Black Spirituality Religion : Ancestral Reverance and Historical Gods/Goddesses

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by tyab14, Sep 4, 2008.

1. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    My question is this, were some of the gods and goddesses in the pantheons of our ancient ancestors actually historical figures that still had an influence on this world after passing over?

The reason I ask is because of course the historical Osirius was supposedly discovered, and I am looking into diferent cults and such and in Europe they worshipped St. Maurice in different areas. Things like this happened in many different areas and still happens I think to this day in many spiritual systems. Not neccesarily worship, but reverance and contact with someone who is empowered when they die and head to a different "reality".

In the words of Albert Churchward, one of the first "religions" was of a "sacraficial" mother who was eaten by the nation and she provided strength and help (don't know if this is true). This also reminds me of the Greeks and other cultures who literally deify historical figures as their gods (Imhotep). Even to this day in America people sort of deify historical people.

But anyways, are these gods and goddesses strictly just metaphysical concepts or did some actually exist as historical figures?

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Some did historically exist.

3. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    Which ones particularly?

4. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    I don't know. I think Ausar and Auset existed historically. Ask Bro. Keita, he should know for sure.

5. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    It was Ausar ... they found his tomb somewhere around 2004 give or take some years ... or this is the date that I found out about it ... one or the other ... I will look through my documents.

Keita may definitely know ... question???? Does anyone know if this is S.O.Y Keita? Actually Keita are you the same S.O.Y Keita? Just had to ask ... if so then we have a serious biological anthropologist within our presence. For those who don't know of the work of S.O.Y Keita ... here is his work -> Click Here!!!

Peace and Blessings

6. amazon1979

amazon1979 Banned MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +9
    Oxford is my hometown, so had briefly wondered the same thing when I saw his alias and read his posts but did not pursue it further. *Waits patiently for confirmation*

7. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    me too ... lol

Peace and Blessings

8. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    Wayne Chandler: "Egypt's greatest masters, Osiris, Hermes, Isis, and Horus all belonged to the old, the black Anu. It was though these sovereign rulers that the very core of Egyptian philosophy and science was created and mainted. Each of these individuals played a role in not only Egypt's hostry, but the histories of many nations which were later to arise.

Once again we must turn to Amelineau for it was he that discovred the tomb of Osiris at Abydos. Because of this discovery Osiris could no longer be considred a mythical hero...."

Its all interesting to note that Egyptologists at first thought Menes was a legend until finding "proof" of his historical existence. You think that Osiris was a historical figure turned into a political/social/religious figure after his entrance into the other world?

It also bring to mind the famous quote when the history of KMT was given and there was the reigns of the gods. Were these people actual existant? Was Tehuti historical?

9. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    Oh yeah and that ain't Keita from this site. I seen his picture and they don't look alike.

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Peace Bruh,

In order to gain better insight into this, let's first look at how African people process divinity and possible elevation of a personage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the ancient Egyptian people African people?

I will use 2 examples.

In the Yoruba system of orisa, each orisa represents a particular element, natural principle, aspect of human existence or an integration of all three. The orisa Esu has 101 roads or ona pade. These "roads" represent different characteristics or aspects of Esu, incarnations of Esu, and some of these roads were once historical personages elevated to the status of orisa due to some extraordinary existence as a human. Sango is said to have been the fifth king of Oyo and also an irunmole, original being that came down from Orun. The original Sango is irunmole, but there was one who exemplified the energy of Sango and upon the individual's dissolution, he was elevated and integrated with the energy he personified.

In Haitian Vodou, it is not uncommon to see historical figures, like Dessalines, incoporated and absorbed into the Lwa. The Ogou family of lwa have many historical personages as a component of their famile. Even the Ghede, as representations of the dead, have many historical figures.

The esteemed researcher and historian Asar Imhotep recently made available an excerpt of his upcoming work titled "Bantu Cosmology and the Origins of Egyptian Civilization." I must say it was a timely admission and something I truly believe will be enjoyable once the completed work is released.

In this sneak peek of what will be a seminal work, Bro. Asar wrote, " I believe the Ntrw are representations of:
    • Forces that cause matter to change from one state or another
    • Symbols for abstract concepts that do not have an obvious representation in nature, so they describe a process, on one level, more so than a "thing"
    • A living high ranking priest in a priesthood system, and
    • The spirits of ancestors who have completed their various life cycles and have realized their full potential.

Asar Imhotep also encourages us to recall that the root /tr/ in ntr means "ancestress".

Blackbird

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hostry of sango