Black Spirituality Religion : Ancestral Voices

Fine1952

The Age of Aquarius
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 27, 2005
Occupation
Employed
174867_146370848725383_5997740_n.jpg

This is a very interesting video. IMHO, The words of this Lady resonated the best:

Margaret Mensah
Ga Priestess

"...Christianity and Islam is a religion. Religion is an institution. An institution comes under a building; and, a heading and stuff like that ---and so that has nothing what so ever to do with us and the way we were instructed within ourselves to reverence Creation.

It wasn't an institution. It wasn't a building. It had nothing to do with anything religious. The cultural tradition has to do with the UNIVERSE and our place in it. Religion doesn't deal with that. Religion deals with one person. They have personalized God. They personallized God --bringing down on the physical, making him like the people who created it, and asked to worship that person...

I think people just need to sit down and think about it. I am not trying to say to you --you know-- give it up today, give it up tomorrow. What I am saying to peope is 'think'. Why are you studying a reiigion that was whipped into your forefathers so that they can be whipped a little more.

Why are you studying a Koran from people that did worse than the Europeans? We don't touch upon the Arab invasion and what happened in that time. The Europeans invaded Africa and they split up Africa; but whichever part of Africa that you can go into that they split up and took over, the African is still the majority; but, when you look at the Arab and you go into North of the Sahara where they have invaded and taken over --its hardly any Blacks left. Look at places like Morocco, Junisia, Libya, Algeria. If you see a black face, you're lucky. The Arabs dealt with genocide and they are still dealing with it now

How low we feel about ourselves, yeah. We are not going to look on something like Avatar which was showing a people that were so spiritually evolved and so spiritually up there and think that we could ever have reached that type of --you know-- level of 'um' awareness and consiousness. Never. We are slaves. And let me tell you, we believe we are slaves. We don't believe even though we read all this stuff about ourselves, we don't actually believe it.

I saw Avatar; and, as soon as I saw Avatar, I knew they were talking about us --from the spiritual ancestral tree, all the little ancestors that were coming in through that space, connection --like how they connected up their hair with the horse animal --that was just a spiritual connection that they had to put in a physical form. All those sort of things --that was us to the tee; but, maybe --I don't know-- if I hadn't lived the life that I've lived; If I hadn't lived the amount of time I've lived on the continent to see certain things myself --maybe it wouldn't have hit home to me. I don't know; but, it did hit home straight away and at the end of the day I understand why we don't think that it was us, yeah. We don't know who us is. So when you can put it blatantly in front of us like that, we're not gonna recognize ourselves. We don't know us. We weren't even looking. Listen. We won't even look in the mirror without no make up or no weave. Right? No-No-No this is a serious thing. We will not look in the mirror at our own self without makeup or and without weave and you ask me why is it they didn't recognize themselves on the TV (LOL). Now come on (LOL).

Lot of us are scared; scared of ourselves, we're scared of our culture; we're scared of everything to do with us, but we mustn't fear --yeah-- because our ancestors are sitting there waiting for you and if you would just connect to them --yeah-- and if you could form a relationship with them --they will help you. I've seen it. And I experience it myself, they will help you..."

The speakers listed below also made valid points:

Ade Adelaja

Andrew G. Jaggs
Egyptologist MA

Kevin Hayes
Musician

Anoyke Sofo-Asiedu
Okomfo Anokye descendent

Wayne B. Chandler
Author, Historian

Edison Agbandje

Osun Edna Da Guia
Moddess Goddess Shrine

Gina Zappia
Filmmaker

Ruel Reid

Jedidah Idrisu
Intuitive Healer

Nicola Southin
Performer/Designer

Ruth Appleby
Yoga Therapist

Dhyani 'Kanga' Kane
Healer Psychic Medium

Pettridge Roach and Her Sister Carol Smith

Pantera De Boemeriba
Caporia Teacher/Musican

KHESUMBA Jess
Media Lecturer

Dalian Adofo
Teacher

Jonathan Emeuwa
Physcotherapist/Writer

Felicity Roberts
Massage Therapist

I found African Voices on netflix -- and later found what you share on YouTube --

Not surprising, I can no longer stream watch the documentary via my desktop or my laptop, I have to put it in queue and have it sent to my house....

The Denigration of African Spirituality

"Spirit is spirit"

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back