Black Spirituality Religion : An Oxymoron - Escaping the Matrix and Being Islam

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by MS234, Mar 23, 2012.

1. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    This statement is an oxymoron. It shows lack of understanding of what the matrix truly is.

This article attempts to why an islam mind cannot be deceived, when it reality is the deception is already in place. I can't see how one can claim something is all around us, everywhere, but somehow you can become immune because you live in a bubble?

2. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    no doubt son....
    religion is one of many lubricants that the matrix uses....

one love
    khasm

3. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    Yes that was my point. And I got reported lol. I've come to learn ignorance and the human being seem to go hand and hand. Instead of creating an uproar over why we being lied to, we defend the lies with blind faith. People do not under/overstand that present day religions are a distraction, keeping you from yourself.

Religion is about stagnation. They are in place so one will refuse common sense, reality and truth at all costs.
    For someone to suggest that an islam mind can't be deceived by the matrix is ludicrous. You almost sound crazy, because like you said religion is a lubricant of the matrix. The deception is SO DEEP, that an individual doesn't even think they're being deceived. lol

Khasm13 thanks for your comments and your REALISM.

4. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    The concept of the Matrix --- et al, a form of self-delusion fueled by egoic desires of the flesh --- is not unique to Islam. The apostle Paul described the Matrix quite well in I Corinthians 13:12. Hindus call it Maya. Plato wrote about it in his Cave analogy. Personally, I think Capitalism fits the description as well.

In each case, the idea is that mortals are living in a fantasy world. They think the unreal is real and the real is unreal. This misperception serves as a form of self [Self?] enslavement.

To escape the Matrix, one has to have "eyes that see". Hence, in the Matrix movies, Neo is told "no one can tell you what the Matrix is, you have to see it for yourself". Interestingly, at the end of the 3rd and final Matrix movie, Neo's _physical_ eyes are blinded by Smith [an obvious symbol for the ultimate antagonist, Satan]. But, note, even with _physical_ eyes blinded, Neo is able to see the Source which is a being of Light clearly meant to be God [the ultimate protagonist].

Conclusion. Regardless of which religion, or philosophical world view, you adhere to, you still end up enslaved to the Matrix until you figure out that the material world, the world which you perceive with your physical senses, is a shadow of the Real World.

The Real World is ... the Kingdom of God within ... the Self.

But, of course, my telling you that means nothing. You have to see it for yourself.

5. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    This is the understatement of the year. It does more than just fits the description as well. Present day "capitialism" is at the core of the matrix. Why do you think the "all seeing eye" is separated from the pyramid on the back of a one dollar bill? This is not accident. It's telling you that this money WILL separate you from your spirit. One way or another, which is the basis of the "all seeing eye" to begin with.

This is true.

I see more than you realize. Though I wouldn't term it "kingdom of god". It's deeper than we can appreciate, as we love to put labels and conditions on everything as human beings.

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    indeed....i enjoyed reading this breakdown....i would just like to add what my definition of the real world is from my perspective....

i believe that everything on this planet and in this universe is connected on some level....race/capitalism and just sheer ignorance clouds this fact....

one love
    khasm

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Are you sure that scripture provides a description of the Matrix? Please give more commentary in support of the above statement.

Peace In,

8. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

seems pretty clear to me...

one love
    khasm

9. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    I Corinthians 13:12

[8] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
    [9] For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
    [10] But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
    [11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
    [12] For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
    [13] And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.​

Most of us, regardless of faith, are familiar with these words. Some may even have heard or read it where the word love is substituted for charity, which I think is appropriate:

The contextual message is that everything we might think of now as real is, in fact, temporal. Whether it be prophecies, languages, or even knowledge ... it is all temporal and will pass away.

You did ask for commentary, so I am taking some liberties here. I know you are a Christian, but I am not, so you will have to forgive me for transcending the temporal Christian interpretation.

When all else fails, when all else passes away, only Love --- aka Christ --- aka God will remain.

God is love. I don't know why I don't hear that as much anymore. But when I was a child, I heard it all the time. God is love. Christ is love [same difference]. Not an old bearded white man living on a cloud somewhere lo, here, or lo, there. Not a black man with hair like wool and feet of bronze [lest men should boast]. And definitely not a Tyrone Powers looking young white man with long dark, brown hair. Not even a historical Essenes disciple, or Heru, or Krishna.

All this, too, must pass when Love alone remains and when we finally grow up and "put away childish things."

Now, we live in a mortal age where men insist on the efficacy of Just War and scoff at love as being impractical. Men, now, prefer to put faith in guns and nukes and the like.

And as for God, Self, or Consciousness? Well, say the neuroscientists, they are no more that illusions caused by neural activity of the brain.

This, too, will pass.

We live in a mortal age, now, where what is valued most is stuff --- cars, clothes, money, job, you know, filthy lucre. But, that all is going to fade away. Because, what we _think_ we know now as real is only a reflection of the Real, seen "through a glass, darkly".

When we get to the promised land MLK was talking about, when we get to Turiya that the Hindus talk about, when we take the red pill Morpheus was talking about ... the scales will fall from our eyes, the jack will come unplugged from the back of our head, and we will finally see L-O-V-E ... then we will know the Real World.

What is the Matrix?

The Matrix is the illusion, the reflection of the real that we "see thru a glass, darkly". To repeat Morpheus' message to Neo in the first Matrix movie, the Matrix is "the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

What truth?

That you are a slave. Our capitalism, our war on terror, our freedom and democracy, indeed, even our religions --- Christianity, Islam, Judaism --- and all the hope and faith we have invested in them. That, too, must pass.

All else shall pass away when we finally come face to face with Love.

Love will, on that day, transcend the Matrix. And, on that day, everyone will bow and confess that Love is Lord.

I John 4:14-16
    And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
    Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
    And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.​

Grok?

10. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,775
    Islam is a fanatical hybrid religious philosophy made out of "monophysite christianity" -- appointed by Empress Theodora (wife of the Roman (Byzantine) Emperor Justinian I )and evangelized by James Baradai ------to the European Arabs. -- Page 7, "The Historical Origin of Christianity" by Walter Williams.