI, SO THAT HE MAY BE SEPARATED FROM EVERY SIN WHICH HE HATH COMMITTED, AND MAY BEHOLD THE FACES OF THE GODS.

The Osiris Nu, whose word is truth, saith: Homage to thee, O great God, Lord of Maati! I have come unto thee, O my Lord, and I have brought myself hither that I may behold thy beauties. I know thee, I know thy name, I know the names of the Forty-two Gods who live with thee in this Hall of Maati, who live by keeping ward over sinners, and who feed upon their blood on the day when the consciences of men are reckoned up in the presence of the god Un-Nefer. In truth thy name is Rehti-Merti-Nebti-Maati. In truth I have come unto thee, I have brought Maati (Truth) to thee. I have done away sin for thee.

"I know the names of the Forty-two Gods who live with thee in this Hall of Maati, who live by keeping ward over sinners, and who feed upon their blood on the day when the consciences of men are reckoned up in the presence of the god Un-Nefer."

Does anyone know who these 42 "Gods" are?
    (will deal with the blood connection at another time)

I keep seeing similar discussions as these pop up over and over, from one site to the next, yet this question still remains open and unanswered.

5. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Ok, looks like I was able to correlate one of them to a deity or personage...

8. Hail, Neba, who comest and goest, I have not stolen the property of the god.
    Neba may have been a reference to Thoth

• a Babylonian deity who presided over learning and letters; corresponds to Greek Hermes, Latin Mercury, and Egyptian Thoth ("prophet")
    Not sure if this is in alignment though, for there wouldn't be "Babylonian" deities inscribed in the papyrus, would there?
    If this was "Djehuty", they would have just translated it as such instead of Neba, right?

http://www.20000-names.com/male_n_names.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabu

Thoughts?

6. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Now, compare the Ancient Egyptian 42 laws (42 negative confessions) with the 613 laws...

248 Positive
    365 Negative

http://www.gospeloutreach.net/613laws.html

Where did the other 517 commandments come from?
    Or where did the other 323 "negative confessions" come from?

Just thought I'd ask, being that this link offers more than 10 "commandments" written within the OT.

Anyone care to respond?

7. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Not sure if this was meant to be an open discussion/dialog.

One day someone posting knowledge of Ancient Egypt will come and tell us who these 42 deities were, while referencing the 42 negative confessions... just curious as to why nobody has yet.

Maybe lost in translation, shrug.

This is my question:

What were we to gain or take from this post, as I wasn't sure what to conclude from the content posted?
    Please clarify, if there is, a conclusion of thought based on what was shared in the initial post.

Is it:

The Hebrew story is actually a sophisticated attack on the Egyptian doctrine of moral order (Maat) leading to eternal life. It begins by transforming life and moral order from deities into trees. And from Atum eating his daughter Nun into a forbidden fruit.​

Moral order from deities?
    Deities are real then?

I get confused at times, because I have read where Osiris was a real person that has a real grave, but then was a deity that was brought back to life by Isis.

Was this death and brought back to life story of Osiris part of the sophisticated attack on Egyptian doctrine as well?

See how this is somewhat confusing... just want some clarity on what the story and Egyptian doctrine is.

What is a deity?
    And was Atum eating his own children (Nu/Nun)a moral issue or not?

Nu:
    upload_2015-3-13_11-7-51.png

Did the people of this time believe there was a deity called Nu that was keeping them on top of the waters?
    And where did they get this story from?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arus maat 42 laws